New Contracts for Davis & Baird... Now!

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Lord Pityme said:

I think the one year extensions are triggered mutually, in other words it would be illegal to say you are working for us for one year, and then two if we feel like it at the time.

and thats the concern, anyone could, if i have it right re his contract, approach him now with a PCA. There will be several intrested in a player we rehabilitated for months.

edit: cant find info relating to a one year extension trigger option for Davis on official site. Just confirmation he signed a one year deal. All the centre backs, & McGinn etc are out of contract in the summer.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wrong again Baz, never once said 'adding a contract extension' is illegal, but repeatedly said, as yet, in the UK  no player who properly rejected a UCE has ever been taken to court to be made to fulfil it.

however if you check the piece i posted above, if a player rejects it in the correct timeframe it becomes unenforceable as its deemed a restriction to trade. Please try like me to keep a consistent line.

You said, and I quote it above, that it would be illegal for the club to trigger the clause. You agreed with me later that it was legitimate if both parties agreed it at the outset. Two entirely different scenarios.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wrong again Baz, never once said 'adding a contract extension' is illegal, but repeatedly said, as yet, in the UK  no player who properly rejected a UCE has ever been taken to court to be made to fulfil it.

however if you check the piece i posted above, if a player rejects it in the correct timeframe it becomes unenforceable as its deemed a restriction to trade. Please try like me to keep a consistent line.

One example where a player has rejected a UCE during his contract, that has been agreed by club and player when the contract had been signed, in UK law and not been made to fulfil it? You going to come back to the unrelated Webster ruling again? 

You love moving a goalpost. You have stated ‘including something doesn’t make it legal’ and ‘UEO are unenforceable in UK law’  so what you’re basically saying now is, if a player rejects it when the contract is signed, they don’t have to fulfil it? No sh*t, it wouldn’t be in the contract then. Your arguments are as clear as dishwater so you can make ridiculous claims like club controlled contract extensions can’t be enforced in uk law even after both parties have signed a contract agreeing to that clause . Then you sneak and squirm around with word games when people very clearly show you evidence it’s nonsense with rubbish like if it’s been mutually agreed when the contract has been signed that’s fine. Oh  Lordy Lordy Lordy  I hate to break it to you but that’s what a contract agreement is. you have lost this argument  time to put your hands up to it. 

You’ll no doubt come back with ‘show me an example’ your previous attachment and the many cases where contract extensions have been triggered show there  are no examples, because no players are taking clubs to court. Do you know why? Because they are not illegal/ are enforced by UK law . same reason players don’t take clubs to court very often to break standard contracts... they’re also enforced. 

I did read over it and was familiar with pretty much every aspect of it. There is no information that backs up your wording that contract extensions controlled by clubs ‘are not enforced by UK law’ the restriction of trade timeframe are completely not relevant in a one year contract with a second year option (two year contract that can be terminated after one year) your wee link actually validated a lot of what I had said about early termination so thanks for sharing  

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You said, and I quote it above, that it would be illegal for the club to trigger the clause. You agreed with me later that it was legitimate if both parties agreed it at the outset. Two entirely different scenarios.

Correct, he’ll come back with some word play spin no doubt. Dug himself a hole and to proud to admit he’s wrong. His response to you was that it was word for word what he said which is baffling. 

Edited by bazil85

Guest TPAFKATS
Fiasco doesn't cover it. You have to wonder how anyone can claim to be a super supporter but tediously trys to undermine the club and manager. 
Yeah, it would be better if he claimed not to be a supporter yet turned up at every game while trying to undermine the club.

Like anyone would do that...

To be fair, he was also a gargantuan bellend long before that...
Was he not the guy who would repeatedly heckle Richard Atkinson under another name until Richard called him by his first name and he then closed his account ? 

Maybe someone should try the magic word again [emoji23][emoji23]

28 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Was he not the guy who would repeatedly heckle Richard Atkinson under another name until Richard called him by his first name and he then closed his account ? 

Maybe someone should try the magic word again emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Just because you disagree with him :blink:

37 minutes ago, Soctty said:
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
The LPM fiasco all started when he fell out with SMISA, he's been on a year long crusade against the club since then.

He was a relatively mild wind up merchant before that though, more to be be laughed at than debated with.

The whole falling out with SMISA thing seems to have left him truly embittered and determined to undermine, though. 

47 minutes ago, Soctty said:
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
The LPM fiasco all started when he fell out with SMISA, he's been on a year long crusade against the club since then.

But. Does he know where you sit?:P

1 hour ago, shull said:

The Posse, bullying and abusing, in numbers.

Thats what they always resort to, endorsed by the webman.

the whole idea of a forum is to debate, unfortunately as we have learned since the coming of online forums people feel they can freely abuse someone they dont know, and most likely would never address that person, in that manner, face to face. 

Maybe i just dont get it? You know how big & clever it is to abuse people you've never met! Hopefully i never will get it.

It's very sad. 

Elvis has been pushed out due to 2 despicable abusers on the St Mirren v Dundee United Matchday Thread. 

One of the abusers is unbelievably still posting. 

The Bland Posse Brigade remain silent. 

Elvis always having his own opinion was the most inoffensive buddie on this Forum. 

Didn't deserve what was posted. 

Shameful. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

The classic stance of forum trolls.

When they're called out, they run greeting to the mods and accuse others of bullying them.

Also the classic stance of the archetypal playground bully................................:wink:

Nope...!

dont think that will cover your tracks, you'll have to try harder, you know get a few others who cant think for themselves either to join in? That should do it!

i bet Jack Ross would love the consistency shown by the posse on here, you can set your watch by it.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The classic stance of forum trolls.

When they're called out, they run greeting to the mods and accuse others of bullying them.

Also the classic stance of the archetypal playground bully................................:wink:

Where were you when Elvis was abused ? 

Or even when LPM was abused earlier today. 

Hiding as usual. 

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats what they always resort to, endorsed by the webman.

the whole idea of a forum is to debate, unfortunately as we have learned since the coming of online forums people feel they can freely abuse someone they dont know, and most likely would never address that person, in that manner, face to face. 

Maybe i just dont get it? You know how big & clever it is to abuse people you've never met! Hopefully i never will get it.

I feel you're lumping a lot of us in on this comment. Don't get me wrong I'm completely confident in saying you're talking nonsense with your claim about contract extensions and have contradicted yourself in your posts. I would also be absolutely fine saying the same thing to a person face to face because let's be honest, it is rubbish.

I wouldn't consider that 'bullying' behavior though... If you do, well I can only apologise. 

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope...!

dont think that will cover your tracks, you'll have to try harder, you know get a few others who cant think for themselves either to join in? That should do it!

i bet Jack Ross would love the consistency shown by the posse on here, you can set your watch by it.

IRONIC.

The very reason people are calling you out is due to your inconsistency.  

When will it occur to you that the fact they number more than one isn't due to jumping on bandwagons. It's to do with you debating from a moving position rather than accepting the fact you need to keep repositioning because your original statement was, in fact, nonsense.

I accept when I am wrong. I hold my hands up and say so. I don't keep trying to change my stance in the hope that people won't notice. 

You seem like an intelligent, though troubled, individual with a massive chip on your shoulder. why don't you just accept that you can, at times, be wrong?

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope...!

Now that my friends is the definition of irony. 

Your consistent negativity is far more reliable than anything else on this forum.

For the record though I don’t condone personal abuse for many different reasons. In your case because you’re simply not worthy of it. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2