Foodbank Collection

Drew

On 20/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Correct by getting things made in China. Unlike Germany who kept there industrial building the UK economy is today 80% services.  

You are quite correct but that is the fault of everyone of us who refuses to pay for UK made things and it is a problem hundreds of years in the making. We will never ever recover our manufacturing base. The question is what we are individually going to do about that. Those who are not prepared to adapt are going to struggle and be left behind. It has always been that way.

I reckon that most of the jobs in 20 years time have probably not been thought of yet in the same way that millions of jobs today weren't thought of 20 years ago. In my opinion, the days of having just one job are coming to an end. We need to be preparing our young people for this and teaching them how to be self-sufficient and adaptable. Too many of us are sitting around wasting our lives waiting on other people to provide us with employment and whining about it online. If you are in that position and in your forties or older then you need to have a  word with yourself. Two actually. Self and respect.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:55 PM, Soctty said:

Your words say one thing, your attitude conveys a totally different attitude. Everything will be fine, and if some people suffer or die, then that's fine as well because people suffered and died in the past you know.

Thankfully I can't hear you as I'm reading your words on a phone, but I can read between the lines and see that you're not the sort of person I'd ever like to rely on for anything.

What an idiotic post. That bit in bold is just ridiculous.  :blink:

Who the hell is talking about people dying being fine? Between the lines or otherwise? 

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:
6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
What an idiotic post. That bit in bold is just ridiculous.  :blink:
Who the hell is talking about people dying being fine? Between the lines or otherwise? 

Your reply is late and lame...

I wasn't aware there was a time limit on replying to posts.

There is nothing lame in my response to you. I was not engaging in banter. My reply was factually correct. Your post was idiotic. You don't "read between the lines" of someone's post and conclude they are " fine with people dying" when they have said nothing remotely close to that. That was an idiotic thing to say.

Edited by oaksoft

I wasn't aware there was a time limit on replying to posts.
My reply was factually correct. Your post was idiotic. You don't "read between the lines" of someone's post and conclude they are " fine with people dying" when they have said nothing remotely close to that. That was an idiotic thing to say.
Let me put it this way - bore off. [emoji106]

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Gleniffer1877 said:

Suppose after scummies and some parents spend their benefits and wages on Fags, Alcohol, Cocaine & Dope , Foodbanks are great for feeding themselves and their children.

That happens I'm sure. Doesn't mean that the children need to go hungry. Plenty of deserving cases who don't fit your stereotype. Well done those who organise this collection. 

1 minute ago, Gleniffer1877 said:

Why dont  you organize a Brai for the Stirling starving  ?

Now..There are lots of fine organisations in Stirling doing things to support those amongst us who are less fortunate, Foodbanks being just one approach. Lunches too. A Brai would go down well too

Back in Paisley its great to see the Town's Football Club playing a prominent role, supported by a large number of fans. Nobody forces anybody to give. If you don't want too then that's your prerogative. 

1 minute ago, Gleniffer1877 said:

Still the same dregs of society.

Give them a garden party.

Oh dear again you are behind the times  it's been done. Big music event. TV coverage. Catch up. Join the 21 St Century and show some compassion for other people like those who will be giving generously today towards the Food Bank Collection before our game. Thank you for posting and keeping this thread visible. 

10 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I work hard and pay my tax, I feel that's enough for my contribution to help the needy.

When I was out of work I didn't use a foodbank, I tried harder to get work, any work.

Everyone has a different approach, I was brought up to fend for myself. 

And I was brought up to do the same and have done so but I was also brought up to care about those who are, for one reason or none, less fortunate. 

1 minute ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'm not getting into a long drawn out debate with you sir, I see that's your thing.

If I wanted to donate I would do privately, I detest bragging about helping the less fortunate.

Smacks of I'm better than you.

Night night. 

Bragging. Not me sir. Pointing out that the organisers are doing a great job in setting this up to happen at St Mirren is what I am doing. Nowhere have I mentioned what I do or don't do for charity. But, since you are insistent on the point. Yes. I have bought food to take to the collection at the game today and know that many others will be doing the same or more today. 

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
On 9/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, St.Ricky said:
What I do for charity, if at all, is private. The Foodbanks Collection today isn't. It is being well publicised. Simply, give if you can

Didn't you post that you had set up a charity?

Aye, but he made it up to cover up his huff when he was binned.

Get this shifted pish. 

20 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
On 9/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, St.Ricky said:
What I do for charity, if at all, is private. The Foodbanks Collection today isn't. It is being well publicised. Simply, give if you can

Didn't you post that you had set up a charity?

As a family, we have been fortunate in life but don't forget that others may not have been so lucky and do what we can to support others. Is there something disagreeable in that?