Colts in bottom league

guinness

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Of course they make sense, you just never read it properly. I mentioned %s of the options, not that the %s I gave were the probabilities of the outcomes. There were three options regarding no consultation of which you picked two where you would chuck SMiSA - that's 2/3 or 66% (OK, 66.6666...% if you want to be completely accurate). Similar for the last 6 options where you chose 33% of the options (or possibly 50% since you had a dilemma over one option).

Option 8 was a valid option, just because you didn't like it (and it is unlikely to happen) is completely irrelevant.

Edit: Why didn't you "not answer" option 4, which mentioned the fans voting for the proposal?

:snore:snore:snore

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Of course they make sense, you just never read it properly. I mentioned %s of the options, not that the %s I gave were the probabilities of the outcomes. There were three options regarding no consultation of which you picked two where you would chuck SMiSA - that's 2/3 or 66% (OK, 66.6666...% if you want to be completely accurate). Similar for the last 6 options where you chose 33% of the options (or possibly 50% since you had a dilemma over one option).

Option 8 was a valid option, just because you didn't like it (and it is unlikely to happen) is completely irrelevant.

Edit: Why didn't you "not answer" option 4, which mentioned the fans voting for the proposal?

I've explained this to you three times now, Option 8 is the only one that present a conflict of interest to me. St Mirren taking action I support against the will of my fellow fans. Yet again as it's hypothetical, has a 0% (know you like percentages) chance of happening and will add no value to a debate. I'm not willing to answer it

I mailed SMiSA to get their view on Colt Teams in the League and whether fans would be asked for their reaction.

I'm sure Colin won't mind me sharing his reply.......

"Hi John

Thanks for getting in touch with SMISA. There’s no plans at present for our members to be polled on the issue of colt teams entering the league.

Decisions on how St Mirren vote on spfl matters are for the club board, and its up to them to do what they think is right for St Mirren.

Obviously SMISA has a man on that board (David Nicol is cc’d in here) and part of his job is making sure there is a fans voice at that table so i’m sure he’d be happy to hear any views you have on this one (I’m guessing you’re against it!)

If the club board ever asked us to poll our members on this or any other issue to help inform their decision, we’d happily do that.

On the issue of colt teams I know there’s been media talk but (and Dave will keep me right) I don’t think there’s anything concrete at this stage.

Hope that helps and all the best
Colin Orr
SMISA committee"

Guest TPAFKATS
I mailed SMiSA to get their view on Colt Teams in the League and whether fans would be asked for their reaction.
I'm sure Colin won't mind me sharing his reply.......
"Hi John
Thanks for getting in touch with SMISA. There’s no plans at present for our members to be polled on the issue of colt teams entering the league.
Decisions on how St Mirren vote on spfl matters are for the club board, and its up to them to do what they think is right for St Mirren.
Obviously SMISA has a man on that board (David Nicol is cc’d in here) and part of his job is making sure there is a fans voice at that table so i’m sure he’d be happy to hear any views you have on this one (I’m guessing you’re against it!)
If the club board ever asked us to poll our members on this or any other issue to help inform their decision, we’d happily do that.
On the issue of colt teams I know there’s been media talk but (and Dave will keep me right) I don’t think there’s anything concrete at this stage.
Hope that helps and all the best
Colin Orr
SMISA committee"
Thanks John / HSS.
That's kinda how I'd expect Smisa to deal with it. Unless there is a groundswell of opinion amongst its members of course.

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You haven't really explained anything, though.  Just because you type something three times, doesn't make it an explanation.

Let's take number 8 out then and leave it at in 4/8 scenarios (50%) you will cancel your SMiSA membership.

They aren't 50% though are they? Because you're not taking into account probability. You can't just say options then split them up and say it's a 50% scenario. 

By your recognition I could say how are you getting home tonight?

• Car
  • Train
  • Bus
  • Walking
  • Hovercraft
  • Plane
  • Spaceship
  • Helicopter

By your logic there's a 50% chance of you getting home by one of the bottom four means :lol:

yet again (fourth time) I'm happy to answer the other options because they are either likely and reflect my views or are unlikely but would NOT present me with a conflict of interest. I'm not willing to answer option eight because it's both NOT likely at all and WOULD present me with a conflict of interest. 

44 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm not getting home by any of those means tonight so your comparison makes no sense.

Again, I'm not talking probability or likelihood or chance or any other such thing.  In fact, I think the only time I mentioned probability was to categorically state that I wasn't talking about it.

I said, "in 4/8 scenarios (50%) you will cancel your SMiSA membership" not that there is a 50% chance of you cancelling your SMiSA membership.  Ignoring option 8, there are 8 scenarios, 4 of which would result in you cancelling.  That is, no matter how you try to twist it, 50% of the scenarios.

Exactly, you're not talking about probability or likelihood so it makes the whole task completely pointless.

12 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

If you knew that, why did you try to tell me that I was by saying that it wasn't 50%?

I was only trying to ascertain in which scenarios you would take that action, not how likely the scenarios were.

Because in the real world it isn't 50% try and understand we're talking about two different things here. Me cancelling my SMISA membership only relates to very specific outcomes. You have presented hypothetical examples of other outcomes that WILL NOT HAPPEN and are as relevant as my traveling home from work example. 

You've said you don't understand my stance. I genuinely don't know how I can make it any simpler but I'll try one more time:

• St Mirren vote yes to Colts without consulting fans. 
  • St Mirren consult fans (they will without question be against the idea) and still vote yes 

These are the only two scenarios that have any chance of occurring that will make me cancel my membership and not renew my season ticket. The reason I say that is because you can take out all your possibilities around fans supporting the idea. There is zero doubt in anyone's mind that fans will be against this idea, therefor we don't have to consider any scenario relating to that. 

You may think it's a wee bit of fun to run over different scenarios and get me to answer 8. but for me it's pointless. Like I've said umpteen times, that scenario would present me with a conflict of interests. I'd have to think long and hard about what I would do. Something I'm not willing to do just because you've asked because I know it's a circumstance I'll never be in. 

Final try there mate, I genuinely think it's really simple to grasp but if you can't get it then fair enough. 

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

In the real world, 4 out of 8 is 50%. Just because you are trying to answer a question that you weren't asked does not change that fact.

I'm going to drop it now though, as you obviously aren't going to answer the question.

Just so you know, under none of the nine scenarios would I cancel my SMiSA subscription.

Good for you. To clarify I have full faith in St Mirren in making the right choice on this. 

Yes 4 is 50% of 8 well done lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, HSS said:

Excellent news. The day bigot colt sides are allowed into Scottish football will be a sad day indeed. Great to see all (except L2 bottom side Albion Rovers) telling the bigots to f**k off.