January 2018 Transfer Window

58 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Might be the case that not being able to move him and / or Sutton on will mean tomorrow's signings will be our only ones.

I suspect there is scope for one more, bearing in mind 8 or 9 have went the other way, albeit not all permanently or high earners.

Maybe a striker on loan? That would be my guess.

At the moment we are playing  as a team. Underline team. Any changes made should be to strengthen the squad and anyone released to facilitate that.  Much as I have views on each player in the team I feel strongly that a club wins a league by having a strong squad. Illness, injury and non football issues can and do impact on the form and availability for selection . What a great problem to have if you can choose from two highly competent players in key areas.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I suspect there is scope for one more, bearing in mind 8 or 9 have went the other way, albeit not all permanently or high earners.

Maybe a striker on loan? That would be my guess.

Given the hysteria around Sutton's alleged pay packet I reckon if we can loan him out to a team willing to cover 50% of it we should be able to compete for Alexis Sanchez.  Would be decent competition for Gavin Reilly.

14 hours ago, WirralSaint said:

We've players scoring goals which is great but these usually come because someone has given them that opportunity.  As well as working his butt off winning ball McShane is virtually the top creator of goals in the league?   +5 goals being our best penalty taker.  I'd not rush to drop him any time soon.

mcshane.jpg.966cf5075e77d493ac0535f3962d36a8.jpg

Of that list there has been speculation about Mullin, but if Williamson is the Dunfermline RB I would like to see us make a move in the summer for him if Liam returns to Hearts as expected.

Ryan Flynn hasn't started a game for Oldham this season in the league. I think it's fair to say he won't walk straight into the team and will be introduced gradually over the course of the next 3 or 4 matches.

Wouldn’t be too quick to move Magennis into the centre either. He was outstanding yesterday on the right.

Fair enough, I've read transfermarkt wrong... see he also got the full 90 against Plymouth on 23rd December. Very little football aside from that though.
Transfermarkt is not a good source for facts. Especially outside the big leagues.

I think it says lewis morgan is a Center Attacking Midfielder on it if i remember right.

Wouldn’t be too quick to move Magennis into the centre either. He was outstanding yesterday on the right.
Best player on the park IMO. Reminded me a wee bit of the style that Andrei Kanchelskis played in his mid 90s days at Man U. Just outmuscling leftbacks. Since the summer he seems to have gained a bit of upper body strength. Id hate to be a left back in this division.

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

If the 2 signings tomorrow are Flynn and Hill from Celtic anyone else think Tam McManus has had a touch of the flareybob about him as he described the players as "2 Big Signings".

I was expecting 2 well know players by that description.

Ryan Flynn is well known. A player at our level with 200 appearances at English league 1 is about as big as we can realistically hope for. 

It's on a par with McGinn last season. 

McShane has been great of late will be hard for anyone to come in and go straight into the starting 11 he’s been on set pieces pretty much all season so easy to help with him being top of the assists.

For me If someone was to drop out it would be him as I’d like to see Magennis more central I’d think his energy in there would be best suited for him.

Ryan Flynn is well known. A player at our level with 200 appearances at English league 1 is about as big as we can realistically hope for. 
I know who Ryan Flynn is that is 1 big signing imo but Mark Hill can't be described in the same manner that was why I wondered why McManus described them as "2 Big Signings" maybe later today we will be surprised at who actually signs.

I know who Ryan Flynn is that is 1 big signing imo but Mark Hill can't be described in the same manner that was why I wondered why McManus described them as "2 Big Signings" maybe later today we will be surprised at who actually signs.

He said posting to Buchanan leaving st mirren clearing the decks for a couple of Big signings in January he Didn’t say their will be 2 big signings on Monday.

I think he was only referring to mainly Flynn as a big signing as he’s a ex team mate who he will know his quality

20 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He said posting to Buchanan leaving st mirren clearing the decks for a couple of Big signings in January he Didn’t say their will be 2 big signings on Monday.

I think he was only referring to mainly Flynn as a big signing as he’s a ex team mate who he will know his quality

Another one to come...

Cool thought he had said 2 big signings on Monday.

If there is another "Big Signing" to come, how does Tam McManus know who it is??? Surely if he knows the name would have been leaked onto social media by now.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:
5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think one of our big signings has failed to materialise, unless there's a change of mind.  :(    

Edited by pod