St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb

faraway saint

If we can get the win today , then that's a massive gap for Utd to try and overturn. I'm sure even the most pessimistic St Mirren fran would concede that , that would give us a superb chance winning the league. All the pressure is now firmly at Utd's door. 

Lets get that win today. COYS .

Edited by munoz

11 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Other than what you suggest - very little. We have an uphill battle to draw in more support  from Paisley 'Buddies' at home games.

I was merely stating a fact about the poor level of support from the Paisley public for their local team.

You'll have to move back into Paisley.  :rolleyes:

In the words of Delia Smith...... " let's be avin you"

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure they'll crumble but it certainly puts serious pressure on them, more so if we win today.  

Exactly and if we were given the ideal conditions for our nearest rivals to be in it would be cramming loads of games into a short period of time. This lessens the opponents ability to keep the team fresh and fit.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I actually thought we had a good record against QotS???

Don't remember them being a bogey team.

Since QotS beat us 3-0 on Jan 6 2017(The Jack Ross in the crowd game) we have beat them 3 times in a row scoring 8 goals and in those 13 months have lost 1 league game at home.

It won't be easy but not expecting anything but a victory for us today.

I'm guessing most of Queens wins came in the immediate post WW2 period when they were at their strongest - which seems to be the case.

Just checking the 47/48 LC when we played them twice a 7-1 win & an 8-1 defeat, some turnaround I wonder if it was a league format or a two leg  tie? 

:offtopicAnyone remember Ivan Kristo who played for us in the 2002/03 LC defeat (3-5) by Queens - his only game for us as far as I can see! :offtopic

Answered it myself partly, seems he left us to join Austrian club FC Hard!:boxing

https://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/ivan-kristo/

Anyway I'm just about to put some clothes on and head out to the game! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm guessing most of Queens wins came in the immediate post WW2 period when they were at their strongest - which seems to be the case.

Just checking the 47/48 LC when we played them twice a 7-1 win & an 8-1 defeat, some turnaround I wonder if it was a league format or a two leg  tie? 

:offtopicAnyone remember Ivan Kristo who played for us in the 2002/03 LC defeat (3-5) by Queens - his only game for us as far as I can see! :offtopic

Answered it myself partly, seems he left us to join Austrian club FC Hard!:boxing

I remember the 3 - 5 defeat (nightmare) well - it was up there with Hammerby in my least favourite Saints games...

Just remember Lennon hanging McGowan out to dry - playing 1 CB late on..

Remember Yardley being a sub but don't remember Kristo or his compatriot Fellner who scored our 3rd - I was young in those days..

48 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Can't see much on Ian Kristo, just this

http://www.stmirren.info/id345.html  St.Mirren foreign players.

TRANSFER HISTORY
  •  
  •  
  •  

All the player's transfers.

Season Date Moving from Moving to MV Transfer fee  
14/15 Jul 1, 2014 FC Koblach Austria Koblach Retired   Retired - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
13/14 Jan 30, 2014 FC Schlins Austria Schlins FC Koblach Austria Koblach - ? pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
11/12 Jul 15, 2011 TSV Altenstadt Austria Altenstadt FC Schlins Austria Schlins - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
09/10 Jul 14, 2009 VfB Bezau Austria Bezau TSV Altenstadt Austria Altenstadt - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
08/09 Jul 2, 2008 Rot-Weiß Rankweil Austria Rankweil VfB Bezau Austria Bezau - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
06/07 Feb 16, 2007 NK Novalja Croatia NK Novalja Rot-Weiß Rankweil Austria Rankweil 50 Th. € Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
05/06 Jul 19, 2005 VfB Hohenems Austria Hohenems NK Novalja Croatia NK Novalja 50 Th. € Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
04/05 Jul 15, 2004 BSV Bad Bleiberg Austria Bad Bleiberg VfB Hohenems Austria Hohenems - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
03/04 Jul 30, 2003 FC Hard Austria FC Hard BSV Juniors Villach Austria BSV Juniors - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
02/03 Mar 14, 2003 St. Mirren FC Scotland St. Mirren FC Hard Austria FC Hard - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
01/02 Apr 29, 2002 SC Austria Lustenau Austria A. Lustenau St. Mirren FC Scotland St. Mirren - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
98/99 Jul 8, 1998 BNZ Vorarlberg U19 Austria Vgb. U19 SC Austria Lustenau Austria A. Lustenau - ? pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
97/98 Jul 1, 1997 BNZ Vorarlberg U17 Austria Vgb. U17 BNZ Vorarlberg U19 Austria Vgb. U19 - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
96/97 Jul 1, 1996 BNZ Vorarlberg U15 Austria Vgb. U15 BNZ Vorarlberg U17 Austria Vgb. U17 - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
94/95 Jul 1, 1994 FC Dornbirn Jugend Austria Dornbirn Jgd. BNZ Vorarlberg U15 Austria Vgb. U15 -

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Flynn in for McShane.

Good to see the team freshening up... feel for McShane.. but he will be back hungrier...and we want to be able to have others sharpen up (like Flynn needs to with game time)

We just look better balanced on the subs bench : 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers once again - (earlier in the season it was a bit different)

Lets get off to a good start and keep on banging in the goals, with good defensive work keeping them at bay....    C O  Y  S

Edited by Sweeper07
added line once again - (earlier in the season it was a bit different)

25 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A wee bit of pressure on Flynn to deliver today.

Hopefully JR will have him suitably fired up to perform at his best today.

There is pressure on everyone to deliver - with better options on the bench... most players will now be less confident that they won't be rested/dropped

Not sure how match fit Flynn is yet ..  so let's give him a chance... hopefully his best stuff will just keep on coming

4 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

I was in the army in york for two years and the local legend is to attempt

to have a pint in every pub on the micklegate mile and to still be

standing at the bottom of the hill.

Never tried it myself. 

It can be done as long as you do it over several days..