Dumbarton. 13 jan

guinness

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough, wasn't really aware of such an allocation fiasco for kids tickets, just a pricing issue.

Not really surprised. I only know because I went to Dumbarton yesterday to get tickets and the receptionist was near apoplectic by the turn of events. 

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

Careful guys, faraway might be calling by shortly to accuse you of being over dramatic:o

FWIW, I think those if you affected handles it pretty well, all things considered.

I was disappointed this fiasco didn't make the BBC news Queenie. :rolleyes:

Never mind, they'll be another drama just around the corner. :lol:

P.S. English please. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Cos Stellios stupidly got sent off in the 1st half perhaps?

As stupid as he was on that occasion, he has more than redeemed himself since then IMO, as he has screwed the nut and produced some great performances.

His link up play with Morgan and Smith today, was sublime and his cross for the goal provided Smith with an almost unmissable chance.

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

As stupid as he was on that occasion, he has more than redeemed himself since then IMO, as he has screwed the nut and produced some great performances.

His link up play with Morgan and Smith today, was sublime and his cross for the goal provided Smith with an almost unmissable.

He's been brilliant. I thought his time was up after the red card and some quite shaky performances earlier in the season but he's been nothing short of excellent.

Just now, FTOF said:

His link up play with Morgan and Smith today, was sublime and his cross for the goal provided Smith with an almost unmissable.

This says a lot about him.

I'm not his biggest fan but if he's doing the business my opinion, or anyones for that matter, doesn't matter a feck.

Long may he continue to perform at a decent level. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I too was decanted to the away end today. Was a quite disgraceful display of complete disinterest and lethargic stewarding all around. With the extra money that Dumbarton FC took from us today, you expect the stewarding to be not only professional but at least semi-competent. Today was neither of these things.

They were happy to skin us extra money to captialise on a large travelling support but maintained the same level of unorganised, unprofessional dross that presumably stewards a crowd of two men and a dug every week.

There were more SMFC Fans in the away end than there was seats.At least 10 folk standing at the top of each set of stairs.

Don't know how that can possibly happen.

We had comps so had to sit amongst the home support.  When we scored we naturally jumped out our seat to celebrate, much to some of the locals displeasure!!

Great team performance from start to finish.  McGinn MOTM for me with a brilliant captains performance.  He was getting a lot of stick from the home support for a nothing incident between him and Dowie so it was great to get it right round them when he curled in that 2nd.

An incredibly poor first half that can't be excused. We were equally as poor as Dumbarton.

We stepped up slightly in the second, however I worry about how we again turned off when we went ahead, something that hurt us against Morton, and could do so again.

Reilly was incredibly wasteful in front of goal, and i thought Mullen should have been on earlier.

Still feel a bit harsh complaining about a 2-0 victory, but I want to see us perform and entire 90 minutes, we don't want to bottle this.

1 minute ago, gc_SMFC said:

An incredibly poor first half that can't be excused. We were equally as poor as Dumbarton.

We stepped up slightly in the second, however I worry about how we again turned off when we went ahead, something that hurt us against Morton, and could do so again.

Reilly was incredibly wasteful in front of goal, and i thought Mullen should have been on earlier.

Still feel a bit harsh complaining about a 2-0 victory, but I want to see us perform and entire 90 minutes, we don't want to bottle this.

Got to be a wind up...... if not then FFS.

4 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

:lol: 

Got to be a wind up...... if not then FFS.
Not at all. I thought we really struggled to deal with the pitch first half. We failed to adapt.

We started really brightly second half, playing direct to get the ball in behind their defence and let the soggy pitch stick the ball. We went two nil up then just didn't bother. We can't keep doing that. We should have put a few past Dumbarton today, it was one of Reillys worst games for us.

I dont want to settle for mediocre when we all know that this team is better.

Just now, gc_SMFC said:

Not at all. I thought we really struggled to deal with the pitch first half. We failed to adapt.

We started really brightly second half, playing direct to get the ball in behind their defence and let the soggy pitch stick the ball. We went two nil up then just didn't bother. We can't keep doing that. We should have put a few past Dumbarton today, it was one of Reillys worst games for us.

We were so far ahead in the first half, if it was a boxing tie it would have been stopped.

We adapted fine and got our reward a couple of minutes into the second half, playing exactly the same way as we did in the first half.

Just now, gc_SMFC said:

When you say better, how much better could we be?

We're clear at the top of the league, played, according to the vast majority, pretty well, finishing apart.

We've clearly steadied up in defence, a critical part of any teams success.

Scoring goals in almost every game.

Are we Real Madrid, naw, but then again, we don't have unlimited resources. 

We were so far ahead in the first half, if it was a boxing tie it would have been stopped.
We adapted fine and got our reward a couple of minutes into the second half, playing exactly the same way as we did in the first half.

So far ahead in the first half it was 0-0?

We adapted after the break. We definitely went far more direct at the start of the second half, aiming for balls in behind the defence rather than the midfield constantly having possession.

Let's face it we played an incredibly poor Dumbarton team and didn't play all that well. We won that's all that really matters, but there's definitely room for improvement, in the first half and just slaughtering teams.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

When you say better, how much better could we be?

We're clear at the top of the league, played, according to the vast majority, pretty well, finishing apart.

We've clearly steadied up in defence, a critical part of any teams success.

Scoring goals in almost every game.

Are we Real Madrid, naw, but then again, we don't have unlimited resources. 

Thank f**k....they're rubbish just now. :lol:

I though we were comfortably superior today against a stuffy, ugly side who have caused us untold problems for the last 3 years. I'd have snapped your fingers off for a scrappy 1-0 last minute OG winner today.

That we got through this quite so comfortably and dominantly is excellent.

So far ahead in the first half it was 0-0?

We adapted after the break. We definitely went far more direct at the start of the second half, aiming for balls in behind the defence rather than the midfield constantly having possession.

Let's face it we played an incredibly poor Dumbarton team and didn't play all that well. We won that's all that really matters, but there's definitely room for improvement, in the first half and just slaughtering teams.

Shull-y no one is falling for this 

Dont know about the poor 1st half for both teams. I though us and Dumbarton knocked the ball about pretty well considering the pitch was heavy and slippy. Could argue that apart from the final product we both had a decent 1st half.

Agree about Reilly, he seemed too desperate to turn and shoot on at least 3 occasions with his back to goal. Felt a bit sorry for Mullen. I hope he can get his first goal soon and get a bit of confidence. A few fans being a bit harsh on him when he lost the ball. Just never worked today for him. It will come.

ETA- i really enjoyed the game.