Ryan Flynn Signs

Ronnie

Looks a great signing. Good pedigree, good age and a lot of experience on both sides of the border.

The last midfielder we signed who wasn’t getting a game in the bottom half of English football was McGinn. If he has half of much impact that he has he will do well.

• 1 month later...

Ryan has struggled to find a regular place so far or a position to nail down but it think yesterday was just what was needed to let us see what he's about. 

The assumption was that he'd be used as a wide man to let Kyle move inside but keeping him beside McGinn was a masterstroke. 

He won everything defensively, constantly retained possession, showed a good range of passing, looked physically strong, always tried to move play forward, and provided a lot of good clearing headers as well as dangerous through balls that required some last ditch panic defending from M'Voto on more than one occasion. He was high energy for the full 90 minutes and a threat around both penalty boxes. 

I have no issue with Danny Mullen getting motm yesterday as he really, really needed it and was highly impressive. But for me Ryan Flynn turned in the best performance in a team of very good showings. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Ryan has struggled to find a regular place so far or a position to nail down but it think yesterday was just what was needed to let us see what he's about. 

The assumption was that he'd be used as a wide man to let Kyle move inside but keeping him beside McGinn was a masterstroke. 

He won everything defensively, constantly retained possession, showed a good range of passing, looked physically strong, always tried to move play forward, and provided a lot of good clearing headers as well as dangerous through balls that required some last ditch panic defending from M'Voto on more than one occasion. He was high energy for the full 90 minutes and a threat around both penalty boxes. 

I have no issue with Danny Mullen getting motm yesterday as he really, really needed it and was highly impressive. But for me Ryan Flynn turned in the best performance in a team of very good showings. 

Agreed on all counts.

Flynn was the stand-out for me yesterday. Superb performance. Looks like J&J have brought in another gem!