The Five Games of Christmas

A run of 5 important games has started with two victories. Dunfermline at Home and Queen of the South away. Still to come are Dundee United at home, Morton away and Inverness Calley at home. Not make or break by any means but a key period in the season. 

Edited by St.Ricky

A run of 5 important games has started with two victories. Dunfermline at Home and Queen of the South away. Still to come are Dundee United at home, Morton away and Inverness Calley at home. Not make or break by any means but a key period in the season. 
Worth a wee like for the festively themed thread title. Merry Christmas !

On 12/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, St.Ricky said:

It's very much make or break, if we choke we might fail to attract the extra quality we need for  the second half of the season.

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

It's very much make or break, if we choke we might fail to attract the extra quality we need for  the second half of the season.

One thing you can not say about this team is they choke! Have they had off days? Yes. But from the Great Escape till now this team have shown great character, great bottle and are certainly able to handle pressure.  All the pressure is on Dundee United, as with their budget they should win this league. The question is can they handle it? Time will tell.

42 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

One thing you can not say about this team is they choke! Have they had off days? Yes. But from the Great Escape till now this team have shown great character, great bottle and are certainly able to handle pressure.  All the pressure is on Dundee United, as with their budget they should win this league. The question is can they handle it? Time will tell.

Good points, well made Mr Optimistic.

Still, fingers crossed.

Way to go South Side But - Can we make it 4 out of 5 by beating Morton - Jings... I hope so.
Correction Ricky ... 4 out of 4 will be the outcome tomorrow! 5 will take care of itself on Saturday [emoji5]

I'll be watching on the TV with the boy tomorrow - I'm hoping all you away day diehards get a well deserved reward with three points but a draw would not be a disater. We can afford to box clever.

Last night on the drink for me tonight as reality bites with a return to work on Wednesday. Hopefully it will be a celebratory ginger wine tomorrow at 5pm!

On Tuesday, January 02, 2018 at 1:13 AM, southsidebud said:

Correction Ricky ... 4 out of 4 will be the outcome tomorrow! 5 will take care of itself on Saturday emoji5.png

I'll be watching on the TV with the boy tomorrow - I'm hoping all you away day diehards get a well deserved reward with three points but a draw would not be a disater. We can afford to box clever.

Last night on the drink for me tonight as reality bites with a return to work on Wednesday. Hopefully it will be a celebratory ginger wine tomorrow at 5pm!

Couldn't quite make it 4 0ut of 4. One of the five left.

Edited by St.Ricky

Couldn't quite male it 4 0ut of 4. One of the five left.
Yep - 10 points out of 12 is still a good haul.

We've still had the best return of the main challengers over the festive period so we are still on track.

The wins over United and the comeback against QoS in particular have proven our title credentials.