Ross Stewart

SBS

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye ok... Ross knows he's not up to it, thats why he has bit the bullet and loaned him out.

with him gone, and looking like Duffy too, wonder who he is planning to bring in?

I don't think its a case of he's not up to it,  he has been unfortunate with the form of our front men and Sutton also challenging for a place ahead of him. He is still fairly young and it makes sense to farm him out to get him playing again and hopefully come back off a bit of form at Alloa.

• 2 weeks later...
Three goals in three games for Alloa.
Well done Ross.[emoji4]
Shite decision to send him out on loan.............................:whistle

I think it’s a great decision to send the boy out on loan. Regular first team future and goals to boost the boys confidence. Sutton will be away at the end of the season and Stewart will be given a chance next season.

With the form that Reilly is in this and with our recent acquisition of Mullen the boy would have been kicking his heels on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

I think it’s a great decision to send the boy out on loan. Regular first team future and goals to boost the boys confidence. Sutton will be away at the end of the season and Stewart will be given a chance next season.

With the form that Reilly is in this and with our recent acquisition of Mullen the boy would have been kicking his heels on the bench.

I'll let you into a secret - so do I. :wink:

On 23/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, Mr Zo said:

Great to see the Ross doing well. Helping out Goodwin but more importantly helping his development as a St Mirren player.

Good luck big guy and hope to see you back raring to go for next season.

Ross will be training full time with us the same as the lad who went to East Fife Jack has said he likes the young players out on loan to feel they are still a part of Saints. Just shows how good Jack Ross management is he is a top man. 

Important to note that while Ross Stewart is doing well and is hopefully developing from where he was in his spell at Alloa, we will hopefully be in the Premiership next season which will need another step up from where we are presently, similar to what has been achieved compared to this time last year to this year.  If RS's step up brings him to something approaching the level we are currently at, that could still leave him on the fringes and the subject of a further loan or transfer before the start of next season.

4 hours ago, DXBBud said:

Important to note that while Ross Stewart is doing well and is hopefully developing from where he was in his spell at Alloa, we will hopefully be in the Premiership next season which will need another step up from where we are presently, similar to what has been achieved compared to this time last year to this year.  If RS's step up brings him to something approaching the level we are currently at, that could still leave him on the fringes and the subject of a further loan or transfer before the start of next season.

On the flip side, if he wasn’t our player and continues his goal scoring form, would you be shouting on us to take a chance? All the attributes are there after all...