Dumbarton. 13 jan

guinness

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I suppose it was a new scenario given the SPFL ticket initiative, and that, coupled with it being a sell-on, inevitably resulted in difficulties.  Add into the mix the situation whereby tickets are sold from two clubs, and I suppose it isn't entirely surprising.

As I suggested yesterday, as soon as they realised that some of the adult and child tickets weren't located together, Dumbarton should have issued a clear statement on social media, etc, that it was a non-allocated seat affair (as it should always be where possible).  At least that way, word would have spread, and people would have known what the score was and would have come along earlier.

Agree when there are more parties involves it increases any possible feck ups.

As I said our club seem to have consistent issues with selling tickets, too many issues to start being specific, but enough to suggest someone should look to improve this for the fans that are willing to fork out cash. 

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

When I spoke on the phone to someone at Dumbarton yesterday, they suggested that they issue was down to St Mirren selling some of their allocation of parent and free child tickets as lone adult tickets. This meant that when people went down looking for these tickets they were then told to contact Dumbarton.

Dumbarton issued the free child tickets but some weren't located beside the adult seat, for whatever reason (although Dumbarton seemed to think this was down to the Saints ticket office), hence the decision to make it a free for all.

It was a free-for-all at the last game there Drew when there was no free child initiative and the same chaos and arguments. What is so difficult about this? Either do not print a seat number and just stick a number on the ticket to regulate volume or clearly state that you can sit anywhere on the ticket. and avoid the hassle for everyone.

11 hours ago, Drew said:

Just watched the interview with Cammy Smith on Buddievision.

What a level-headed lad. Like so many of the players, he just seems to be loving his football just now, and that is key to keeping the momentum going. JR recently commented on the fact that we bounce back from defeats, and having guys like Cammy who are clearly focused and committed to the cause is just tremendous.

I've always raved about Smith and he impresses me more with each game. We are incredibly fortunate to have him.

After breaking into the Aberdeen team as a 16 year old and then amassing over 75 Premiership/SPL appearances before the age of 20, the boy clearly has a lot of talent. Surprising that Aberdeen were willing to let him go permanently although maybe he needed to drop down a level to get more regular football and continue his development.

He is clearly someone who should be capable of performing the Premiership, should we make the step up. His performances this season have been a model of consistency, and at a high level. A player we noticed the value of when he was out injured in the defeat to Dumbarton as we missed his movement and workrate up top.

Will be in the frame for all the player of the year awards come the season end.

I think that ticket situation does need looked at but when Dumbarton realised it was approaching a sellout they could easily have shifted their fans along a little. That would have solved the seating issue... They can’t have it both ways, trying to wring every last penny out of our fans but not accommodate us. Perhaps this would have annoyed the Dumbarton fans but that’s tough...their board that wanted to squeeze every last penny.

Well that was a stroll in park. The most comfortable win we've had all season. To be honest Dumbarton looked like a pub team and Nade has certainly been eating all the cakes as his google intro illustrates.

image.jpeg

The goals were always coming and McGinn's celebration was brilliant. He always involves the fans in his celebrations and I certainly enjoy taking part. MOM should just be given to the team. It was hard to pick out an individual player. 

A lot of fans starting to believe now.  It really does look like we're on our way.

Bring  on Aberdeen. Something tells me we're on to something good.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
fitting nade in

3 hours ago, smcc said:

According to the BBC stats we had 20 shots(6 on goal) to their 3(1 on goal)! I was listening to Open All Mics and Willie Miller was singing St Mirren's praises throughout the first half saying that they were playing very good football but were not taking advantage of their chances. He said the game was no contest.

Whilst being complimentary about our play in the first two thirds, he didn't sound too impressed by our work in the final third at that stage in the game, bemoaning poor decision making and a lack of shots and inventiveness. Not sure how much that was down to us or Dumbarton's defending but was clearly sorted out in the second half. Wonder if he'll be passing on his observations to Aberdeen? Also very pleased to see Cammy Smith and Captain Fantastic on the score sheet again - both have been excellent lately - some more from the midfield will be very welcome (cue gauntlet thrown down at Magennis' and McShane's feet ....). 

