St Mirren V Dunfermline 16 December

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Stop the goalie constantly hitting high balls to midgets. Changed Reilly for mullans. Midget for midget. But still shelled it into the air. Please he it down and pass it.

Yes , even Sutton would have been dwarfed by those guys - in a situation like that we should have kept the ball on the deck , too much ping-pong in the air . .

59 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's a win but we really need to heed the warning signs here.

McGinn, McShane and Magennis are not contributing enough in the middle of the park and - while I hate to agree with Elvis - it is true we are being bossed by mediocre teams now.

I really hope we have some midfield reinforcements coming in for the second half of the season.  We are in a great position and have tremendous attacking options in Morgan and Smith, we need to make sure we have a midfield that can dictate the flow of games if we are going to finish ahead of United.

This. Let just hope that the manager see what we are seeing from the midfield.

33 minutes ago, guinness said:

Stop the goalie constantly hitting high balls to midgets. Changed Reilly for mullans. Midget for midget. But still shelled it into the air. Please he it down and pass it.

Totally agree, given we weren't winning second balls either, we just gave away possession. 

Thought we should have been at least a couple up at HT.

Would be interesting to hear the reasoning as to why their GK wasn't sent off.

Second half we created very little. The defence, Baird in particular, did well to cope with the amount of pressure we invited upon ourselves.

We will need to be considerably better next week.

Commentators on SMTV are hilarious. 

Going on about how the Pars keeper shouldn’t have been booked in the first half and that it wasn’t a foul, because he got his hand to the ball. Aye!! Outside the box ya dafties.

i wouldn’t say it was a game if 2 halves. I thought we were brilliant first half and I think we also started the second half well. It was when we visibly started to sit back that it started to go wrong. Up until then I thought McGinn had been brilliant.

Thought Magennis was poor today though. 

Morgan was unplayable in the first half, but his end product seems to have deserted him recently. 

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
59 minutes ago, renfrew said:
Frozen pitch at h/t

pitch is a disgrace at Palmerston. Hate plastic pitches

The Falkirk Game off, Allo game off, Palmerston abandoned .  :angry:

Makes sense to have an artificial pitch doesnt it ? I mean you wouldnt want to lose revenue due to unplayable pitches would you ? <_<

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Happy with the three points but agree with a few that were lacking a bit off muscle in midfield, hopefully this get addressed in January.

Think Dunfermline were probably good for a draw. Glad to see a settled defence start to reap some rewards.

Would’ve loved Wee Gav to have stuck that chip away though. Would’ve made that second half a more comfortable viewing.

38 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well, that was a shitfest, but it's a win.

Baird is my MotM. The big man was superb today.

Absurd refereeing performance. Absolutely baffling. 

It was the 1st time in my life I was wishing it was wee willie that was the ref :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Thought we should have been at least a couple up at HT.
Would be interesting to hear the reasoning as to why their GK wasn't sent off.
Second half we created very little. The defence, Baird in particular, did well to cope with the amount of pressure we invited upon ourselves.
We will need to be considerably better next week.
Depends on what the foul was for. If it was due to fouling Reilly outside the box then I assume he took the easy option of deciding Reilly was moving to side as opposed to in on goal and there were players back to defend.
I never noticed a handball by keeper at the time

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Baird is my MotM. The big man was superb today.

This.

Is the MOM chosen by those in Hospitality ? If so, we need to cut back on the booze on their tables.

Jack Baird ought to have been awarded MOM today. Not the first time that a MOM display from JB has been overlooked in favour of one of the 'glory boys' further up the park.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thought it was a poor turnout today , even taking into account the time of year . A shame that not more than 4000 turned up to witness the team regaining top spot.

The two rows immediately in front us were about 20% full.

The guy in front of me usually has five either side of him.

He was Norman no mates today.:lol:

This.
Is the MOM chosen by those in Hospitality ? If so, we need to cut back on the booze on their tables.
Jack Baird ought to have been awarded MOM today. Not the first time that a MOM display from JB has been overlooked in favour of one of the 'glory boys' further up the park.

As l understand it motm is a text vote during game. Explains a lot about some of the weird decisions we get, but then how often do we not all disagree over these choices no matter how they're decided?

Obviously, happy and relieved we got the 3 points today. Could have been 3-2 or any combination in between and 1-0 .... either way.  Morgan had his flashes but MoTM for me was Smith (with Bairdy, Eckersley and McGinn also in with a good shout) so baffled when he came off when I thought Magennis was contributing far less. I like wee Gavin and would have loved it if he had scored against his old club. He puts in a great shift but really struggles with these high balls - should maybe get a pair of platform boots OR MAYBE THE REST OF THE TEAM SHOULD STOP PUNTIN HIGH BALLS UP TO HIM. Never mind, problem soon solved by replacing him with a shorter player .... yet somehow punting the high balls up to him as well still didn't seem to work  ..... who would have thunk it? :)