Dumbarton. 13 jan

guinness

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Teams like Livvy and Dumbarton are ugly teams. To stay in the league they try to stop good football. But you can't blame them for that. Be a tough game but winnable. Not one of my fav stadiums but at least it's a short journey. 2.1 Saints.

At least we wont get eaten by the midges this time of year . .<_<

Dumbarton's recent run is           lose       draw      lose      draw    lose   - the teams around them are all picking up more points and they are heading for 2nd bottom play off place...

Lets not do them any favours - and it is rumoured that their squad is hanging together by a thread fitness wise  .........

Anything but 3 points is a give away...   BUT we have the mentality and talent... time to push our lead up and let Utd know that they are heading for the other play offs and fighting Dunfermline for 2nd place

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Dumbarton's recent run is           lose       draw      lose      draw    lose   - the teams around them are all picking up more points and they are heading for 2nd bottom play off place...

Lets not do them any favours - and it is rumoured that their squad is hanging together by a thread fitness wise  .........

Anything but 3 points is a give away...   BUT we have the mentality and talent... time to push our lead up and let Utd know that they are heading for the other play offs and fighting Dunfermline for 2nd place

Aye, tough game, well organised but they can hardly beat any other team. 

Hope JR has more belief in the team than some supporters. 

Stags head for a small libation before the game and a wee moan about ticket prices with the locals before heading off for an exciting game where we absolutely pump them and declare the ticket was worth ever penny.

If only the Stags Head sold Carlsberg.

Actually who needs Carlsberg when you've got Jack Ross. 

St Mirren probably the best team in the Championship.

COYS

Sent Dumbarton a email on pricing for Saints games and to my surprise I got an answer. They said as Saints bring such a large support they have to employ extra stewards and police ticket price is to cover the cost of that. It's utter bullshit imo as were bringing such as large support there making extra money anyway . It's just poor greed.

13 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Sent Dumbarton a email on pricing for Saints games and to my surprise I got an answer. They said as Saints bring such a large support they have to employ extra stewards and police ticket price is to cover the cost of that. It's utter bullshit imo as were bringing such as large support there making extra money anyway . It's just poor greed.

Correct. 

If it was a Scottish Cup, League Cup or Challenge Cup Tie, I would guess the Admission Price would be between £12 and £18.

I know it is a severe emotional tie for some, but we really need to leave a few away ends empty  especially Dumbarton. 

Other fans should actually boycott our North Stand due to our rip off TWENTY POUND charge. 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

Correct. 

If it was a Scottish Cup, League Cup or Challenge Cup Tie, I would guess the Admission Price would be between £12 and £18.

I know it is a severe emotional tie for some, but we really need to leave a few away ends empty  especially Dumbarton. 

Other fans should actually boycott our North Stand due to our rip off TWENTY POUND charge. 

This is the thing we know we won't. The annoying thing is if it was £20 most people would accept that because it's became a bit of a standard for match prices. Trying to squeeze the extra £2 is a poor show. 

We couldn't realistically drop our prices by a great amount, the financial hit would be too much. 

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

That was always our excuse for bumping the prices to £25 when playing the bigots.

SCOTTISH CUP - ADMISSION PRICES

Monday 30th October 2017

20171030_timeline.png&mode=newstn

SONS play Elgin City in round three of the Scottish Cup at the YOUR Radio 103FM Stadium on 18th November. Admission prices have been agreed.

Under-12s will be admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult who will pay £12

Full price list below.

Adults - £12
Concessions - £8
Under-12s - FREE, when accompanied by an Adult at £12

Kick off on the day is 3pm.

I hope we win this, but I'd take a draw - we tend to mess up against these guys fairly regularly.

Even if we do draw we know that only one of United/Dunfermline could take advantage - and I have a feeling it would be Dunfermline (which would be better for us). Of course a draw would probably be best of all.

Almost a free hit for us on Saturday.

8 hours ago, southsidebud said:

I hope we win this, but I'd take a draw - we tend to mess up against these guys fairly regularly.

Even if we do draw we know that only one of United/Dunfermline could take advantage - and I have a feeling it would be Dunfermline (which would be better for us). Of course a draw would probably be best of all.

Almost a free hit for us on Saturday.

You'd take a draw? Really? Away to Dumbarton? Three points are a must as far as I'm concerned to help tighten the noose around Dundee Utd's neck.

You'd take a draw? Really? Away to Dumbarton? Three points are a must as far as I'm concerned to help tighten the noose around Dundee Utd's neck.
Don't get me wrong - I want the win but - yes - I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw considering our recent record there.

I think everyone else has more must win games than us so a draw would be no disaster.