QOS v St Mirren 23rd Dec 2017

faraway saint

18 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Lol. Tesco’s busier and much safer. I wouldn’t leave my car parked there overnight but it will be fine during game time.

Lol ?? What’s that about ? That’s your opinion. Would I leave my car parked for a few hours and packed with Xmas pressies into the hours of darkness at Cuckoo bridge ? Wouldn’t be my first choice. 

Also , he did ask for recommendations for an indoor multi with CCTV . Don’t recall there being that at Tesco. I’m here now though , I’ll have a look around and see whether they have built one in the last few weeks. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, faraway saint said:

QOS at home............W3, D3, L2.................They don't score many goals, F10, A8 so it's unlikely they'll score more than 1 IMO.

We're, easily, capable of scoring at least once so, all in all I'm going for 1-1 although IF we get the win we will be 11 points in front of them

Like Dunfermline, we could forget about them for a wee while. 

Not to be pedantic - BUT if we beat QOS we will be 12 points ahead of them (9 + 3) or if we draw we will be 9 points ahead

Not sure if anyone else has corrected this.. sorry if they have

Edited by Sweeper07
error

LOTS of fans "Trust in Jack" - I am hoping he gives the team the big push for this game and gives us a great pressie for Christmas....(staying top, and possibly extending the lead)

It could be anything from a      0  v  0    to a     7    v    6

But I think it will open up and we will win    3      v       1  (Either I have been over optimistic in recent weeks - or the team has let me down a wee bit - but not with the points taken, just the goal difference)

1 goal from the defence and 2 from the midfield... (Smith and Reilly saving theirs for Utd and the soap dodgers.)

3 points please - let's keep the pressure up on the others and hope that they leak and crack a bit...

30 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not to be pedantic - BUT if we beat QOS we will be 12 points ahead of them (9 + 3) or if we draw we will be 9 points ahead

Not sure if anyone else has corrected this.. sorry if they have

This link/site made the error, not me. :P

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/scottish-championship/2017-18/

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Other than the parking there is intended for patients and visitors?

Its a Dumfries Joke Bud.  There was uproar this week as the new Hospital opened and not enough spaces provided.(yet ) The natives were very restless !! 

What i dont understand is , the Old Hospital had 1000 spaces, why couldnt they simply move those to the new place ? :whistle

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, ianw said:

Bit of a random question, but does anyone know of any secure parking in Dumfries - like a multistory or indoor car park with CCTV?

I'm going to be driving up from London for the festive period and will be using QOTS as a convenient pit stop! Only issue is that- if it's anything like last year - I'll have a motor full of the family's bags and presents visible from outside the car when parked up. Obviously not keen on having the car broken in to, so just wondering if anyone knows anywhere decent to park? I've parked at the Ice Bowl before, but that was pretty exposed from memory.

I appreciate nowhere is 100% safe, but any tips would be gladly received.

Why don't you get a hold of that Homeless boy who guarded that Chippie owners vehicle for 2 hours in the p!shin rain  in Glasgow last week?  She had left her window open he noticed her bag in the front seat.  It had £450.00 in the bag but the guy never robbed it he handed into a nearby lawyers office.................fair play to him.

Why don't you get a hold of that Homeless boy who guarded that Chippie owners vehicle for 2 hours in the p!shin rain  in Glasgow last week?  She had left her window open he noticed her bag in the front seat.  It had £450.00 in the bag but the guy never robbed it he handed into a nearby lawyers office.................fair play to him.

An excellent idea, if someone else would kindly drive him down from Glasgow for me!

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How reliable is that site?  It says we played them 4 times, in two different competitions, on the same day in 1948 with an aggregate score of 12-11 for QoS.

image.png.c09c85e2d99de8a3b35b0254ab25df43.png

Its true mate, my grandpa was there, it had been due to snow and previous matches being abandoned and due the back log Saints played QOS 4 times in a day...

First match was played at 7am , then we popped down to Queens for a 12pm KO , got thrashed, obviously had a great pep talk on the way back up and the 5pm KO we got our revenge............... the 4th instalment both teams were apparently sleeping on the pitch, game ended at 11.59 pm 

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Was it a similar situation in 1954?

image.png.f43b152fbc64b82d87f35f4d07c46e6a.png

In fact, according to that site, prior to 2002, we only ever played QoS in January - weird. :)

Well me grandpa died in 1977 so its a bit tricky to ask him

But yeah I reckon that's also true, a long standing tradition that we only play QOS in Jan............... being a Daily Star reader has taught me two things

If its printed its true

And tits are better in the inside pages rather than the headliners in the other papers

Image result for damian green is a tit

Going down to Dumfries for this game. I agree with melmac that Dobbie needs to be kept quiet, but they're by no means a one-man team. Watched the highlights of their game v Dunfermline and they looked very sharp. Let's hope that was a one-off and that they return to the fairly average performances they were giving before that. Our defence will need to be right on their game and forwards will need to take any chances they get.

2-1 to the Buddies. COYS!!