St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb

faraway saint

Easy game for this stage of the season.

They had a wee spell at 1-0 but didn't press home their advantage.

Second half they were happy to lose 2-0 until the final 5 minutes or so when they threw a few players forward.

If they're happy to lose 2-0 then I'm happy to win 2-0  - comfortable result in the end!

Edited by Bud the Baker

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Should anyone be derided for being short of money?  Be they an individual or a collective such as a football club?

Do you know for sure that they don't have enough money for this and that is the reason why the lettering was missing?

It's only a few years since saints had to sell Mclean so that everyone else's wages could be paid.

It was a wee bit tongue in cheek...

3 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

For me , i thought McGinn was MOTM 

strolled it. 

There wasn’t a failure.

what I liked yesterday was the flexibility of the team. A couple of times Flynn drifted in to the middle and Kyle went out to the right. That sort of fluidity is hard for teams and this level to deal with. 

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wasn’t that rule changed to a penalty and yellow card at beginning of season ?

I dont know but Rankin actually dived to save the ball....

if pen is missed then the offending team has no goal against and still 11 on the park

if its ball to hand then fair enough but he actually dived for  it

But you may be  right as i dont know the existing law 

23 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wasn’t that rule changed to a penalty and yellow card at beginning of season ?

Think that was only for tackles that are just mistimed. Think in this instance it was only  a yellow as the keeper was right behind him and would probably have saved it.

I actually thought the ref was very good yesterday however it wasn't that tough a game to referee.

How good is it to see the team play in first gear and still comfortably see out that game. Cigars were out for the 2nd half and 3 very strong subs.

Eck was my man of the match however can't fault anyone who says otherwise

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

elvis has disappeared after some outrageous posts aimed at him and TBH, I don't blame him. 

And the Mods disgracefully ignored it and the 2 culprits got off scot free. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whilst there’s no excuse for abusing anyone,  Elvis is absolutely no loss to this forum. He offered absolutely nothing but boring repetitive pish. 

I'm first to admit elvis was a pain, but the forum takes all types and the levels of abuse aimed at him was WAY over the top and, unfortunately, was allowed, which, IMO, was as bad as the terms aimed at him.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I'm first to admit elvis was a pain, but the forum takes all types and the levels of abuse aimed at him was WAY over the top and, unfortunately, was allowed, which, IMO, was as bad as the terms aimed at him.

Fair dos. I’m not aware of what was said.

I don’t miss him tho do you? :lol: