Dumbarton. 13 jan

guinness

A draw won't be good enough for me. These are the games we must be winning now to keep the pressure on United. If they win their game in hand they still have us at tannadice. Win that and it's all square at the top. Let's get these 3 points and start counting down the games left.

No fecking messing about. 

Dumbarton 0 St Mirren 4

Crowd 300, which would be Home Season Ticket Holders only, meaning the rest would be boycotting due to the extortionate prices. 

Alas, with football being emotional choice, the attendance will probably be around 1287.

A sad day apart from the result. 

Can you imagine the faces of the Dumbarton robbers if the away end was empty 

Edited by shull

Early March will be the first time  (in theory) that any team in this title race can say that a draw will do in any game.  Maybe i worry about too many things, but having the title tied up early and putting on a show inthe final weeks seems vital to me in keeping good players and attracting enough new quality to allow us to settle in the Premiership (if we can get there).  I'll take any sort of title win, but the media will already have this year's championship winners down as next year premiership relegation fodder, so let's defy the odds and win this league early and in some style.

We don't just need to beat Dumbarton, we need to wipe the floor with them.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Early March will be the first time  (in theory) that any team in this title race can say that a draw will do in any game.  Maybe i worry about too many things, but having the title tied up early and putting on a show inthe final weeks seems vital to me in keeping good players and attracting enough new quality to allow us to settle in the Premiership (if we can get there).  I'll take any sort of title win, but the media will already have this year's championship winners down as next year premiership relegation fodder, so let's defy the odds and win this league early and in some style.

We don't just need to beat Dumbarton, we need to wipe the floor with them.

Add to that the fact that, unlike too many seasons of late, our arses wouldn't be making buttons during the run in. There is only so much punishment a sphincter can endure!

That said, of course, it'll probably go to the wire, and that will be exciting.

Either way, we can't complain that we haven't been entertained. Go to the the movies...?

Someone is definitely due a doing at the hands of the Mighty Mirren. I reckon Dumbarton deserve it for taking the piss with their pricing policy for the game.

4-1 Saints.

Edited by Drew

On 9 January 2018 at 10:53 AM, paul torfason said:

honestly think the players are really starting to believe we can win title now,and think we will beat Dumbarton 3-0

My take would be that the players truly believed they were title contenders right at the start of the season and its that mindset which has been integral to where we are right now.

good to see post that we have sold out allocation, as expected, and looking forward to being there on Saturday. the momentum has continued from the great escape and its been a fabulous time to be supporting the Saints and looking forward to every game..... Hope our support continues to grow through 2018! What a difference in only a year.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, shull said:

Correct. 

If it was a Scottish Cup, League Cup or Challenge Cup Tie, I would guess the Admission Price would be between £12 and £18.

I know it is a severe emotional tie for some, but we really need to leave a few away ends empty  especially Dumbarton. 

Other fans should actually boycott our North Stand due to our rip off TWENTY POUND charge. 

Aren't most of them doing that already. :rolleyes:

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, southsidebud said:

Don't get me wrong - I want the win but - yes - I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw considering our recent record there.

Given our record in the league this time last season,  should we be where we are now. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pod said:

Given our record in the league this time last season,  should we be where we are now. :rolleyes:

Fair enough - but then again we lost to them at the start of December at our place even though we were already established as title challengers.

btw - I am not a doom and gloom merchant - I want us to win and hope that we do. We are obviously more than capable. My point was that IF we drew, I’d be happy enough with it as firstly, we have slipped up there in the past (as have other challengers) and secondly, there is a decent chance that united will not make up any ground on us as they have to deal with Dunfermline.

top teams will drop points there this season and we will drop points in various games this season. If it happens to be Saturday then it’s no disaster.

Hopefully all this chat is moot and we get the three points.

Had trouble getting through to the ticket office on the phone so we drove down there to get some. Not many tickets left. Apparently the woman is mega busy with calls etc. but if you leave a message when you call, she will try and call you back. Probably wouldnt leave it on the day to get one folks, or you will be watching from the castle.

25 minutes ago, LoveStreetLover said:

Had trouble getting through to the ticket office on the phone so we drove down there to get some. Not many tickets left. Apparently the woman is mega busy with calls etc. but if you leave a message when you call, she will try and call you back. Probably wouldnt leave it on the day to get one folks, or you will be watching from the castle.

OS says tickets sold out. Only 100 on the day from Dumbarton and 30 free kid ones.

Been phoning Dumbarton every hour or so but always going to answer phone. Will leave a message and see if they get
back to me.

28 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Been phoning Dumbarton every hour or so but always going to answer phone. Will leave a message and see if they get
back to me.

Same for me mate.I kept phoning and got a human on my 10th attempt.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Can we possible beat the new attendance record at new boghead set in 2015  v Rangers  of 1978.  capacity is 2020.  lets snap them up both ends :clapping

Speaking to a boy earlier and him and his mates are ticketless.They're going anyway and will go in home end if no tickets for our end available.