Dumbarton. 13 jan

guinness

11 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Fair enough - but then again we lost to them at the start of December at our place even though we were already established as title challengers.

btw - I am not a doom and gloom merchant - I want us to win and hope that we do. We are obviously more than capable. My point was that IF we drew, I’d be happy enough with it as firstly, we have slipped up there in the past (as have other challengers) and secondly, there is a decent chance that united will not make up any ground on us as they have to deal with Dunfermline.

top teams will drop points there this season and we will drop points in various games this season. If it happens to be Saturday then it’s no disaster.

Hopefully all this chat is moot and we get the three points.

Only table that counts is the one on the last day of the season.  United will go to Dumbarton and win, we need to win too.  Enough of this bogey team pish, no such thing.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Lets not do them any favours - and it is rumoured that their squad is hanging together by a thread fitness wise  .........

Yes, they're struggling: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-aim-tempt-former-striker-11827609 

McLaughlin, Wardrop, Froxylias, Stewart and Morrison who all played in their 1-0 win in Paisley are out (Morrison's gone back to his parent club, the rest injured) and at least a couple of others who'll be involved today are carrying knocks. 

They couldn't fill their subs' bench last Saturday and have brought striker Iain Russell out of retirement (they've only scored 1 goal in the last 5). His last professional game was for Airdrie back in May; he's been working for a hair transplant clinic since then. 

Edited by Julian Banjos

12 hours ago, Drew said:

Im treating this game as a 'sit anywhere you want' affair.

This, of course, has nothing to do with the fact that my seat is in row A:whistle

That's how the stewards  have been told to treat it as a lot of folk with kids have tickets for different areas due to the mix up.

Yes, they're struggling: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-aim-tempt-former-striker-11827609 
McLaughlin, Wardrop, Froxylias, Stewart all out and at least a couple of others carrying knocks. 
They couldn't fill their subs' bench last Saturday and have brought striker Iain Russell out of retirement (they've only scored 1 goal in the last 5). His last professional game was for Airdrie back in May; he's been working for a hair transplant clinic since then. 

He may ‘plug’ a hole in their front line, I did hear they were a bit thin up top.......sorry, I’ll get my coat!!

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Oh ye of overflowing faith.

Please be right. 

How do you see DAFC v DU going? 

I would imagine Utd will have had  rocket up their arse afte last week and will be looking to bounce back,  however , Dung at home will fancy their chances of getting something from this game. Dung win would be great but a draw would suit us fine also. 1-1 for me.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Oh ye of overflowing faith.

Please be right. 

How do you see DAFC v DU going? 

A draw would be the best outcome I reckon. Keeps them both at bay and doesn't boost The Pars' confidence. (though hammering DU didn't do much for Falkirk).

Add to that a win for us of course.

31 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Ticket office closed. Any ideas of how do get a couple tickets or is it worth a drive over about an hr or so before KO?

The stadium holds 2025. Highest  attendance was 2020 v The new Rangers. If you are in or around Paisley then it might we worth giving it a go as it isn't more than 20 minutes or so away.

31 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Ticket office closed. Any ideas of how do get a couple tickets or is it worth a drive over about an hr or so before KO?

I do know they were still selling tickets yesterday. Apparently 100 were returned due to the free kids mix up. I would imagine the reception desk will be open and that's where I got my tickets. Have you tried  finding the number and giving them a call?