Its Plastic Nightmares

Our prime minister has acted, hailed by Gove, alongside the racist Zak Goldsmith, as the country's greatest environmentalist she has decreed that a not even loosley defined group of plastics, that are arbitrarily categorised as "unnecessary", will be banned when she and many of the rest of us are liable to be dead or too old to give a shit anymore.
Well and truly kicked into the long seaweed.  
I truly hate this poor apology for a government.

Acht, All the feckin same. You wonder in all honestly if any politician actually believes the pish they spout to the public domain.

Plastic is now the great evil, diesel was the devils brew last I looked. In fact this is just at like Sturgeon when she proclaimed no more diesel cars by2030. Oh really ?? The Chinese promptly challenged her and she promptly back tracked by sending her trade counsel to London to tell, no re assure the Chinese that it was an aspiration, not a realistic target. So, Chinese investment saved, phew.

It’s all just a pile of political poop [emoji90] Trouble is they expect us all to scoop

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Iceland, the shop, not the country, pledged to stop using plastic on all it's own products within 5 years.

Good move, I think this could be an attractive sales point for many consumers in the next few years. 

Ronnie going down a similar road........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42704291

• 5 months later...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Big hoax

Maybe increase the price of Carrier Bags to 6p will solve world environmental problems.

More Tax, more Tax more Tax.

Aw shite

8 minutes ago, shull said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Big hoax

Maybe increase the price of Carrier Bags to 6p will solve world environmental problems.

More Tax, more Tax more Tax.

Aw shite

Aye, you know this for sure and Attenborough talking shite................I know who my money is on.  :lol:

Related image

On 1/10/2018 at 7:20 PM, whydowebother said:

Or, perhaps people should start putting rubbish in bins ?

It doesn’t pollute or make its own way to the sea or countryside on it’s own.

Educate people... nah, it’ll never catch on.

I am afraid it does make it's own way there.

It breaks down in landfill and microparticles are washed into water tables and fron there end up in the sea.

There are microparticles in the food we eat as well.

I have always thought that pollution or a virus will wipe out humans long before global warming and I haven't seen anything to change my mind about that.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:53 PM, faraway saint said:

Aye, coz people are going to stop working and supporting their families for some airy fairy idea they will change the policies of the oil and gas companies. 

A massive issue, not an easy solution as it's built up over years, and won't be solved in a hurry.

It does seem more countries and governments are taking this seriously so things could change. 

I doubt any forum members have enough knowledge to really provide a solution, apart from Oaky. 

It's a people problem, not a plastic problem and so I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it. Give me a technical problem to fix and let others have to worry about dealing with people.

If you ban plastics people will find some other way to pollute.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am afraid it does make it's own way there.

It breaks down in landfill and microparticles are washed into water tables and fron there end up in the sea.

There are microparticles in the food we eat as well.

I have always thought that pollution or a virus will wipe out humans long before global warming and I haven't seen anything to change my mind about that.

Wish it'd start in the Stirling area. :whistle

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a people problem, not a plastic problem and so I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it. Give me a technical problem to fix and let others have to worry about dealing with people.

They have known how to make biodegradable plastic for decades but it is only now that some stores are offering carrier bags made from it . Maybe in another few years we will get plastic drinks bottles made from biodegradable plastic . .

The first sentence is spot on . Plastic in itself is not the issue here, it’s over use of it and lazy product manufactures who are not prepared to find alternatives to cut down on its use plus lazy consumers who feel it’s their right to chuck litter about thinking someone else will clean up their mess.

If your not experiencing or If you don't know about someone suffering due to the Global complications from medical plastic polypropylene mesh implants, then you probably have never heard of it.  Please take a couple of minutes to visit this website at www.scottishmeshsurvivors.com  and see the human carnage of plastic being put into humans and the inaction of those with the power to halt this catastrophe.  Thanks for stopping by the website and please spread the word.  Although Scotland has had a mesh suspension since 2014, these devices are still available in Scotland and the U.K. and can be consented to.  Level 1 scientific evidence has proved mesh implants to be too risky and a lifetime risk. By all means save the animals and wildlife of this planet, but also the humans.  

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The first sentence is spot on . Plastic in itself is not the issue here, it’s over use of it and lazy product manufactures who are not prepared to find alternatives to cut down on its use plus lazy consumers who feel it’s their right to chuck litter about thinking someone else will clean up their mess.

Scotland is the worst country l have ever seen for litter and chewing gum stuck to pavements . Lazy manufacturers and lazy consumers . Retailers have a responsibility too for the consumers that leave their rubbish outside their premises. .

Guest TPAFKATS
They have known how to make biodegradable plastic for decades but it is only now that some stores are offering carrier bags made from it . Maybe in another few years we will get plastic drinks bottles made from biodegradable plastic . .
More products now being packaged in non plastic. Think its vegetable based tubs and cups instead

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

More products now being packaged in non plastic. Think its vegetable based tubs and cups instead

Yeah , because of the awareness now on the dangers of BPA , I reckon a company that sold their soft drinks in BPA free plastic would make a fortune- opportunity for someone . .

On 1/16/2018 at 6:14 PM, faraway saint said:

Iceland, the shop, not the country, pledged to stop using plastic on all it's own products within 5 years.

Good move, I think this could be an attractive sales point for many consumers in the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Yeah , because of the awareness now on the dangers of BPA , I reckon a company that sold their soft drinks in BPA free plastic would make a fortune- opportunity for someone . .

Great idea. :lol: