Lottery Millionaire Wiping Arses on Christmas Day

Hoof Hearted

this moron won a million quid on the lottery but is still going to work on christmas day wiping arses.

Is she too stupid to be allowed this money?

How many people would go back to work after winning the lottery?

How many people would still wipe arses after winning a million?

Should people as thick as this be allowed so much money?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-42410326

Lottery millionaire to work at Slough care home on Christmas Day

A care home worker who won £1 million on the lottery says she will still do her 12-hour Christmas Day shift.

Patricia Aldridge, 55, a care assistant from Wexham, near Slough, won the money after the Lotto draw on 9 December.

She was announced as a new millionaire on Tuesday, along with her husband Robert, 57, who described the winnings as "life-changing".

Mrs Aldridge said: "You hear people say 'if I won a lot of money I'd give up work', but I love what I do."

She discovered her new riches after checking an app on her phone.

"I rang Robert, and I said 'how many zeros are there in a million? I think I've won a million pounds,' said Mrs Aldridge.

'Same people'

She will continue to work at the elderly people's care home in Slough despite her millionaire raffle win, where she will do her 08:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT shift on 25 December.

Mr Aldridge, a site manager at a school, will also not be giving up work.

He said: "We'll still be the same people. I'm not giving up work, I'll still go out with my friends, I'll still do my crib night.

"It just makes us more secure knowing that we can help the children buy a house and that sort of thing."

Edited by Hoof Hearted

It sounds like they are planning to be one of very few lottery winners who manage to remain rich for life rather than quit their jobs and spunk the cash within months. Good for them.

I would not retire either but then I actually chose a job I like.

Edited by oaksoft

I would retire in a heartbeat.

Invest enough to bring in a decent income, relax and enjoy the rest of my life with the people that matter.

Working's ok, brings in enough money to enjoy life, if I had the money then I wouldn't work.

Spend half the year somewhere sunny, wake up every day and smile at the sunshine.

Aye, that's the life for me.

this moron won a million quid on the lottery but is still going to work on christmas day wiping arses.

A care home worker who won £1 million on the lottery says she will still do her 12-hour Christmas Day shift.

Patricia Aldridge, 55, a care assistant from Wexham, near Slough, won the money after the Lotto draw on 9 December.

She was announced as a new millionaire on Tuesday, along with her husband Robert, 57, who described the winnings as "life-changing".

Mrs Aldridge said: "You hear people say 'if I won a lot of money I'd give up work', but I love what I do."

"I rang Robert, and I said 'how many zeros are there in a million? I think I've won a million pounds,' said Mrs Aldridge.

'Same people'

She will continue to work at the elderly people's care home in Slough despite her millionaire raffle win, where she will do her 08:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT shift on 25 December.

He said: "We'll still be the same people. I'm not giving up work, I'll still go out with my friends, I'll still do my crib night.

"It just makes us more secure knowing that we can help the children buy a house and that sort of thing."

Maybe she's not a lazy shite, content with sitting on her arse after her win. Maybe you should offer your services as an advisor on what she should do?

'Same people'

A wee bit of respect for care workers would not go amiss either sir!

There is a helluva lot more to care work than "wiping arses", to use your rather derogatory term!

The woman seems to enjoy supporting other people. Good on her. If she enjoys it, then it won't seem like work.

Calling her thick for choosing to put the care of others before money says more about you than her imo!

i have a lot of respect for the lady involved. T my mind, whether or not she finds it possible to keep going will depend to some extent on the people she works alongside.

I think all, or at least, most of us would like to have the choice.

PS

I am retired but keep busy helping  some others to found and to grow not for profit organisations.

No money in it for me - but - it keeps me active.

Much like the lady perhaps?

Perhaps not.

Retirement means different things to different people is, I guess, what I am struggling to say.