QOS v St Mirren 23rd Dec 2017

faraway saint

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Difficult game IMO.

The last 2 games have give us 6 points, the way this league is going small runs like this can see you creep away from the pack.

Need to look at the stats before any predictions.................:rolleyes:

You have stated the latest Stats 

I'll go with them.

Three in a row on the way

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH 0  ST MIRREN  2

CROWD  2287

Bit of a random question, but does anyone know of any secure parking in Dumfries - like a multistory or indoor car park with CCTV?

I'm going to be driving up from London for the festive period and will be using QOTS as a convenient pit stop! Only issue is that- if it's anything like last year - I'll have a motor full of the family's bags and presents visible from outside the car when parked up. Obviously not keen on having the car broken in to, so just wondering if anyone knows anywhere decent to park? I've parked at the Ice Bowl before, but that was pretty exposed from memory.

I appreciate nowhere is 100% safe, but any tips would be gladly received.

QOS at home............W3, D3, L2.................They don't score many goals, F10, A8 so it's unlikely they'll score more than 1 IMO.

We're, easily, capable of scoring at least once so, all in all I'm going for 1-1 although IF we get the win we will be 11 points in front of them. 

Like Dunfermline, we could forget about them for a wee while. 

Dobbie is easily the best player in this league, keep him quiet and there’s no reason why we can’t pick up three points. Watched their highlights vs Dunfermline and everything does tend to go through him which means he’s usually not in a goal scoring position, could work to our advantage.

Repetition is boring but another big ask for the team with two more to follow in quick succession.  Can we do the business and dump our Dumfries friends?  Of course but not easily and I wouldn't risk money on it or the two following games. A period that will surely test the leadership credentials and aspirations of Saints,  United and QOS.

45 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Dobbie is easily the best player in this league, keep him quiet and there’s no reason why we can’t pick up three points. Watched their highlights vs Dunfermline and everything does tend to go through him which means he’s usually not in a goal scoring position, could work to our advantage.

Dobbie is better than Morgan?  I’ll have a glass of what you’re drinking.  

Guest TPAFKATS
Bit of a random question, but does anyone know of any secure parking in Dumfries - like a multistory or indoor car park with CCTV?

I'm going to be driving up from London for the festive period and will be using QOTS as a convenient pit stop! Only issue is that- if it's anything like last year - I'll have a motor full of the family's bags and presents visible from outside the car when parked up. Obviously not keen on having the car broken in to, so just wondering if anyone knows anywhere decent to park? I've parked at the Ice Bowl before, but that was pretty exposed from memory.

Could you give a wee description of the vehicle or even the registration. Just so we can all keep a look out for it [emoji6]

If the wife is with you just leave her in the car while you enjoy the game [emoji460]

52 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Tesco’s closer to the ground. 

Dont park in Tesco . Too near Sandside & Lochside  . Crime central 

6 hours ago, ianw said:

There is an NCP car park at the Loreburne centre (East side of town centre )with CCTV & good lighting.  10 min walk to ground .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Dobbie is better than Morgan?  I’ll have a glass of what you’re drinking.  

18 goals and 9 assists in all competitions compared to Lewis’s 10 goals and 8 assists.

Stats don’t lie mate. I love Lewis but take the black and white specs off. Dobbie single handedly has QoS punching above their weight.

Oh.. and I’m just drinking water today. Rough night last night [emoji6]

14 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

18 goals and 9 assists in all competitions compared to Lewis’s 10 goals and 8 assists.

Stats don’t lie mate. I love Lewis but take the black and white specs off. Dobbie single handedly has QoS punching above their weight.

Oh.. and I’m just drinking water today. Rough night last night emoji6.png

Dobbie is a striker, Morgan is a midfield player so you cant compare them otherwise you would be saying Reilly is a better player than Morgan as well :lol:

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Oh.. and I’m just drinking water today. Rough night last night emoji6.png

42 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Dobbie is a striker, Morgan is a midfield player so you cant compare them otherwise you would be saying Reilly is a better player than Morgan as well :lol:

Stats might not lie but they can be made to say anything you want and therefore cannot usually be trusted.

As I stated in my original post Dobbie plays virtually everywhere, everything goes through him usually amounting to him not being in a goalscoring position which makes his record even more impressive. Chris Kane or Lyle are usually the guys that lead the line for QoS.

He literally makes them tick, I don’t think Morgan quite holds that status yet for us.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dont park in Tesco . Too near Sandside & Lochside  . Crime central 

There is an NCP car park at the Loreburne centre (East side of town centre )with CCTV & good lighting.  10 min walk to ground .

Given that Paisley boasts Ferguslie Park amongst others, I am not sure any of us should be talking about the crime rates of other towns.:lol:

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

As I stated in my original post Dobbie plays virtually everywhere, everything goes through him usually amounting to him not being in a goalscoring position which makes his record even more impressive. Chris Kane or Lyle are usually the guys that lead the line for QoS.

He literally makes them tick, I don’t think Morgan quite holds that status yet for us.

You must watch QOTS often then to have that opinion.

This for me will show where we stand with the current players meaning our hunger it's a tough venue QOS are going great guns. Went onto a QOS V Dundee United thread a Queens fan wrote he was thrilled watching United slick play thought wow their new manager has the squad playing the way he wants. Anyway United is a long way off. QOS away will not be easy.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This for me will show where we stand with the current players meaning our hunger it's a tough venue QOS are going great guns. Went onto a QOS V Dundee United thread a Queens fan wrote he was thrilled watching United slick play thought wow their new manager has the squad playing the way he wants. Anyway United is a long way off. QOS away will not be easy.

Home table

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 St Mirren 9 7 1 1 21 9 +12 22
2 Dundee Utd 8 6 1 1 13 7 +6 19
3 Dunfermline 8 4 2 2 20 14 +6 14
4 Livingston 7 3 3 1 11 9 +2 12
5 Queen of South 7 3 2 2 10 8 +2 11
6 Inverness 8 3 2 3 8 7 +1 11
7 Morton 8 3 1 4 13 11 +2 10
8 Dumbarton 7 2 2 3 6 12 -6 8
9 Falkirk 8 0 5 3 3 11 -8 5
10 Brechin City 9 0 3 6 5 16 -11 3

Away table

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Queen of South 9 4 3 2 18 13 +5 15
2 Dundee Utd 8 4 2 2 9 7 +2 14
3 Livingston 7 4 1 2 13 9 +4 13
4 Morton 8 3 4 1 11 7 +4 13
5 St Mirren 8 4 1 3 11 11 0 13
6 Dumbarton 9 2 4 3 8 9 -1 10
7 Dunfermline 9 2 3 4 12 9 +3 9
8 Inverness 8 2 3 3 10 11 -1 9
9 Falkirk 6 1 1 4 6 14 -8 4
10 Brechin City 7 0 0 7 6 20 -14 0

Queen's away form is better than their home form which is often an indication of a team that likes to counter attack - agree that it won't be an easy game though.