January 2018 Transfer Window

Without wishing to tempt fate, isn’t it great that we have spent this window so far, speculating about who’s coming in rather than shitting ourselves about losing our best players. Given the talent we have at the moment, that it quite something. Long may it continue. Well.......at least for the next 16 days anyway!

Without wishing to tempt fate, isn’t it great that we have spent this window so far, speculating about who’s coming in rather than shitting ourselves about losing our best players. Given the talent we have at the moment, that it quite something. Long may it continue. Well.......at least for the next 16 days anyway!

Agree. But i would still be happy to see a forward. Hypolyte or (the much maligned/hated) Quitongo.
I know many on here would be against both, however, I strongly believe our management team would improve both, giving us something different up front.

I would say our transfer dealings are finished with. We have strengthened with a holding midfielder and a wide player and a striker in Mullen. Two areas that we could have done with strengthening is a holding midfielder and wide player IMO.

Im chuffed with our squad. We have a great balance and strength in depth

1 minute ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I would say our transfer dealings are finished with. We have strengthened with a holding midfielder and a wide player and a striker in Mullen. Two areas that we could have done with strengthening is a holding midfielder and wide player IMO.

Rumour is that Dundee Utd and ourselves are chasing the same striker.

11 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I'd still wager there's one more to come given that it's an open secret we're looking for a forward.

If we don't get one before the end of the window, I'm still more than happy with what we have going into the last 1/3rd of the season.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd still wager there's one more to come given that it's an open secret we're looking for a forward.

If we don't get one before the end of the window, I'm still more than happy with what we have going into the last 1/3rd of the season.

Agreed - and we also have Josh Todd recovering from injury and hopefully competing for a place (at least on the bench) by the end of this month.

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Agreed - and we also have Josh Todd recovering from injury and hopefully competing for a place (at least on the bench) by the end of this month.

The few, aye, I know, times I've seen Todd I've really like him.

Always steady, reliable and a tad unlucky with injuries.

As you say, another good asset to the squad. 

9 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

At this moment in time. Nobody.

Decent shout. Nobody should be coming straight into a winning team, unless because of injuries/suspensions.

We still have a shallow enough squad that most people will get their chance to impress several times between now and the ed of the season.

13 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Agree. But i would still be happy to see a forward. Hypolyte or (the much maligned/hated) Quitongo.
I know many on here would be against both, however, I strongly believe our management team would improve both, giving us something different up front.

He may improve Hypolyte yes but it's pretty difficult to improve a player like Quitongo who's injured more than he's fit (injured again right now) also Morton have him under contract to the summer, at the very best we'd get him on a pre-contract and have to pay the full compensation owed (roughly £120k according to sources) that's a massive risk for me for a player so injury prone that's only had one good season then not really been at the races, unless he's turning it on against us.

There's no way Morton or their fans would stand for us taking him right now unless the money was really good. We don't have that money to spend/ waste on an injured player. TBH I think people need to drop the Jai Quitongo chat, it's no happening. 

12 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Surely they'll bring in another center back? We only have three at the club right now, one can't play on artificial pitches and ones made of glass. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Surely they'll bring in another center back? We only have three at the club right now, one can't play on artificial pitches and ones made of glass. 

Irvine can play centre half if called upon, as can Eckersley as far as I can recall.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Irvine can play centre half if called upon, as can Eckersley as far as I can recall.

Yeah I believe that's right but I would be a lot more comfortable with an out and out CB available to us. Especially with Irvine not playing much recently. Imagining the situation where Mac is out and something happens to Davis/ Baird for a prolonged period of time. Wouldn't be the best. Going from five CB to three, imagine it must be something on JR radar.