Jump to content

Ronnie

Ryan Flynn Signs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Ryan has struggled to find a regular place so far or a position to nail down but it think yesterday was just what was needed to let us see what he's about. 

The assumption was that he'd be used as a wide man to let Kyle move inside but keeping him beside McGinn was a masterstroke. 

He won everything defensively, constantly retained possession, showed a good range of passing, looked physically strong, always tried to move play forward, and provided a lot of good clearing headers as well as dangerous through balls that required some last ditch panic defending from M'Voto on more than one occasion. He was high energy for the full 90 minutes and a threat around both penalty boxes. 

I have no issue with Danny Mullen getting motm yesterday as he really, really needed it and was highly impressive. But for me Ryan Flynn turned in the best performance in a team of very good showings. 

Agreed on all counts.

Flynn was the stand-out for me yesterday. Superb performance. Looks like J&J have brought in another gem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked the player I hoped he was going to be yesterday , he doesn't really looked to have bulked up any since his Falkirk days, but his years in England have made him into a far better player !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My MoM as well, Mullen & MacKenzie weren't far behind yesterday. Good to know that we now have a few players who can play in beside McGinn when required. Flynn's positioning was excellent yesterday, he read the game well and was always trying to go forward with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Flynn turned the game last night. His willingness/ability to turn in tight spaces, push forward with the ball at his feet and also move it along quickly upped the tempo of our game and turned the screw on Accies when they were starting to wilt.

McAllister was the best player on the night but nobody can play this game on their own and Flynn was excellent. McGinn got better when he came on, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ryan Flynn turned the game last night. His willingness/ability to turn in tight spaces, push forward with the ball at his feet and also move it along quickly upped the tempo of our game and turned the screw on Accies when they were starting to wilt.

McAllister was the best player on the night but nobody can play this game on their own and Flynn was excellent. McGinn got better when he came on, too.

I said this after the game. Gave us that spark we needed and drove forward with the ball and made good use of it. McAallister was magnificent. In fact everything that came down that right hand side second half including the willingness of Paul McGinn to get so far forward paid off. 

Overall very good performance all round. I have every faith we will get on Saturday and hope that Accies slip.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ryan Flynn turned the game last night. His willingness/ability to turn in tight spaces, push forward with the ball at his feet and also move it along quickly upped the tempo of our game and turned the screw on Accies when they were starting to wilt.

McAllister was the best player on the night but nobody can play this game on their own and Flynn was excellent. McGinn got better when he came on, too.

 

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I said this after the game. Gave us that spark we needed and drove forward with the ball and made good use of it. McAallister was magnificent. In fact everything that came down that right hand side second half including the willingness of Paul McGinn to get so far forward paid off. 

Overall very good performance all round. I have every faith we will get on Saturday and hope that Accies slip.

THIS  ^^^^^^ or THESE ^^^^

Flynn has proved these last few months what a clever and good player he is. Must hope, though cannot presume he will be resigned for next season.. McGinn does play far better with him and Magennis in the team too...

McAllister's best game for us last night - hope he has another like it for the Dee game too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

 

THIS  ^^^^^^ or THESE ^^^^

Flynn has proved these last few months what a clever and good player he is. Must hope, though cannot presume he will be resigned for next season.. McGinn does play far better with him and Magennis in the team too...

McAllister's best game for us last night - hope he has another like it for the Dee game too.

Really hope he does stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It does make you wonder what on earth was going on with him being played out on the wing for so long!

Points off for Jack Ross there.

Glad Kearney finally saw sense.

To be fair that was his natural position. He was always about running with the ball on the wing, though he has matured into a very mobile central player. It was completely night and day when he came on for Lyons. No disrespect to the latter, though we got the ball moving quicker and more forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

To be fair that was his natural position. He was always about running with the ball on the wing, though he has matured into a very mobile central player. It was completely night and day when he came on for Lyons. No disrespect to the latter, though we got the ball moving quicker and more forward.

Lyons must have been good for Kearney before, but he doesn't really seem to know what he is doing. I don't think playing for Blackburn U23s or whatever has resulted in much positive coaching for him. He's a complete ghost when playing for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Lyons must have been good for Kearney before, but he doesn't really seem to know what he is doing. I don't think playing for Blackburn U23s or whatever has resulted in much positive coaching for him. He's a complete ghost when playing for us.

Brad has been so bad I actually started to think he can't see without his specs. He didn't seem to know the difference between black and white stripes and red and white hoops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
THIS  ^^^^^^ or THESE ^^^^
Flynn has proved these last few months what a clever and good player he is. Must hope, though cannot presume he will be resigned for next season.. McGinn does play far better with him and Magennis in the team too...
McAllister's best game for us last night - hope he has another like it for the Dee game too.
Think Flynn has another year on his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brad has been so bad I actually started to think he can't see without his specs. He didn't seem to know the difference between black and white stripes and red and white hoops.
For me all the good that Brad does goes unnoticed and people only remember the bad bits.

He was pretty good in the first half with a good run down the right hand side early on. He had a header on target all be it it wasnt very powerful but I think that was mainly down to the cross that came in.

Generally he was good until he tried an ambitious cross field ball to Paul McGinn and it went straight to a Hamilton midfielder, which is the only bit that people remember.

I understand people hope for more from him but hes been a regular feature in the midfield since we started to improve.

I quite like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hambud said:

For me all the good that Brad does goes unnoticed and people only remember the bad bits.

He was pretty good in the first half with a good run down the right hand side early on. He had a header on target all be it it wasnt very powerful but I think that was mainly down to the cross that came in.

Generally he was good until he tried an ambitious cross field ball to Paul McGinn and it went straight to a Hamilton midfielder, which is the only bit that people remember.

I understand people hope for more from him but hes been a regular feature in the midfield since we started to improve.

I quite like him.

Lyon's ran down the right until he had nowhere to go and had a header. He did absolutely nothing apart from that, he is as bad a footballer as i have ever seen. He can't tackle, pass or shoot. We are only scoring once he goes off and make substitutions...dreadful player...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lyon's ran down the right until he had nowhere to go and had a header. He did absolutely nothing apart from that, he is as bad a footballer as i have ever seen. He can't tackle, pass or shoot. We are only scoring once he goes off and make substitutions...dreadful player...
I think there is a player in there.
I'd trust Oran's judgement on him over yours or mine!

I think the misses at Accies away have severely dented his confidence and Oran has been trying to support him through it.

With the enormity of Saturdays game though, I'd drop him for Flynn in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...