Billy Mehmet top

Buddo

Guest TPAFKATS
Absolutely, Its a good idea, a good cause and i hope you will be able to contribute money to that. I was just letting you know why you might not be getting as many bids on the top as you thought it would

Ditto for me buddo

Sorry to say guys but the signatures on the shirt are not authentic. Was reluctant to post as I dont like to intrude when it comes to donating to Charity but noticed the signatures straight away and they are nothing like how those players sign.

Collected Saints autographs on programmes when I was younger and could spot the difference a mile away. Tweeted Lee Mair & Vanzy so they can confirm this for me. 

1 hour ago, DannysBarmyArmy11 said:

Sorry to say guys but the signatures on the shirt are not authentic. Was reluctant to post as I dont like to intrude when it comes to donating to Charity but noticed the signatures straight away and they are nothing like how those players sign.

Collected Saints autographs on programmes when I was younger and could spot the difference a mile away. Tweeted Lee Mair & Vanzy so they can confirm this for me. 

Screenshot_2017-12-11-18-15-35.png

Thanks for the reply, I think the purpose has been lost though!

Here's my example, I spend £50 on average going to a game, £20 on train fare from Glasgow, maybe a pint or two, pie & bovril!

Last week (Dumbarton game) me and a mate, (non bud) travelled along, in the station seen a fiver on the ground, picked it up and said first homeless person we see we'll hand it too, which we did.

If anyone with eyes has walked through the High street, whether it be Paisley, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc etc you'll see there are people everywhere!

Personally I thought it was a decent idea, I'm not having £2 is a problem to folk, can't even buy a coffee for that, yeah we lost that day, buts it's still 1 of 14 tops worn and unique in itself.

I'm sorry if my tone comes across abrupt, not my intention, just how I feel, rightly or wrongly!

What is it I've actually done here? Oh that's right try and raise money for people sleeping on the street at xmas!

Mate don't take it personally.

Fwiw I tried to bid but go bored waiting for the screen to move on. I would have tried harder but on the same day I'd paid £20 to two work colleagues for the pleasure of sleeping in a park in Edinburgh for a very similar cause.

You are trying to do something positive and shouldn't feel bad for trying. Ignore the negs.

On 09/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, bud72 said:

Hate to say it but that shirt is just a replica and not one worn on the day. Ive got one of the spares and it's totally different. st-mirren-home-football-shirt-2009-2010-s_22418_1.jpg

On 09/12/2017 at 6:36 PM, Bearsden buddie said:

Yeah i am sorry to say aswell but I think what you have is probably one of billy's league game tops with that printed on the front about the final. This was the top billy was actually wearing on the day.

Image result for st mirren league cup final 2010 billy mehmet

It is a good idea to raise some money for a good cause tho, hopefully you still manage to do that!

15 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

Different "cup final" embroidery 

Still struggling to see the difference. Cup final embroidery looks the same too. 

IMG_4561.thumb.jpg.eb0f92c221301dff690d9ac7f9ed9bca.jpgI think this is what is up for auction which is different from what Mehmet is wearing above!!

You're right WeeBud. The one I posted was a spare from the final signed by Gus and Andy Millen. It had the embroidery and Co-operative sleeve patches. The one on offer didn't have that.

On 09/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, Buddo said:

OMG stroke my own ego? You can't be serious! How has been raising money for those less fortunate became a slagging match? PM me and I'll tell you exactly what I've done for the homeless, this was meant to be something good, not a debate or argument.

Virtue signalling. There really is nothing this current generation of humans do better.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:50 PM, DannysBarmyArmy11 said:

Was reluctant to post as I dont like to intrude when it comes to donating to Charity

And this attitude is widespread amongst the population. It provides a lovely environment for fraudsters and scammers to cream a fortune.

ALWAYS check. ALWAYS.