January 2018 Transfer Window

40 minutes ago, woiiftm said:

Apparently waiting for sun to come out over Ralston to allow for nice photo's to be taken of new arrivals before announcing.

29 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I hear its because the badges keep falling of the shirts and they have to get them stuck back on so the new players can hold them up.

Thank goodness - it could take a few days before the sun appears....

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:
8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Ryan Flynn is well known. A player at our level with 200 appearances at English league 1 is about as big as we can realistically hope for. 
It's on a par with McGinn last season. 

I know who Ryan Flynn is that is 1 big signing imo but Mark Hill can't be described in the same manner that was why I wondered why McManus described them as "2 Big Signings" maybe later today we will be surprised at who actually signs.

Really? Was he not getting on the Hamilton bench (In the SP) at 14 and just signed a new long-term Celtic contract? One of the most exciting young prospects in Scotland, when you think how Maggenis is playing at the same age if he's anything similar performance wise I'd have to side with McManus on his wording. Brilliant option. 

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Really? Was he not getting on the Hamilton bench (In the SP) at 14 and just signed a new long-term Celtic contract? One of the most exciting young prospects in Scotland, when you think how Maggenis is playing at the same age if he's anything similar performance wise I'd have to side with McManus on his wording. Brilliant option. 

Looking at J & J's track record in transfer windows, (Which is absolutely fab - just in case there is any doubt), I am happy to wait and see how these signings will pan out... It is pretty amazing how many players have been shipped in and out to help us progress since they took the reigns, and they are not resting on their laurels this window either... Kudos to the board too...they have managed risk with some boldness, in sound measure and without risking debt.

This young prospect may well find some 1st team action and be back with us next season - who knows.. but it will be additional cover and a different option till the end of this one, and that makes perfect sense. We will be stronger having that surely?

Our task is not to worry where signings will fit in and who will be dropped or whether they will get much game time. Our task is simply to support, enjoy and hopefully see our team rising to become seriously competitive in the top league and the cups.  You can bet your boots that is what  J, J and the directors are working towards... and no one can seriously deny that for this past year, it has been a whole lot better being a Buddie and watching great professionals manage our club so well; as well as victories nearly every week and goals galore in the for column, with few going in our net.... 

Perhaps our other job is firing opinions and having a laugh together on here... good times - let them keep on rolling

Edited by Sweeper07
missing w and on which together spell WON