Jump to content

St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We want this one as United are in freefall and Caley are getting a little frantic

 

Can see this being close but a few sendings off

QoS signed Todorov in the window. Fair chance he wont last 90 mins if he plays like he did in his last game against us at the Fortress with Livingston when his first action was to elbow Baird in the face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

QoS signed Todorov in the window. Fair chance he wont last 90 mins if he plays like he did in his last game against us at the Fortress with Livingston when his first action was to elbow Baird in the face.

Thanks Sonny -- U could be right-  however I should have added can see Caley v united seeing Red..................

14 point gap Sunday- Get out the Bunting  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First game in too long so car keys left in the drawer first  beer on the ferry then 20 min wait for train at Wemyss Bay so into the station bar owned by a St Mirren fan top man. Off the train at St James and into 1877 club for another pint.  After our win will call into The Galatea Bar in Rothesay another pub owned by a Saints fan you got to do it. Then home to burn the wives ears about a great day out that does not happen enough now B)

So you like a beer do you?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck taking girls to The Panda Club, I took 2 girls there before the game on 6th January, they lasted 5 minutes before the boys had both of them in tears. 
Cheers for the heads up. Planning to hang around anyway just in case it's not for them. Have seen a few girls at Panda Club in the past when dropping off my son so hopefully all the girls get together and enjoy the experience.

I am hoping for a crowd of over 5,000 at the game and would be slightly disappointed if we don't get it as this side really merits a big crowd behind them in the remaining home games.

Remember to chant out Bairdy's name on the 15th minute.

Can't wait for the game.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Cheers for the heads up. Planning to hang around anyway just in case it's not for them. Have seen a few girls at Panda Club in the past when dropping off my son so hopefully all the girls get together and enjoy the experience.

I am hoping for a crowd of over 5,000 at the game and would be slightly disappointed if we don't get it as this side really merits a big crowd behind them in the remaining home games.

Remember to chant out Bairdy's name on the 15th minute.

Can't wait for the game.

Whilst I agree with what you say, I think you'll be disappointed.

Paisley does not deserve St Mirren - we'll probably be lucky to get over 4,000 (although I hope I'm wrong). Even Falkirk and Dumfermline can attract more supporters than Paisley.

There again that's not quite true - there will probably be twice as many again from Paisley heading off to foreign parts to cheer on Celtic and Sevco.

Edited by northstbuddie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst I agree with what you say, I think you'll be disappointed.
Paisley does not deserve St Mirren - we'll probably be lucky to get over 4,000 (although I hope I'm wrong). Even Falkirk and Dumfermline can attract more supporters than Paisley.
There again that's not quite true - there will probably be twice as many again from Paisley heading off to foreign parts to cheer on Celtic and Sevco.
A Falkirk supporting mate at work was asking why our crowds are lower than both Dunfermline and Falkirk considering our incredible league form at home in 2017.

Hard to pinpoint but being so close to the old firm is always a battle.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Whilst I agree with what you say, I think you'll be disappointed.

Paisley does not deserve St Mirren - we'll probably be lucky to get over 4,000 (although I hope I'm wrong). Even Falkirk and Dumfermline can attract more supporters than Paisley.

There again that's not quite true - there will probably be twice as many again from Paisley heading off to foreign parts to cheer on Celtic and Sevco.

There is a Paisley/St Mirren diaspora (self included) that can be tapped into.

The club is on the up, and we are getting a lot of positive coverage (all relative given hellish media bigot twin weighting) so also down to us to talk it up at every opportunity, wherever we are.

There's a time for the introspective 'woe is us' stuff. This isn't it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I  never seen all of last weeks game but what I did see I personally thought we looked better when Magennis went inside. 

All cup finals now boys & girls...........bring it on.  Huge game tomorrow.  It is the oldest cliché but lets be taking it 1 game at time and lets worry about ourselves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

A Falkirk supporting mate at work was asking why our crowds are lower than both Dunfermline and Falkirk considering our incredible league form at home in 2017.

Hard to pinpoint but being so close to the old firm is always a battle.

I'm not convinced they do have bigger crowds than us, having been to all our away games against them this season I've not been impressed with the home support in any of the fixtures yet the attendances were surprisingly high, I'm sure there's a fair bit of point scoring going on with them two, also there's been a few times this season I've thought our home attendances were far bigger than what was given, 

 

Anyway you just have to look at the away support to see who's the best supported club...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I'm not convinced they do have bigger crowds than us, having been to all our away games against them this season I've not been impressed with the home support in any of the fixtures yet the attendances were surprisingly high, I'm sure there's a fair bit of point scoring going on with them two, also there's been a few times this season I've thought our home attendances were far bigger than what was given, 

 

Anyway you just have to look at the away support to see who's the best supported club...

