Mark Hill Signs

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

First today! :clapping

Not desperate to be first - but like all fans, keen to spread the good news that we are all sitting waiting to hear..

Wish the website did not allow new threads with the same title and that would alert us (Provided we all used the same format)

Can't wait to see this 4th signing ... it could well be worth the wait...

St Mirren are delighted to announce the loan signing of Celtic’s Mark Hill until the end of the season subject to SFA approval.

The 19 year-old midfielder joins up with Saints until the end of the campaign.

Hill, who signed a three-year deal with the Hoops in May last year, has yet to feature for the Celtic first team but has impressed in their development squad and featured in the UEFA Youth League and IRN-BRU Cup.

Speaking on the move, Jack Ross said: “I think Mark gives us something different. He’s dynamic, he’s powerful, probably a more naturally defensive type in the midfield which we’ve not really had this season.

"He’s a player I’ve been really impressed with whenever I’ve seen him and I know Brendan Rodgers has high hopes for him at Celtic.

"I’m excited to work with him and look forward to welcoming him to the group.”

Mark joined up with The Buddies for training this morning and said: "Obviously Jamie McCart was here and he said it was really good. I spoke to him a few times about it and he said training was decent and the club was good. It's my first day in and it's been really positive."

St Mirren are delighted to announce the loan signing of Celtic’s Mark Hill until the end of the season subject to SFA approval.

The 19 year-old midfielder joins up with Saints until the end of the campaign.

Hill, who signed a three-year deal with the Hoops in May last year, has yet to feature for the Celtic first team but has impressed in their development squad and featured in the UEFA Youth League and IRN-BRU Cup.

Speaking on the move, Jack Ross said: “I think Mark gives us something different. He’s dynamic, he’s powerful, probably a more naturally defensive type in the midfield which we’ve not really had this season.

"He’s a player I’ve been really impressed with whenever I’ve seen him and I know Brendan Rodgers has high hopes for him at Celtic.

"I’m excited to work with him and look forward to welcoming him to the group.”

Mark joined up with The Buddies for training this morning and said: "Obviously Jamie McCart was here and he said it was really good. I spoke to him a few times about it and he said training was decent and the club was good. It's my first day in and it's been really positive."

And surely looking forward to playing alongside Lewis which will undoubtedly help.them both.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A more defensive minded midfielder is definitely required but I hope it doesn't impact on our attacking style. It'll be a shame to see one or more of our successful team lose their place.

Can't keep everybody happy.

Gives us options, plenty games this season will require a change of style, he gives us this.

More so next season, all going well. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A more defensive minded midfielder is definitely required but I hope it doesn't impact on our attacking style. It'll be a shame to see one or more of our successful team lose their place.

Definitely think it will have a positive impact. Times when the game is perhaps getting away from us a bit and we're under pressure, Hill can hopefully provide a bit of steel that our central midfield struggle with at certain times. 

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Can't keep everybody happy.

Gives us options, plenty games this season will require a change of style, he gives us this.

More so next season, all going well. 

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Definitely think it will have a positive impact. Times when the game is perhaps getting away from us a bit and we're under pressure, Hill can hopefully provide a bit of steel that our central midfield struggle with at certain times. 

I agree on both counts. At least to start with I suspect he'll be used to impact as a sub when we are putting ourselves under pressure.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I agree on both counts. At least to start with I suspect he'll be used to impact as a sub when we are putting ourselves under pressure.

Yeah, I can't see him starting too many games unless there comes a point in the season where we need to grind in from the start.

Like Craig Storie last season though, he'll certainly play his role and it will be an important one. Storie came on for last 5-10 minutes in a few league games towards the end of the season where we were a goal up or trying to see it out and provided just what we needed.

Edited by djchapsticks

It's about having options for certain games or situations. I'd be very surprised to see Hill taking a regular first team spot.