Danny Mullen

div

IMPRESSIVE - that is the word for me.. OK he is not Messi, but getting someone at the right level who brings something more to the squad and team is what has to be done if we are planning to improve...

He is young, hard working and can score goals - the team/squad has been needing a boost recently  - so along with Magennis and Davis returning (but perhaps still to get fully up and running) , and hopefully McKenzie before too long, this is a very decent bit of EARLY January squad work... as well as taking some strength away from a rival..

J & J have had very decent transfer windows previously... I know some will say that some guys have not worked out, but getting everyone to work out would require incredible luck as well as making informed choices which completely click perfectly into place. 

Bring on the next Signing - perhaps a hard tackling, goal scoring midfielder or one of each..?

Then clear out and cut the wage bill  on those who don't contribute or are not part of the planning strategy for the future..

Noticed djchapsticks wondering about the Loy rumour - but I think he has been injured for much of the season at Falkirk anyway... I don't think he would be a better all round package than Mullen either way. Don't get me wrong, he contributed much for us last time - but wages wise, he would be a much bigger burden and he is no spring chicken either (He'll soon be 30).

Edited by Sweeper07

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IMPRESSIVE - that is the word for me.. OK he is not Messi, but getting someone at the right level who brings something more to the squad and team is what has to be done if we are planning to improve...

He is young, hard working and can score goals - the team/squad has been needing a boost recently  - so along with Magennis and Davis returning (but perhaps still to get fully up and running) , and hopefully McKenzie before too long, this is a very decent bit of EARLY January squad work... as well as taking some strength away from a rival..

J & J have had very decent transfer windows previously... I know some will say that some guys have not worked out, but getting everyone to work out would require incredible luck as well as making informed choices which completely click perfectly into place. 

Bring on the next Signing - perhaps a hard tackling, goal scoring midfielder or one of each..?

Then clear out and cut the wage bill  on those who don't contribute or are not part of the planning strategy for the future..

Noticed djchapsticks wondering about the Loy rumour - but I think he has been injured for much of the season at Falkirk anyway... I don't think he would be a better all round package than Mullen either way. Don't get me wrong, he contributed much for us last time - but wages wise, he would be a much bigger burden and he is no spring chicken either (He'll soon be 30).

The rumours kicking about is that Loy is physically fit but there's an issue with Hartley stemming back to Dundee that means he's looking to get a move out pretty sharpish. Think he's definitely regretting backing the wrong horse in the summer. 

Shout out to Scottd...

still think Dun Utd will win the league by splashing the cash in January..?

we cant spash ours quick enough with this signing. 

Ross has a job on now trying to shift all the honkers he's signed, we cant afford to be paying all their wages and strengthening the squad.

Todd, Hilson, Duffy, McCart, Stewart, add McShane to that list too.

1 hour ago, Lanarkshire_Bud said:

The "five figure sum" suggests the Morgan transfer is a done deal.

I don't think there's any doubt whatsoever that Morgan will sign for another club in January.  An absolute condition of that will be that he stays with us for the rest of this season though.

Bear in mind we've brought in over £400K in transfer fees in the last 12 months too.

I'm led to believe my one of the media guys that Livingston turned down a six figure bid for Mullen from Cardiff in the Summer!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Shout out to Scottd...

Ross has a job on now trying to shift all the honkers he's signed, we cant afford to be paying all their wages and strengthening the squad.

I'd be looking to move on Kirkpatrick long before I'd be looking at McShane who I think has been very decent.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

The rumours kicking about is that Loy is physically fit but there's an issue with Hartley stemming back to Dundee that means he's looking to get a move out pretty sharpish. Think he's definitely regretting backing the wrong horse in the summer. 

This is of course very possible - but would be madness because he is on a big wage and can really contribute to the goals for column and Hartley and Falkirk really need that - they are in the play off relegation place at this time.

I doubt we would be willing to take on his full Falkirk wages either.. as well as him choosing Falkirk over us previously.

I think the priority now is in midfield

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

This is of course very possible - but would be madness because he is on a big wage and can really contribute to the goals for column and Hartley and Falkirk really need that - they are in the play off relegation place at this time.

I doubt we would be willing to take on his full Falkirk wages either.. as well as him choosing Falkirk over us previously.

I think the priority now is in midfield

Yeah I can't see a place for Loy in our team now. We'll have Sutton, Smith, Reilly, Stewart and Mullen all capable of playing up front. Stewart may well move out on loan and I suppose there is always a chance of someone coming in for Sutton but he'll be on a big (by our standards) wage.

If we can get Liam Henderson in from Celtic on loan as part of the Morgan deal that would be good as it would give us an option along with McGinn and McShane in the middle. At the moment both are automatic picks as we really only have Magennis who can play in there and we've nobody else who can play wide right.

Kirkpatrick been the big disappointment of the summer recruitment. Looks miles out his depth.

Defence looks sorted but definitely need extra bodies in midfield.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Shout out to Scottd...

Todd looked very good last time before his injury - the operation should fix him and he can contribute when he is fit.

McShane has been very good in a number of games but does have games where he does not shine so well - has he been fully fit in those or squeezed in  during those times?

I also think Stewart is one for the future and needs more game time.. he has something about him - Jack obviously thought so too.

The jury is out on Kirkpatrick too but like Stewart, he has not had much chance to get into a rhythm in the 1st team..

I'd let Duffy, McCart (only because the centre backs a re now fit or there abouts), Sutton and Hilson (due to Fitness problems)  go in a flash.

Surprised that anyone has McShane pinned as a dud. I'd argue that he's been a very good signing. OK he's had the odd stinker but definitely far more good performances than poor ones. 

This, I’ve been very impressed with McShane. Find it incredible anyone would label him a dud.

As much as I’m a fan of McGinn I would argue McShane has had more better games than him this season....

Shout out to Scottd...

Isn’t Hilton only signed until the end of the year anyway? Pretty sure that’s the case and Mullen will take his wage spot.

Good bit of business if that’s the case.

You really love trying to piss on Jack’s chips don’t you?

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Shout out to Scottd...

Utd might well wade in heavy in January, but their current wage bill must be stretching their budget for the year already.. Guys like MacDonald, King, Fraser, Toshney, Keatings, the Edgenguele, Flood and Fyvie will all be on big money..

So we will see - but it is not always those with the biggest wage bill that win the league.. not even in the big money league in England - LEICESTER for example

"We can't splash ours quick enough" - would you prefer we were back grabbing who is left on the cheap at the last minute like we were during Gilmour's time?

Getting a squad means that some guys role is likely to be in the background, to fill in for injury's and suspensions and every manager has to cut his cloth with whatever budget he is given.  So Jack took a risk on Hilson and Davis.. Hilson has not really got injury free, but did score a winning goal and that is 3 precious points which we are glad off. Davis is just now back in to the team - he is a class act - he was a big risk, but if he stays fit, he is way better than we would expect in our team at this time.  McCart was a temporary loan which gave us essential cover at the time and Todd is a good player who will be back fit and fighting after his shoulder op.. he might well contribute to us winning this league..

Duffy I will give you as a honker - cause we haven't really seem him, though his experience and record could surely have brought something too IF it had worked out better.

DON'T be so scathing - the management and directors are taking us places we want to go - not so long ago it was very different..

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Shout out to Scottd...

What cash do they have ?  They been living off soft loans and they also have a ex manager and his staff to pay off.