St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb

faraway saint

At the risk of provoking the usual tantrum, I thought Samson proved yet again today just how important a signing he was in the summer. Those 4 saves in a row were massive, a real turning point. After that we went up the pitch and got the penalty and from there it was a stroll. Felt a bit for McShane being benched today, but Magennis and McGinn were absolutely top drawer in that midfield. Flynn was neat and tidy and played well enough to keep his spot and allow Magennis to stay in the middle. 

Reilly, Smith (x2), Davies and Baird all excellent today as well. Actually thought Morgan was struggling a bit with the two men on him all the time, but it left so much space for everyone else. Dundee united know have two midweek trips to Inverness and Dumfries. It's ours to lose now. Good to be a buddy tonight. 

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Adam Eckersley, what a player. 

50 minutes ago, Drew said:

He would have been my MotM.

Eck had a lot of space this afternoon, probably due to Queens doubling up on Morgan, but he used it very well. Excellent performance.

Agree with you guys. Would have been my MOM.  Quietly goes about his business very effectively. Glad he's ours. 

Great finish from Liam Smith. We were the better team by some distance.

Just need to keep a wee eye on Livingston - who seem to be emerging as the final likely challenger.

I expect a tight win or fighting draw against them on the 17th - either of which will likely signal the title being ours to lose [emoji846]

4 hours ago, Hoof Hearted said:

that qos goalkeepers outfit is surely a joke, he deserves a hounding for wearing that,

pink to make the boys wink

He looked like pepper pig to me (so my grandkid said)  :lol:   As for the game, that was a comfy 90 mins apart from Samson making 4 good saves within a 2 min period. Keeping our average of 2 goals a game which is pleasing :)

Quote from the BBC match report by Jane Lewis.      

St Mirren have only lost once at home in the league this season. That was back on 12 August, and they were back at home after a run of away games against a side they had beaten twice already this season

Really Jane?:blink:

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Pretty easy.

what a shite club Queens are. Unable to afford lettering to put on Todorov’s shirt.

Should anyone be derided for being short of money?  Be they an individual or a collective such as a football club?

Do you know for sure that they don't have enough money for this and that is the reason why the lettering was missing?

It's only a few years since saints had to sell Mclean so that everyone else's wages could be paid.

Great finish from Liam Smith. We were the better team by some distance.

Just need to keep a wee eye on Livingston - who seem to be emerging as the final likely challenger.

I expect a tight win or fighting draw against them on the 17th - either of which will likely signal the title being ours to lose [emoji846]
I think they made some good signings in January and could well emerge as our biggest threat but they are some distance behind.

Our record away to them is very good bit I guess we broke the hoodoo they had over us at our ground so they may get revenge.

Quote from the BBC match report by Jane Lewis.      
St Mirren have only lost once at home in the league this season. That was back on 12 August, and they were back at home after a run of away games against a side they had beaten twice already this season
Really Jane?:blink:
Usual pish

2 hours ago, norman said:

At the risk of provoking the usual tantrum, I thought Samson proved yet again today just how important a signing he was in the summer. Those 4 saves in a row were massive, a real turning point. 

Samson was fantastic today. Someone behind me had a pop at him early doors as he dithered a wee bit  on a ball that Dobbie tried to pounce on. At this level though there's currently no one who is better than Sammy.