Jai Quitongo

Get him signed!!

He has all the attributes you look for, pace, strength, dig, technical ability and a cheeky side to him which we saw yesterday. I know he's a morton player but I can't think of another forward in the league that poses as much threat to us as he does every time we play them. Some peopleare saying he only does it against us, well that's good enough to know that he is a top player who in the right team with the right manager will develop into one of the best in this country.

We have some money to play with if Morgan's transfer goes through and Mcginn's payment comes in. I bet Morton would bite your hand off for 50-60k. Just pay it, win the league then we'll make a tidy profit selling him to a bigger club.

Incidentally I think we should also get Dobbie in on a short term deal. We are lacking a spark from midfield to front and these 2 guys would provide that. 

Two goals in 10 league games and three overall this season. Did nothing against us yesterday except celebrate a goal in which he had no part as if he was Lionel Messi scoring in the World Cup. Is squandering the good potental that he was showing in the half season he played well in last year. So ... NAW!

Get him signed!!
He has all the attributes you look for, pace, strength, dig, technical ability and a cheeky side to him which we saw yesterday. I know he's a morton player but I can't think of another forward in the league that poses as much threat to us as he does every time we play them. Some peopleare saying he only does it against us, well that's good enough to know that he is a top player who in the right team with the right manager will develop into one of the best in this country.

We have some money to play with if Morgan's transfer goes through and Mcginn's payment comes in. I bet Morton would bite your hand off for 50-60k. Just pay it, win the league then we'll make a tidy profit selling him to a bigger club.
Incidentally I think we should also get Dobbie in on a short term deal. We are lacking a spark from midfield to front and these 2 guys would provide that. 
you must be on drugs. he's pish. couldn't score in a cheap brothel.

it's not all about scoring goals. His overall play is a constant threat, getting in behind defences, running the channels. At the minute we look stale in the midfield from McGinn onwards apart from Morgan. We can't just rely on one player all the time. Everything Mcginn and Mcshane did yesterday was side ways and when they got into trouble they would just pass it to morgan. No direct running forward. no forward passes to cut open defences. We need a new spark about us. Either move Magennis into the centre to link with the strikers or go out and sign Quitongo and Dobbie

6 minutes ago, YardleyBoom said:

His overall play is a constant threat, getting in behind defences, running the channels.

There's a player in the championship who plays like this and has 19 goals this season. If only we could sign him!

His name escapes me for some reason....................:rolleyes:

I don’t think he’s up to much. Had a decent game at the start of the season, but Jack also had a nightmare.

compare the composure when one on one with Samson yesterday to the finish by Lewis.  For all the attributes, unless he brings it together, he’ll remain at this level.

I’d almost compare him to Josh Magennis attributes wise...

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Has 18month left in his contract I would have Cammy Smith any day of the week over Tongo.  

Not according to these reports.   Free agent at end of season. 

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/15122865.Coup_for_Morton_as_Quitongo_signs_new_contract/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1582927/morton-jai-quitongo-premier-league-crystal-palace-swansea-city/

https://gmfc.net/2017/02/28/jai-quitongo-signs-contract-extension/

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

He would make a decent sprinter but he is an awful footballer. No end product. An out-and-out striker with 2 League goals this season. McShane that you are rubbishing has 5!

Not rubbishing just stating that we need to change up the midfield who are all very slow paced, sideways moving and too similar. I think we can all see we have dropped a level since Mallan left. We can do something about that by getting more direct players with pace into the team whether they are strikers playing just behind the front man or by moving Magennis int the McShane role.

I would definitely take him at st mirren park,  he may not be as prolific a goalscorer as gav but he is bigger , stronger and quicker . I reckon a front two pairing of quitongo and Reilly would strike fear into defences in this league.  It has been working well with cammy playing in behind reilly this season but would always give us another option.