St Mirren V ICT 6th Jan 2018

2 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I think that many would agree that , apart from in patches, Saints have not been playing great for a few months and yet we are still sitting atop the league. Every team I have seen this season has been good and there are genuinely no easy games in this division, so being top is a fine achievement so far. Its difficult to find any faults with Jack Ross as his record is great, so I am confident any new signings will improve the team. Going tomorrow, not missed a home match all season, the most for quite a few years and finally I have to say the singing section  have made a big difference to the atmosphere in the ground. Mind you, until this season our home record has been pretty dreadful, so lets keep it up.

HNY- Froggie

Is that your new year resolution above to actually be a little positive :D

Mine is to drink more

THE MANAGER : John Robertson

“It doesn’t matter if you’re playing Brechin City, who are bottom of the table, or if you’re playing St Mirren, who are top, the points are vital. In this league, on any given day, any team can beat any other team and that’s what we’ve got to be prepared to do.”

“We’ve played really well against St Mirren in both matches, we’ve lost both but yet, we were the better side for large sways of the game. What we’ve got to do is get points, our aim is to go to Paisley, win the game and get three points.”

“If we get them then that’s great but if we don’t, we reassess for Falkirk on the following Tuesday. It’s just about amassing as many points as we possibly can, and all the other teams will be the same.”

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

“It doesn’t matter if you’re playing Brechin City, who are bottom of the table, or if you’re playing St Mirren, who are top, the points are vital. In this league, on any given day, any team can beat any other team and that’s what we’ve got to be prepared to do.”

“We’ve played really well against St Mirren in both matches, we’ve lost both but yet, we were the better side for large sways of the game. What we’ve got to do is get points, our aim is to go to Paisley, win the game and get three points.”

“If we get them then that’s great but if we don’t, we reassess for Falkirk on the following Tuesday. It’s just about amassing as many points as we possibly can, and all the other teams will be the same.”

1 for the dressing room wall tomorrow .

6 hours ago, Soctty said:

Inverness are defensively very good, as evidenced by their only conceding in one game in 11 through November and most of December (against us). They've had issues scoring goals, but now have Doran back and have signed Austin, which may or may not help them. I'm hoping home advantage helps us get the three points, but it will be a very difficult game, as all games in this division are. Being top at this point is a fantastic achievement - let's hope we can keep winning.

Eh? 

If you don't count  Morton beating them 1-0, and then beat Brechin 3-2 and drew 1-1 with LIvingstone I suppose your right. 

Why miss out 2 games in December and one in January? :lol:

They have reduced the goals against TBF but to "omit" the last 3 games is not a fair reflection and making them something they clearly are not.

They are in the lower half of the league and should be a 3 points for us at home if we're hoping to win this league.

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

:lol::lol: Sounds like he's been reading the Danny 'whitnatno' Lennon book of great motivational speeches of our time.

Here we go again. Morning train to Paisley for a few libations and another must win game. The previous two ICT games have been most enjoyable and hopefully today will be more of the same

. Feck the bank balance is taking a doing with all these games and next week the Robbin B's at Dumbarton are ripping the pish. How we get there I don't know but we're on our way and hopefully after 3 points today

A Robbo rant would be good too.

Let's give Lewis a big cheer today too.

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Large “sways” of the game?

Do you think he meant swathes?

Illiterate wee chubby bampot!

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? 

If you don't count  Morton beating them 1-0, and then beat Brechin 3-2 and drew 1-1 with LIvingstone I suppose your right. 

Why miss out 2 games in December and one in January? :lol:

They have reduced the goals against TBF but to "omit" the last 3 games is not a fair reflection and making them something they clearly are not.

They are in the lower half of the league and should be a 3 points for us at home if we're hoping to win this league.

I made the error of not including October in my post - you made the error of not reading it properly.

"Why miss out 2 games in December and one in January" - because I had said 'most' of December. :rolleyes:

To point you in the direction of my point (which seems to have evaded you) from 30th September 2017 until 22nd December 2017, Inverness didn't concede a single goal in 10 of the 11 games they played in all competitions, with our 2-0 win in Inverness being the exception.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you.

:wink:

Edited by Soctty

16 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I made the error of not including October in my post - you made the error of not reading it properly.

"Why miss out 2 games in December and one in January" - because I had said 'most' of December. :rolleyes:

To point you in the direction of my point (which seems to have evaded you) from 30th September 2017 until 22nd December 2017, Inverness didn't concede a single goal in 10 of the 11 games they played in all competitions, with our 2-0 win in Inverness being the exception.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you.

:wink:

The only thing it makes clear is you omitted there recent form, where they HAVE conceded in the last 3 games.

Trying too hard to make this a game into a game that is more difficult than it should me.

A typical defence mechanism. :byebye

Just now, faraway saint said:

The only thing it makes clear is you omitted there recent form, where they HAVE conceded in the last 3 games.

Trying too hard to make this a game into a game that is more difficult than it should me.

A typical defence mechanism. :byebye

Think I made it clear you misread my post - even without the inclusion of October. Perhaps best to just accept that rather than trying to put words in my mouth.

A typical ploy of someone trying deflect from their own misunderstanding.

:rolleyes: