Falkirk Axe Their Football Academy

shull

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

What evidence do you have that it was a result of them ditching their academy?  Would they have got to the same stage if they had kept their academy?  would they actually have got promoted if they had kept their academy?

Does it, though?

Ignoring the point again.  If we didn't have an academy then, according to your logic, we would have a better Development squad.  In that case, would Morgan and/or McLean have been good enough, at that point in their career, to replace any of those "better" players that we would have had?  As I've already said, seeing as your situation is hypothetical, then you cannot give a definitive answer to that, only supposition and conjecture.

If they weren't good enough to replace the "better players" we would have in your scenario then we would have "missed out" on them and they may have gone on to another academy and we could have ended up playing against them.  If they were good enough, and got in, then obviously our Development squad wouldn't have been much better than it actually was in this real timeline.  If they were good enough and they didn't get in then obviously there wouldn't have been a space for them due to us already spunking the academy money on a bigger and better Development squad.

Out of curiosity, did you actually consider those options of hypothetical outcomes or did you just go with the "more money, better players" scenario from the off?

You do know its you that introduced the past tense with "what if....? morgan, Mclean etc" you brought the hypothetical into it, and now its backfired you are trying long-winded fillibusters ( i have never seen so much supposition and conjecture as above) to deflect from it. Have a Quality Street and relax...

my point is simply this... Falkirk are taking Brentford's lead and ditching their academy to concentrate on scouting players dropped by others. And if you look at the Actual results we have got when we have done the same (again thanks for making the case) Morgan, McLean etc.. then you can see why it can be a more cost effective, value adding strategy than running, and paying tens of thousands into  a youth football club.

I was pissed off that Project Brave came about, who they appointed to run it, and the fact we didnt meet their requirement, so losing out on funding. Considering the option Falkirk have chosen, and looking at how well its worked out for us when we have adopted that approach I now struggle to think why any club our size should waste so much money on an academy that delivers next to nothing.

can you give a cost effective reason to carry on funding it so heavily now its lost SFA funding?

To clarify doubt... actual,p quote by Lewis Morgan leaving Sevco...

"I was told at Under 17’s level that I’d be getting a full-time contract at Rangers, but after the Christmas break, some of the younger boys got playing ahead of me." Lewis then continued, "At the end of the season I went in for a meeting with Jim Sinclair, (Head of Youth) ready to sign a two-year deal, but he talked me out of signing."
dont know what he means by being "talked out of signing"..?

Guest TPAFKATS
Never said I did. 
You tell me about Youth Football please. 
I am willing to be educated. 
And try not be cheeky or rude. 
I am all ears. 
I was just insinuating Scouts could pick up decent players from elsewhere, therefore we have no need for an expensive Academy. 
On ye go.. 
I'll just start with a couple of points.
1- you propose we close our youth academy then give trials to players from local youth teams. How's that going to work?
2- it's already a struggle to sign and keep young players due to the trawling of the old firm and other (e.g.Hamilton) youth academies. This may well get worse due to project brave. If we don't have a youth academy, how will we attract players.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You do know its you that introduced the past tense with "what if....? morgan, Mclean etc" you brought the hypothetical into it, and now its backfired you are trying long-winded fillibusters ( i have never seen so much supposition and conjecture as above) to deflect from it. Have a Quality Street and relax...

my point is simply this... Falkirk are taking Brentford's lead and ditching their academy to concentrate on scouting players dropped by others. And if you look at the Actual results we have got when we have done the same (again thanks for making the case) Morgan, McLean etc.. then you can see why it can be a more cost effective, value adding strategy than running, and paying tens of thousands into  a youth football club.

I was pissed off that Project Brave came about, who they appointed to run it, and the fact we didnt meet their requirement, so losing out on funding. Considering the option Falkirk have chosen, and looking at how well its worked out for us when we have adopted that approach I now struggle to think why any club our size should waste so much money on an academy that delivers next to nothing.

can you give a cost effective reason to carry on funding it so heavily now its lost SFA funding?

Falkirk are not taking Brentford lead, Falkirk are dropping their academy for 1 reason only is that they are skint and have been losing large amounts of money for the last few years.

Guest TPAFKATS
Players can be picked up  from Youth, Amateur and Junior Clubs from anywhere in the Country. 
Scouts and Clubs have been doing this for decades. 
Simple. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry, who introduced the past tense? If you're going to try and deflect from your numbnuttedness then at least try and get your facts straight.

Going back to a previous point, on the Morgan thread someone has said that he came to us at 15 which probably would have meant that he wasn't immediately ready for the reserves/u20/whatever.

He`s not good at remembering things he said earlier., check the Morgan thread !!:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry, who introduced the past tense? If you're going to try and deflect from your numbnuttedness then at least try and get your facts straight.

Going back to a previous point, on the Morgan thread someone has said that he came to us at 15 which probably would have meant that he wasn't immediately ready for the reserves/u20/whatever.

Ah... 'someone said..' shame they were wrong though. lol

you dont like admitting you've dropped the ball, even blaming 'Someone.... Anyone' else lol.

As I correctly stated earlier Morgan left the blue bigots of his own volition, after being advised by his youth team coach, at 17 years old. He was picked up by us after playing in one of those trial games where the sides were composed of players of the same youth age group who had left their clubs or had been released by their clubs.

He then went into our youth system.

The rest is history, or you could invent your own version of events.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, thomsons dropped it said:

They always seem to slap huge fees on youngsters at Falkirk but the well seems to have dried up with any transfers for them.

I would think there will be a few Clubs about to test Falkirk with some cash inJanuary but less than they might expect “normally”.

Hartley will need dosh to get players in to avoid the drop...

Sorry for the delay in responding but sometimes RealLife intervenes.

What I meant to make clear was that back in January some posters here were praising Falkirk on the £750k pricetag they placed on Gallacher when we sold Kyle McAllister to Derby for less ignoring that Falkirk were posturing and that the players circumstances were different.