St Mirren V ICT 6th Jan 2018

Guest TPAFKATS

Here's hoping. Think ICT had another red card today so hopefully that weakens their squad a bit more. Need a strong ref though unlike clancy against the soapless earlier.

Surprised we had 3 forwards and 3 defenders as subs against Morton  (No out and out midfielders).. In the second half I though it was calling out for MacPherson ( who was sub in previous games and came on with fresh legs when we were ahead )  or someone to sit in the midfield and break down their attacks more - could even have been McKenzie. And thought Sutton was introduced a bit too late...

That said, my beef is that even though the 4 in midfield are all doing a great job,  we still need extra support in there and the team/manager needs to have the facility to change it up a bit.. Don't think we will have any new midfielders for Saturday, but it is necessary for the rest of the season.. we need fresh legs in midfield especially and a challenge to those who are at the moment automatic 1st picks - and if we encounter suspensions or injury's..

Anyone know when Todd is back or what has happened to Kirkpatrick?

Inverness battle hard, we need to shut them down and create and take our chances..

St. Mirren 3 v 1 ICT

Edited by Sweeper07
Change duplication of words

On 1/3/2018 at 7:00 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Surprised we had 3 forwards and 3 defenders as subs against Morton  (No out and out midfielders).. In the second half I though it was calling out for MacPherson ( who was sub in previous games and came on with fresh legs when we were ahead )  or someone to sit in the midfield and break down their attacks more - could even have been McKenzie. And thought Sutton was introduced a bit too late...

That said, my beef is that even though the 4 in midfield are all doing a great job,  we still need extra support in there and the team/manager needs to have the facility to change it up a bit.. Don't think we will have any new midfielders for Saturday, but it is necessary for the rest of the season.. we need fresh legs in midfield especially and a challenge to those who are at the moment automatic 1st picks - and if we encounter suspensions or injury's..

Anyone know when Todd is back or what has happened to Kirkpatrick?

Inverness battle hard, we need to shut them down and create and take our chances..

St. Mirren 3 v 1 ICT

Kirkpatrick was signed in the hope he could fill the mallan role having scored 17 goals from midfield last season. It's a shame its not working out for him because he's exactly the type of player we need in there.

Just like the Morton game, some of our fans are getting carried away with themselves beforehand.

This is likely to be another  close call - just like the last two encounters, which could have gone either way.

Be prepared...

Yes we are top of the league at present but that has not been achieved with effort to spare.

30 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Just like the Morton game, some of our fans are getting carried away with themselves beforehand.

This is likely to be another  close call - just like the last two encounters, which could have gone either way.

Be prepared...

Yes we are top of the league at present but that has not been achieved with effort to spare.

Looking above I don't think there is complacency or even over confidence

Saints have taken 13 out the last 15 points, well beaten our nearest challengers, shown we can come back from a terrible start....

Going to Ton and getting a point is never a disaster and by all accounts they thrashed Caley 1-0..............

Remember after the loss to Sons, just how bad we were with 10 men, of course we can slip up, but fact is we are flying, but 100% convinced JR has the players feet firmly on the ground.............. think this title race will go to the wire.............. 

21 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Be prepared...

Inverness are defensively very good, as evidenced by their only conceding in one game in 11 through November and most of December (against us). They've had issues scoring goals, but now have Doran back and have signed Austin, which may or may not help them. I'm hoping home advantage helps us get the three points, but it will be a very difficult game, as all games in this division are. Being top at this point is a fantastic achievement - let's hope we can keep winning.

I think that many would agree that , apart from in patches, Saints have not been playing great for a few months and yet we are still sitting atop the league. Every team I have seen this season has been good and there are genuinely no easy games in this division, so being top is a fine achievement so far. Its difficult to find any faults with Jack Ross as his record is great, so I am confident any new signings will improve the team. Going tomorrow, not missed a home match all season, the most for quite a few years and finally I have to say the singing section  have made a big difference to the atmosphere in the ground. Mind you, until this season our home record has been pretty dreadful, so lets keep it up.