2 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think that ticket situation does need looked at but when Dumbarton realised it was approaching a sellout they could easily have shifted their fans along a little. That would have solved the seating issue... They can’t have it both ways, trying to wring every last penny out of our fans but not accommodate us. Perhaps this would have annoyed the Dumbarton fans but that’s tough...their board that wanted to squeeze every last penny.

Our club had done the same to us in the past by punting our fans out of the South Stand to allow more Rangers fans in. Dumbarton didn't do anything different than what our club has done in the past when playing Rangers or Celtic.

6 hours ago, shull said:

If all Clubs weren't ripping us all off then we wouldn't need a fecking SPFL Ticket Initiative.

Most lie back and accept it. 

Bloody hell! - I find myself agreeing with Shull! :o

Match vouchers should be sold & then exchanged on the day for "seat" tickets! - Football needs to decide if it is a buisness & welcome the customer, rather than try to make the customer think that SPFL are doing THEM a favour! 

32 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Bloody hell! - I find myself agreeing with Shull! :o

Most do on here, it's not unusual.

You're  just being honest.

The rest won't break rank from the Boring & Bland Brigade.

Do you know St Lucy has told the world that he has me on ignore and has told them at least 100 times.

I think he has a crush on me. :lol:

11 hours ago, Drew said:

When I spoke on the phone to someone at Dumbarton yesterday, they suggested that they issue was down to St Mirren selling some of their allocation of parent and free child tickets as lone adult tickets. This meant that when people went down looking for these tickets they were then told to contact Dumbarton.

Dumbarton issued the free child tickets but some weren't located beside the adult seat, for whatever reason (although Dumbarton seemed to think this was down to the Saints ticket office), hence the decision to make it a free for all.

It was the exact same situation when we were there last season though without the free child tickets. All ticket game with seat numbers on the tickets and the stewards telling people to sit anywhere.

And if we had left the Away end empty last year, then yesterday we would have received cheaper Tickets all round and treated like royalty.

But what did we do ?

Filled the fecking shithole ( twice ) to the delight of the greedy cnuts that run Dumbarton Football Club.

And that's another reason why Aberdeen & St Mirren are trying to fleece fans of £18-£20 for a Tie which is live on free Telly.

Wake up FFS.

Edited by shull

21 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

Whilst being complimentary about our play in the first two thirds, he didn't sound too impressed by our work in the final third at that stage in the game, bemoaning poor decision making and a lack of shots and inventiveness. Not sure how much that was down to us or Dumbarton's defending but was clearly sorted out in the second half. Wonder if he'll be passing on his observations to Aberdeen? Also very pleased to see Cammy Smith and Captain Fantastic on the score sheet again - both have been excellent lately - some more from the midfield will be very welcome (cue gauntlet thrown down at Magennis' and McShane's feet ....). 

I think that he was totally unimpressed by our play in the final third, just as  I have been at many matches I have attended. Too much pussy-footing and reluctance to shoot. Despite this Saints had many more shots and shots on goal than gc_SMFC suggested.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Thought second goal showed the intent . Lets bury this game mentality.....

Apparently the United Goalie saved a point  for them................ I don't think their new signing are enhancing the team, Fyvie is a massive loss to them............ ( :D)

Just like Davis and Magennis was to us  (and MacKenzie, Irvine, Todd and Eckersley). They cannot use injuries as an excuse. We didn't.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
6 minutes ago, Sonny said:
Just like Davis and Magennis was to us  (and MacKenzie, Irvine, Todd and Eckersley). They cannot use injuries as an excuse. We didn't.

Absolutely right. All teams suffer injuries and suspension that's JR wants to ad quality to the squad for the suspension happen (if they do)

Aye. We just got on with it and they are greetin all over the place about it. They should have signed a decent pool of players as cover like we did.