1-3 New Players Coming In.

I listened and heard him praising Dobbie highly later in the show........I wonder???
I wouldn't expect a striker to come in with Reilly, Sutton,Mullen & Duffy here already & Stewart too although on loan at the minute.

So with that in mind a striker will probably get announced next week.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I wouldn't expect a striker to come in with Reilly, Sutton,Mullen & Duffy here already & Stewart too although on loan at the minute.

So with that in mind a striker will probably get announced next week.

There is the distinct possibility that at least one of Sutton and Duffy won't be here after the window closes.

I'd think a new striker is a certainty.

I think he'll definitely look to bring in a player who can play wide right, freeing up Magennis to play a central role which he is much more suited to in my opinion.

If Hill does come on loan as part of the Morgan deal then he will be another option in there.

Think another striker is a possibility, if they can move Duffy on which is surely on the cards.

22 minutes ago, div said:

I think he'll definitely look to bring in a player who can play wide right, freeing up Magennis to play a central role which he is much more suited to in my opinion.

If Hill does come on loan as part of the Morgan deal then he will be another option in there.

Think another striker is a possibility, if they can move Duffy on which is surely on the cards.

in your opinion is Magennis good cover for McGinn?

When is Todd due to return?

For me we need a defensive solid midfielder(Goodwin mould) in case McGinn gets injured

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Go and get Jai Quitongo and Dobbie. We need to up our game because Dundee Utd have already started and will bring in more quality before the window shuts

Utd have also lost Fraser & Fyvie for the rest of the season. They are absolutely desperate to get out this division this season as the consequences of failure for them are grave.

They are set to announce two more signings today, some Danish striker and a defender from Watford to go along with Craig Slater who joined earlier this week. Possible they will spend some more but I'd trust that Jack & James have done their homework and that we will bring in a couple of quality additions to our own squad.

Might just need to be patient.

31 minutes ago, Lethal89 said:

Would Nadir Ciftci be worth a shout if something could be worked out with Celtic?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2049900/celtic-nadir-ciftci-plymouth-derek-adams/amp/

Don't think he fits the profile of the sort of player Jack seems to like. Been a complete disaster everywhere he's been since he left Utd too.

One to avoid IMO!

5 minutes ago, div said:

Don't think he fits the profile of the sort of player Jack seems to like. Been a complete disaster everywhere he's been since he left Utd too.

One to avoid IMO!

He almost chucked football altogether too before moving to Utd. His dip in form over the last couple of years could easily put him in that mindset again.

Here is the thing, what positions to we actually need, then we can start discussing possible targets

Mullen for me is a great signing, very powerful and will get better

Kyle as well is improving every week

McGinn as well, and Reilly when back to 100% will get more goals, Samson has been superb last few matches...... and we have Lewis till season end, so for me, its Mallon we need back. Dead ball quality has been missing............ we push high up the park so we always get corners and free kicks..................

McShane for me is to hit and miss

I hope Ross has learned from bringing in older journeymen like Duffy, and young unproven at the level we are aiming at players like Stewart, and brings in a couple of real premiership quality additions who are good to go.

its no use looking at lower league players, or older past it guys, or even the likes of Quitongo & Hippolyte who their own managers dont fancy regularly for 90 minutes. The likes of  McGinn, Davis, Reilly, Smith & Smith are the calibre we need. Its time to not only aspire to be in the top flight, but be seen to be going about your business like you are top flight.

A more defensive midfielder would be one of my choices for an addition, as neither McGinn or McShane are great defensively, and there are times when we have to be more solid defensively. The return of Davis and MacKenzie will obviously help in this, but someone in front of them who is more tactically adept in defensive situations would help at times.

Another striker is also desirable to enable us to have more on the bench to change games when things aren't going our way, especially as I can see at least another one of our strikers leaving as they are clearly not what the manager wants. Duffy looks a strange piece of business, and a rare error in the transfer market by Jack and James, while Sutton is obviously not the type of player the manager wants to use, due to his limited pace and mobility.

Sutton does not need a lot of pace (not that ever really had it), he can hold the ball up pretty well for people to run off; he has a presence in the box at set pieces; and the centre halfs he's playing against are mostly big tall chaps with nae pace as well. When Sutton came on for his 5 minute cameo against Morton, he nearly created a goal at the death because a short arse went off and they suddenly realised someone with physicality was on.