The Katie Hopkins Thread

shull

14 minutes ago, shull said:

Some Forumsters loving the ending of free speech.

One even wanting jail sentences for those wishing to speak freely.

Just because some have different opinions.

Your at risk of defending the undefendable 
The UN intervened after a column in The Sun in which Ms Hopkins described migrants as “cockroaches” and “feral humans”, while in 2017 she left a job at radio station LBC after posting a tweet calling for a “final solution” shortly after the Manchester Arena bombing.

56 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Your at risk of defending the undefendable 
The UN intervened after a column in The Sun in which Ms Hopkins described migrants as “cockroaches” and “feral humans”, while in 2017 she left a job at radio station LBC after posting a tweet calling for a “final solution” shortly after the Manchester Arena bombing.

Aye, Shull thinks free speech means you can say anything, no matter how insulting, racist or deliberately inciting violence.

I'd jail her, in a mans prison.  

On 6/19/2020 at 9:03 PM, shull said:

Some Forumsters loving the ending of free speech.

One even wanting jail sentences for those wishing to speak freely.

Just because some have different opinions.

Educate yourself as to what freedom of speech actually is. 

Start with the Offense Principle. 

Freedom of speech may be the right to say what you want, when you want but there is nothing there to suggest it's 100% free of consequences when expressing outwardly slanderous, or inciteful language. 

Now I am no fan of Katie Hopkins but have I understood this correctly?

Someone either threatened to rape her or said that she should be raped and her response on Twitter was "I hope he is hung like a baboon" and this resulted in her being banned for life? Does anyone know if that is correct? That's disgraceful if there is any truth in that.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Someone either threatened to rape her or said that she should be raped and her response on Twitter was "I hope he is hung like a baboon" and this resulted in her being banned for life? Does anyone know if that is correct? That's disgraceful if there is any truth in that.

I know. Rape is a terrible thing. Question.. Are baboons well hung? Can't say I paid any attention to that anytime I have seen them. Still.. She is banned. That's a bonus. 

That's what she claimed, not what twitter replied with.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Haven’t seen anything about those claims. Not that I follow any news about that bitch,

This rag has some details of her final tweets. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/katie-hopkins-final-vile-tweets-18457068

There's nothing particularly obvious in that article which explains the ban TBF.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's what she claimed, not what twitter replied with.

I don't think Twitter have actually xplained what she was banned for.

Twitter put out a statement, where it outlined the reasons for its decision, saying: "Keeping Twitter safe is a top priority for us – abuse and hateful conduct have no place on our service and we will continue to take action when our rules are broken. In this case, the account has been permanently suspended for violations of our hateful conduct policy."

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Twitter put out a statement, where it outlined the reasons for its decision, saying: "Keeping Twitter safe is a top priority for us – abuse and hateful conduct have no place on our service and we will continue to take action when our rules are broken. In this case, the account has been permanently suspended for violations of our hateful conduct policy."

That doesn't explain anything. They should have left her last posts up there so people can judge for themselves.

Anyway, she's just moved to another platform and has control of the agenda about why she was banned.