Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Always easy to say, hard to quantify.

Big games, supporters will make effort to go.

I reckon if they'd left it 2000+ buddies would have made the journey (or were able to). I can see it being about a 1000 buddies at best now. I hope i'm wrong ...

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

I reckon if they'd left it 2000+ buddies would have made the journey (or were able to). I can see it being about a 1000 buddies at best now. I hope i'm wrong ...

Reckon doesn't quite cut it................what was the last attendance at Dundee United?

That's a gauge.

I'm not saying a Friday night is great, it's 90 minutes to get to Dundee from Paisley so that's a factor.

Being on TV is also a factor but, as I said, it's a big game, supporters who were planing to go on the Saturday will, mostly, go on the Friday. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Reckon doesn't quite cut it................what was the last attendance at Dundee United?

That's a gauge.

I'm not saying a Friday night is great, it's 90 minutes to get to Dundee from Paisley so that's a factor.

Being on TV is also a factor but, as I said, it's a big game, supporters who were planing to go on the Saturday will, mostly, go on the Friday. 

Can only speak for myself. I will be there and one or two others I know as well. 

4 hours ago, munoz said:

I like the Friday night games. Obviously I prefer when they're at home , but it is what it is. It will just mean taking the day off work which shouldn't be a problem. If given the choice between say Sunday lunch time or Friday night football, it would be Friday night for me.

Also like Friday night games.

Personally .... would play them all then. 

Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

That's a gauge.

I'll be there .......

in front of my Telly :byebye

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Almost certainly will be, had planned for the Saturday, might whine about the change but I'll get back up from England for kick off.

Oh, also tickets provided by nice Dundee United player. :P

Will he be nice enough to give us the three points. :)

That's a gauge.

I think results the previous week will have as much influence on the attendance as anything else. If Utd drop points at Livingston and we thrash Brechin I think you'll see a large away support at Tannadice.

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Also like Friday night games.

Personally .... would play them all then. 

Just my opinion. 

Personally, it would suit me to have all home matches on a Friday night as I have to take time off work for all Saturday Games. 

No need for lie downs for me or probably Ricky also. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Personally, it would suit me to have all home matches on a Friday night as I have to take time off work for all Saturday Games. 

No need for lie downs for me or probably Ricky also. 

Personally, it would suit me to have all home matches on a Sun as I have to take time off work for all Fri/Sat games.

I'm away for a lie down.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Go and have a lie down, mate.

Just my opinion Drew.

If given a choice, I would choose Friday evenings for games.

If given a choice I would play these games in the summer.

Others will take a different view.

What the majority would be...I don't know.

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Just my opinion Drew.

Friday football aye , but only for tv. Saturday 3 pm for me.

Summer football aye. 

It all really depends on what suits the individual.

50 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Just my opinion Drew.

Aye, I appreciate that mate.

I'm a traditionalist, and unapologetic about it.  The occasional Friday night is okay, it has never really felt right to me.