Give Reilly a new deal.

Ethan

Love to be proved wrong but I reckon we'll struggle to hold onto him for next season, in fact I'll bet there'll be a few bids for him this window - hopefully none in the "too good to turn down" category. Hopefully, again, the obvious squad camaraderie will work in our favour! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hopefully our league position and him enjoying playing under Jack Ross and Fowler will make it an easy decision for him to stay.
If there is money coming in from Morgan then he would definitely be one of the first I would imagine to be offered new terms.
Our points tally so far would suggest mathematically we would finish at the very least a top half finish, so it would be great to get any dealings done as soon as possible.

Hopefully our league position and him enjoying playing under Jack Ross and Fowler will make it an easy decision for him to stay.
If there is money coming in from Morgan then he would definitely be one of the first I would imagine to be offered new terms.
Our points tally so far would suggest mathematically we would finish at the very least a top half finish, so it would be great to get any dealings done as soon as possible.
Agreed.

I also think his barren spell at a couple of clubs might help him realise that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

He is playing regularly in a team that appreciates him, and for a management team that trusts him.

Hopefully that counts for something at this stage.

13 minutes ago, Yflab said:

None of GR’s goals have come against the other sides in the top 4. Hopefully he can come up trumps in the next two games against Utd and Morton with a hat trick in each and then is awarded a new contract on the back of a smash and grab raid at Pittodrie as we dump Aberdeen out of the cup.

QOS were third before yesterday's game. He also scored against Morton, though I don't think they were top four at the time, and scored two v Livingston, who have spent most of the season in the top 4. 

I think he'll be away, most likely on a pre-contract deal for £0. Bit of a shame for us but a player that's on track for close to 40 a season is going to be attracting attention from clubs that can simply offer way than we could. 

I would love to see a bit of loyalty from the lad since we gave his career a new lease of life. After faltering at Hearts and not having the same goal scoring touch at the pars, signing a new contract, perhaps with a gentleman’s agreement like McLean would be a nice touch. But you can't really blame him for not doing it.