I have often thought that but sometimes it is hard to judge how full the Westbank is when you are sitting in it even though you can see that the Main Stand is near capacity. .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of crowds last Saturday at Perth for St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle were 2848 while at Hamilton a capacity testing 1776 watched Accies vs Dundee.

Think I'll have a wee bet on Kyle Magennis 1st scorer e/w at 14/1 tomorrow, could be in with a decent chance especially if he's going to keep taking free kicks and he's due a goal too.

Edited by Al Bundy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drew said:

There is a Paisley/St Mirren diaspora (self included) that can be tapped into.

The club is on the up, and we are getting a lot of positive coverage (all relative given hellish media bigot twin weighting) so also down to us to talk it up at every opportunity, wherever we are.

There's a time for the introspective 'woe is us' stuff. This isn't it.

On the contrary, the time is surely now when St Mirren are on a high.

I have previously made this point in darker times and nothing in Paisley has changed since then.

I'm proud of what our club has achieved (especially in the past year) and am as evangelical as the next Saints fan - but the Paisley atheists do not want to know. They prefer to live in the dark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

On the contrary, the time is surely now when St Mirren are on a high.

I have previously made this point in darker times and nothing in Paisley has changed since then.

I'm proud of what our club has achieved (especially in the past year) and am as evangelical as the next Saints fan - but the Paisley atheists do not want to know. They prefer to live in the dark.

So what do you suggest we - and the club - do? Other than talk us up when we are doing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think there will be a big crowd tomorrow. 4,500+
Not making a score prediction.... Don't feel confident about this one :unsure:

Got to agree with you Doakes, I’m a wee bit jittery regarding this fixture, part of me thinks if we can cut off the supply to Dobbie we will have a chance of a draw. I know I may appear really negative (and I don’t mean to), but despite us being pretty well clear I honestly don’t think we have wiped the floor with a team since the 3 nil at home against Dundee Utd.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:


Got to agree with you Doakes, I’m a wee bit jittery regarding this fixture, part of me thinks if we can cut off the supply to Dobbie we will have a chance of a draw. I know I may appear really negative (and I don’t mean to), but despite us being pretty well clear I honestly don’t think we have wiped the floor with a team since the 3 nil at home against Dundee Utd.

So, you think, at best, we can get a draw? :blink:

Apart from your "jittery" feeling, maybe try some medication, there's nothing t suggest we will get a draw at worst, as our home form is outstanding.

QOS are no mugs and do have a very good player at this level but, IMO, we have a better team.

Time will tell, 2-1 us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, you think, at best, we can get a draw? :blink:
Apart from your "jittery" feeling, maybe try some medication, there's nothing t suggest we will get a draw at worst, as our home form is outstanding.
QOS are no mugs and do have a very good player at this level but, IMO, we have a better team.
Time will tell, 2-1 us. 

Hey FS, I hope you’re right, yes we have been winning games, but many of the last several have been by the odd goal and even last week the last ten minutes or so we were hanging on a wee bit in fairness.

We do have a better team and I sincerely hope we come out first half and blow them away, however the cynical part of me wonders if we are due a beating.

We should beat them at home and I sincerely hope we do!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:


Hey FS, I hope you’re right, yes we have been winning games, but many of the last several have been by the odd goal and even last week the last ten minutes or so we were hanging on a wee bit in fairness.

We do have a better team and I sincerely hope we come out first half and blow them away, however the cynical part of me wonders if we are due a beating.

We should beat them at home and I sincerely hope we do!!

Can't argue with that and it depends how you wish to view these results.

At the end of the day we've won all these games, that's a fact.

Nothing is impossible and we could lose this game, but that would still, IMO, be a surprise as I believe in form and facts.

We have some breathing space and there's as much chance as our rivals will lose as many, if not more, than we will so we should have every confidence things will turn out with us being champions.

The fact I'm going for us to win and both teams to score is nothing to do with my optimism. :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't argue with that and it depends how you wish to view these results.
At the end of the day we've won all these games, that's a fact.
Nothing is impossible and we could lose this game, but that would still, IMO, be a surprise as I believe in form and facts.
We have some breathing space and there's as much chance as our rivals will lose as many, if not more, than we will so we should have every confidence things will turn out with us being champions.
The fact I'm going for us to win and both teams to score is nothing to do with my optimism. :wink:

Yeah, I agree, we have won most of these games and the points are banked, furthermore FWIW I personally think Dundee Utd will utterly implode and be lucky to make even the play offs. I digress but I think Livingston may be our main threat but the league will be ours!!

Lastly, I’m just going to check the odds on both teams to score with a Saints win
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RichardBuddie said:


Yeah, I agree, we have won most of these games and the points are banked, furthermore FWIW I personally think Dundee Utd will utterly implode and be lucky to make even the play offs. I digress but I think Livingston may be our main threat but the league will be ours!!

Lastly, I’m just going to check the odds on both teams to score with a Saints win emoji6.png

Read back a few posts, already posted.

I take no responsibility if it doesn't come through. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...