New Contracts for Davis & Baird... Now!

I know part of Davis's reasons for signing for us was to put himself in the shop window for bigger clubs up here, or daan saaf. I think the club should be making him an offer he cant refuse, as well as giving Baird at least a two year deal. I would extend McKennzie's too. Improve McGinn's, extend Stelios's, get Liam Smith signed up as well.

there will be a raft of premiership clubs looking to snap up Davis, and the others above. The board need to get them tied up now, that is even more important than who they need to bring in. Happy to see all the Morgan Money spent on securing our best players.

Gotta add Reilly to the priority list. Not had a striker as prolific since the days of Dougie Somner. Best since then has been 20 in all competition. Gavin already on that. Next target the 35 Somner got in 79-80.
Half way through the season. Over half way yo the target.....it's do-able

Guest TPAFKATS
I know part of Davis's reasons for signing for us was to put himself in the shop window for bigger clubs up here, or daan saaf. I think the club should be making him an offer he cant refuse, as well as giving Baird at least a two year deal. I would extend McKennzie's too. Improve McGinn's, extend Stelios's, get Liam Smith signed up as well.
there will be a raft of premiership clubs looking to snap up Davis, and the others above. The board need to get them tied up now, that is even more important than who they need to bring in. Happy to see all the Morgan Money spent on securing our best players.
Why would players sign new deals when we are a championship club, paying championship wages?

23 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why would players sign new deals when we are a championship club, paying championship wages?

We wont be next season when their new deals would kick in!

2 hours ago, SBS said:

Gotta add Reilly to the priority list. Not had a striker as prolific since the days of Dougie Somner. Best since then has been 20 in all competition. Gavin already on that. Next target the 35 Somner got in 79-80.
Half way through the season. Over half way yo the target.....it's do-able

Didnt add Reilly as i thought he and Cammy Smith were on two year deals??? But if not then yes... show them the money!

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It would seem that JR was correct to sign an injured Harry Davis.:rolleyes:

You'd think it was enough for some to admit they got it wrong, although I think they already have in a way that makes them think they're saving face.

We should be concentrating in consolidating our already strong position in the table, rather than messing about with contracts. I want players minds to be focused solely on winning the title.

Guest TPAFKATS

So you are saying we should offer top league wages before we know what league we will be playing in next season?

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you are saying we should offer top league wages before we know what league we will be playing in next season?

Its a clause generally in every players contract. That being if relegated your wages drop accordingly, and if promoted they rise, or at least you get to renegotiate. Its critical to get the guys who can walk at the end of the season to agree new deals before someone else does!

if not we would be sleepwalking into a one season up and down again situation if we lose our talent.

Guest TPAFKATS
Its a clause generally in every players contract. That being if relegated your wages drop accordingly, and if promoted they rise, or at least you get to renegotiate. Its critical to get the guys who can walk at the end of the season to agree new deals before someone else does!
if not we would be sleepwalking into a one season up and down again situation if we lose our talent.
That clause worked last January when the likes of Davis weren't featuring at their clubs and they had an incentive to sign. Now they are in the driving seat.

I reckon you just started this thread to be contrary. Whatever the club are or aren't doing, isn't right. If they announced new deals, like previously with Davis, you'd be seething.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think one major player is about to. 

Edited by pod

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

That clause worked last January when the likes of Davis weren't featuring at their clubs and they had an incentive to sign. Now they are in the driving seat.

I reckon you just started this thread to be contrary. Whatever the club are or aren't doing, isn't right. If they announced new deals, like previously with Davis, you'd be seething.

I know, (not just think) that you are completely wrong, and just like following the herd who seem to have supernatural powers of detection when it comes to telling others what they think. But hey... its all about opinions.

jeez, if you speculate on giving our better performers a new deal, guess what that actually means you are Anti St Mirren..! What a feckin laugh out loud moment.

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

Morgan has performed a U-turn and is set to stay. Fantastic news.

Alternatively: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15812429.St_Mirren_captain_Stephen_McGinn_ready_for_new_Saints_contract/

If you go by the logic displayed by some on here Stephen McGinn stating he would be open to a new contract, actually means he wants the opposite! Lol

what about singing at the game? If you sing-a-long with the Northbank (fifty two years and counting) does that also mean you are anti StMirren..?

gonna have fun with this for the rest of the season..... at least!

Great news about McGinn if he's looking likely to stay. When he's not on form we really notice it. He can spot a pass that no one else in the stadium can see. Yeah he occasionally makes mistakes but they're few and far between. For me he's one of the very top priorities with Gavin Reilly, hopefully the Morgan money is used to make them both happen soon. Does anyone know if Davis option is St Mirren or Davis? I hope either way it gets taken up but we probably won't know until the summer.  

Guest TPAFKATS
If you go by the logic displayed by some on here Stephen McGinn stating he would be open to a new contract, actually means he wants the opposite! Lol
what about singing at the game? If you sing-a-long with the Northbank (fifty two years and counting) does that also mean you are anti StMirren..?
You've missed the point, quite spectacularly.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You've missed the point, quite spectacularly.

Your point seemed to be getting fellow saints fans to turn on their own. My point is we should offer new deals to those better performing players coming out of contract, and those who could be the subject of a bid from elsewhere.... and BAM..! Stephen McGinn (one who i suggested we offer improved terms to) comes out in complete agreement.

if you started going to away games in the 70's on the Junior Supporters bus, does that make you anti St Mirren too..?

Your point seemed to be getting fellow saints fans to turn on their own. My point is we should offer new deals to those better performing players coming out of contract, and those who could be the subject of a bid from elsewhere.... and BAM..! Stephen McGinn (one who i suggested we offer improved terms to) comes out in complete agreement.
if you started going to away games in the 70's on the Junior Supporters bus, does that make you anti St Mirren too..?

What are you on about? Can you get your head checked out, and in the meantime be happy that our captain fantastic is on the brink of signing a new deal? Thanks.