January 2018 Transfer Window

18 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How do you know?

I keep hens, some just like the one in the picture,  and have a couple of cockerels too, (altogether much more colourful than hens and larger all round, bigger wattles .. I never have trouble identifying women from men either - although there are occasionally some that are more difficult to determine...

Edited by Sweeper07

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, I don't have your wife.

Is "fabulous wife" one of those weirdly named chicken breeds?

I never asked if you had MY WIFE, but whether you had a wife of your own... You certainly don't "have" mine -  she is the best..

Here is a wee proverb for you...

A good wife who can find, it is easier to find a needle in a haystack.. but if you find one, make sure you love her truly and make her very happy...

If you want some chicken breed names - here is a link :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chicken_breeds

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never asked if you had MY WIFE, but whether you had a wife of your own... You certainly don't "have" mine -  she is the best..

Here is a wee proverb for you...

A good wife who can find, it is easier to find a needle in a haystack.. but if you find one, make sure you love her truly and make her very happy...

If you want some chicken breed names - here is a link :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chicken_breeds

That proverb has scrambled my brain.

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

For education purposes here is a cock and a hen - pretty different looking. I too keep hens but no longer keep cockerels as they are too much trouble.

There are a number of advantages too... They protect the hens, keep them in check and help the eggs to turn into new stock...

It is worth avoiding getting between the hens and the cockerels though....

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

There are a number of advantages too... They protect the hens, keep them in check and help the eggs to turn into new stock...

It is worth avoiding getting between the hens and the cockerels though....

Its the new stock that is the problem. I had one cockerel which quickly fathered several more who all wanted to fight non-stop and gang rape the hens on a daily basis. One cockerel per flock is maybe ok for some but I drove to almost Manchester to re-home the cockerels I had.  Me and the hens are a lot happier with no cockerels although the ones I did have were beautiful birds.

20 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What like Hippo is the new Lewis Morgan..?

Ha - grasping at straws even more desperately - who said he is in any way, shape or form like Morgan.. He might play the same position at times, but it is hard to be identical.

He is a stand in option (suspension or injury or when the manager thinks it would be good to bring on fresh legs for Morgan or Smith or possibly others) - and when Morgan leaves, he may well get his slot in the 1st team.. you cannot be that stupid and think I said or meant anything other than this?

Oh yes he can

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Its the new stock that is the problem. I had one cockerel which quickly fathered several more who all wanted to fight non-stop and gang rape the hens on a daily basis. One cockerel per flock is maybe ok for some but I drove to almost Manchester to re-home the cockerels I had.  Me and the hens are a lot happier with no cockerels although the ones I did have were beautiful birds.

Yeah, humbly suggest that you were doing things a bit wrong.. the new cockerels need to be removed, sold, given away or turned into soup or curry. (Unless you are keeping 1 for breeding purposes) Otherwise you have the cock fights and hens constantly being hassled as you experienced... Our 2 cockerels have their own patch and separate broods. They would even try to fight through the wire fencing.

Without the boys, you will need to purchase replacement stock from other breeders... but it is egseptional fun collecting fresh tasty eggs every day.. and the poop is great for the veggie patch.

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah, humbly suggest that you were doing things a bit wrong.. the new cockerels need to be removed, sold, given away or turned into soup or curry. (Unless you are keeping 1 for breeding purposes) Otherwise you have the cock fights and hens constantly being hassled as you experienced... Our 2 cockerels have their own patch and separate broods. They would even try to fight through the wire fencing.

Without the boys, you will need to purchase replacement stock from other breeders... but it is egseptional fun collecting fresh tasty eggs every day.. and the poop is great for the veggie patch.

I am aware of that hence I gave them away. It took a while as I could not find anyone to take them. I am a vegetarian so would not kill them or allow them to be killed hence the long drive to Manchester to re-home them.

And I was happy to restock via rescuing birds from a 'free range barn' where the birds were kept under poor conditions.

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

It didn't seem to bother the relevant Scottish football authorities when old firm players like Nakamura and John McDonald used diving to earn a living. 

Cost us a point towards the end of the game and Lennon went on to claim they were world beaters.    :angry: