Nathan Austin

paulsmfc

Not a rumour but have just read that he has been 'mutually consented' by Falkirk.

Don't know a great deal about him (only that Falkirk have been woeful so far this season). I wonder if Falkirk are going to try and make big changes as per the Mighty Saints under Jack Ross at the same time last year.

Is Austin or any other Falkirk player with a look for Saints?

Austin seems to be one of those players who would be playing at a good level if he could shoot. Looks like he has everything else he needs to be a dangerous striker, but shits himself when presented with a decent chance. They could have quite comfortably beaten us at the Falkirk Stadium if he wasn’t a bottle merchant.

Austin would be an excellent signing in our team and someone who always gave me the fear when we played against him. 

Unfortunately for him, he's playing in a slow, lumbering side at Falkirk with shite like Joe McKee and Mark Kerr. Playing beside guys like Reilly, Smith and Morgan would certainly lead to him improving. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hope not, a loose cannon. We already have Stelios, we don't need another one.

A reputation as a diver as well. He doesn't seem to me to be the sort of player that would interest Jack Ross.

Thats the word on the streets from Falkirk fans seemingly. 

Edited by elvis

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hope not, a loose cannon. We already have Stelios, we don't need another one.

A reputation as a diver as well. He doesn't seem to me to be the sort of player that would interest Jack Ross.

That is interting stuff but l see that elvis is against him so , that would normally make the Austin a stick on cert'. .

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hypo could do a job for us and also Austin. But it looks like Sutton wont leave so I doubt Austin is a starter.

Think Sutton going will be key. It's fairly obvious that both Hilson and Duffy will be on their way and this, along with Stewart being away on loan will leave a space in the squad for another forward. 

The difference is freeing up that Sutton wage,  though. 

Austin would be an excellent signing in our team and someone who always gave me the fear when we played against him. 
Unfortunately for him, he's playing in a slow, lumbering side at Falkirk with shite like Joe McKee and Mark Kerr. Playing beside guys like Reilly, Smith and Morgan would certainly lead to him improving. 

Agreed. I definitely think under Jack Ross’s guidance we could get the best out of him, as he has with Reilly.

Definitely a player in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Have to say I'm not impressed we are trying to move Sutton on. In terms of ability he is one of the best target men around this division and gives you different options. I reckon this is a wage thing and nothing else.

I would have to say i would keep Sutton on.

However , lets look at what JR has achieved in his time here, by and large without the help of CS. Sutts is a cracking centre forward but it is clear he is not (In JRs opinion) the future of St.Mirren FC and the stats would appear to back him up.

12 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Austin seems to be one of those players who would be playing at a good level if he could shoot. Looks like he has everything else he needs to be a dangerous striker, but shits himself when presented with a decent chance. They could have quite comfortably beaten us at the Falkirk Stadium if he wasn’t a bottle merchant.

Sutton hasn't taken his chances this season when brought on.  However, I do feel we need a target man to offer us a Plan B and if he was to leave, and with Stewart already out the door, you would feel it would be a striker in that style being brought in.  Unless Jack doesn't want a Plan B of course.

Hippo would fit in well to our system, however he is a diving shite and in my opinion we are better off without.

Jack & James certainly seem to understand a striker needs to have their confidence built up as we have seen with Loy and Reilly.  Perhaps Austin could be worth a shout until the end of the season on that basis, as long as he wouldn't be costing any more than Hilson & Duffy.

8 hours ago, Ethan said:

Have to say I'm not impressed we are trying to move Sutton on. In terms of ability he is one of the best target men around this division and gives you different options. I reckon this is a wage thing and nothing else.

I agree to an extent but he most certainly doesn't fit the style of football Jack Ross wants us to play. I presume he's one of the top earners at the club and if this is the case, his return doesn't justify what we're spending on him this season.

Surton will always be fondly remembered by St Mirren fans and rightly so but he's just not going to get a run in this side barring injuries.