Aaron Williams

Stu

According to The Sun we're interested in Aaron Williams, who has been released by Newport County. Seems to have scored plenty of goals in the English non-league but not sure how it fits in with signing players with an eye on next season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Williams_(footballer)
Not great scoring record anywhere really. doesn't look likely imo.

52 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Stu said:
According to The Sun we're interested in Aaron Williams, who has been released by Newport County. Seems to have scored plenty of goals in the English non-league but not sure how it fits in with signing players with an eye on next season.

Not great scoring record anywhere really. doesn't look likely imo.

Did well while on loan in the first half of the season but no idea how Conference North compares to the Scottish Championship.

26 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Didn't the Well get Mould from non-league?

And we got James Marwood from there. There's a few gems at that level, the difficulty is trying to find them.

Even though the S*n is often right about St Mirren stuff, this seems like a strange one to me. I'd have thought that the hidden gems at that level would command a small fee when leaving their clubs, or be approached by bigger clubs on pre-contracts. Seems like this guy's been released, which doesn't fill me with confidence. Having said that we should always be open to having a look at a player and Jack has a track record of getting the best out of players who have struggled at other clubs. Hopefully, if there's any truth in it, he goes on to do well, don't imagine we'd be paying him a fortune anyway.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Does Flareybob write for the sun?..

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Wrexham in for him now. 

Thought you'd been emptied out. 

Poor Shull has been pining all over the forum all weekend, cryptically telling anyone who hasn't blocked him that it's a damn shame what happened to you. No one was aware anything happened to you and were questioning if you'd been banned. 

Nice to see you're still about and Shull is just practising his histrionics. :lol:

Xxx a

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Did he ? I always thought that too but his wiki page ( font of all knowledge !!) seems to indicate he was as much of a dud everywhere else.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Did he ? I always thought that too but his wiki page ( font of all knowledge !!) seems to indicate he was as much of a dud everywhere else.

a was only saying what wee tommy Craig said,come to think of it,he was on his 3rd bottle of finest chivas

11 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Even though the S*n is often right about St Mirren stuff, this seems like a strange one to me. I'd have thought that the hidden gems at that level would command a small fee when leaving their clubs, or be approached by bigger clubs on pre-contracts. Seems like this guy's been released, which doesn't fill me with confidence. Having said that we should always be open to having a look at a player and Jack has a track record of getting the best out of players who have struggled at other clubs. Hopefully, if there's any truth in it, he goes on to do well, don't imagine we'd be paying him a fortune anyway.

In fairness it's not the non-league side that released him It's Newport who are a League 2 side who are doing fairly well I believe, Just knocked Leeds out the FA Cup last week. Can't hurt to have a look at the guy and see what he's got