St Mirren V Dunfermline 16 December

St.Ricky

FT 1-0

Certainly rode our luck a bit second half there. Dunfermline were given a penalty then the ref changed his mind after speaking to the linesman. Wasn’t sure if it was or not from where I was sitting, but it’s safe to say the Fife contingent weren’t happy with the reversal.

Then Dunfermline missed several good chances late on, including a tap in at the back post that was inexplicably skyed over the bar.

It’s 3 points and we are back top of the league though, and that’s all that matters I guess. We aren’t winning games convincingly any more, but like today and last week in Brechin, we still win.

Good.

# Team MP W D L G Pts Form
1. St. Mirren 17 11 2 4 32:20 35
2. Dundee Utd 16 10 3 3 22:14 33
3. Queen of South 16 7 5 4 28:21 26
4. Livingston 14 7 4 3 24:18 25
5. Dunfermline 17 6 5 6 32:23 23
6. Morton 16 6 5 5 24:18 23
7. Inverness 16 5 5 6 18:18 20
8. Dumbarton 16 4 6 6 14:21 18
9. Falkirk 14 1 6 7 9:25 9
10. Brechin 16 0 3 13 11:36 3

Well done Saints

1 minute ago, Buddie Marvelous said:
# Team MP W D L G Pts Form
1. St. Mirren 17 11 2 4 32:20 35
2. Dundee Utd 16 10 3 3 22:14 33
3. Queen of South 16 7 5 4 28:21 26
4. Livingston 14 7 4 3 24:18 25
5. Dunfermline 17 6 5 6 32:23 23
6. Morton 16 6 5 5 24:18 23
7. Inverness 16 5 5 6 18:18 20
8. Dumbarton 16 4 6 6 14:21 18
9. Falkirk 14 1 6 7 9:25 9
10. Brechin 16 0 3 13 11:36 3

Well done Saints

12 points clear of Dunfermline - what has happened to them? Who cares

Now we need Utd and QOS to go on similar runs to them, while we streak away into the distance...

Good fight in us today and another clean sheet.. also great to see Mullen and McPherson getting into the action too..

It's a win but we really need to heed the warning signs here.

McGinn, McShane and Magennis are not contributing enough in the middle of the park and - while I hate to agree with Elvis - it is true we are being bossed by mediocre teams now.

I really hope we have some midfield reinforcements coming in for the second half of the season.  We are in a great position and have tremendous attacking options in Morgan and Smith, we need to make sure we have a midfield that can dictate the flow of games if we are going to finish ahead of United.

Def a game of two halves. Thought 1st half we were superb. Morgan was given out a masterclass summed by a brilliant team goal. 2nd we were hardly in the game and rode our luck a bit. Ref was a disgrace. Smith. Morgan and McShane done really well but for me Bairdy was MOM. Another 3 points and Top Of The League Coys.

I have seen some bad refereeing in my time but this will rank amongst the most bizarre. Dunfermline Goalkeeper should surely have been sent off first half!

Then in the second half in one incident he first gave a corner to Dunfermline then a penalty to Dunfermline and finally a free kick to St Mirren!!! Unbelievable!!

Anyway rode our luck a little in second half but were well worth our lead in the first.

Another great 3 points. Onwards and upwards 

Our midfield at the moment isn't good enough to win the league as we were bossed in the second half and no one on the bench to change it

I thought Baird was our best player as Davis i thought was very rusty

Reilly cut a lone figure in the second with no one near him about 30 yards

Really need central midfielders in as it ended up hot tottie time at end just hitting anywhere inviting pressure

We won . Too many long balls up to Reilly that didn't work because the Dung have some of the tallest people in Scotland . We need to improve our midfield or improve the tactics . looked like tactics changed second half . We won and we are top of the League , everything else is superfluous tonight . . COYS