January 2018 Transfer Window

Ron let the guy settle in. He is one of us now and will be welcmed with open arms Oldham is a place with a dark cloud hanging over it has been for years now the lad is now stepping into sunshine where everyone is smiling such an atmosphere helps to bring the best out wait and see. 
A very talented boy. I remember him in the academy at Liverpool - big things were expected of him. Never fulfilled that potential but can really shine at this level, and the next one up...

In like Flynn............
th?id=OIP.ie5TH8ubL_J0bQamfiKd4gHaJG&w=164&h=202&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.05&pid=1.7
PS - It was only yesterday I realized your Username was Soctty and not the obvious rotund red jersey.......................[emoji3]
I thought in like Flynn might have been a bit obvious... [emoji23] An allusion to him once being a bairn was another possiblity but I'm too lazy to think these things through. [emoji42]

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
51 minutes ago, renfrew said:
Yes and I am glad it is the manager and not me that decide.

In all seriousness got to be Mcshane that gets dropped thought that was pretty obvious.

With all his assists :o  and who would takes the penalties :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So now we know 1 so who is 2 ? Would that be the former holding midfield player who used to play for Crew ? 3 will be Hill on loan from Celtic. 

I imagine the second player on Monday will be Hill.

The former Crewe holding mid is presumably not on the radar as with Hill coming in and Magennis moving inside, we'll have plenty of cover in the centre of the park.

Jack has indicated one more in after the two on Monday. I'd like to think that'll be a forward given we have lost 3  in this window and only have Reilly, Mullen and Sutton

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I imagine the second player on Monday will be Hill.

The former Crewe holding mid is presumably not on the radar as with Hill coming in and Magennis moving inside, we'll have plenty of cover in the centre of the park.

Jack has indicated one more in after the two on Monday. I'd like to think that'll be a forward given we have lost 3  in this window and only have Reilly, Mullen and Sutton

I think Smith is classed as a striker, but aye, we could do with one more in.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, renfrew said:
Yes and I am glad it is the manager and not me that decide.

In all seriousness got to be Mcshane that gets dropped thought that was pretty obvious.

As ineffective as some think he is, he does have a lot of assists to his name.

But yes, he would seem the most likely candidate, now that Magennis is back to his best.

I think McShane gets unfair criticism on here.

He can be a bit frustrating and slows play down at times (as does McGinn, to be fair) but is pretty effective in more games than not. His assist tally has already been mentioned, but he has other attributes and can pick a decent pass.

Also worth mentioning that he has been an ever-present in a team that is sitting at the top of the league. His goals (penalties, granted, but they still have to be converted) all count.

Competition for places is the key.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think McShane gets unfair criticism on here.

He can be a bit frustrating and slows play down at times (as does McGinn, to be fair) but is pretty effective in more games than not. His assist tally has already been mentioned, but he has other attributes and can pick a decent pass.

Also worth mentioning that he has been an ever-present in a team that is sitting at the top of the league. His goals (penalties, granted, but they still have to be converted) all count.

Competition for places is the key.

100% Agree. In an ideal world we would have at least two very good players for each position.  This provides competition for places and cover for injuries as well as the ability to change tactics.  Jack knows what he is doing. IMO