Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I will offer my prediction....

More chance of an 8 year old boy not getting eyed up at the Vatican than this game going ahead.

The inevitable call off gives oor Jack and Jimmy the chance to rest our wonderful team (give Stephen McGinn a few days off to rest his weary legs).  It also leaves Dundee Utd with one hell of a busy schedule, a punishing schedule that will see them drop away into oblivion.

The call off may suit us......a weeks rest and whatever happens elsewhere WE will have a game in hand over our nearest rivals. 

Remember fellow supporters of Paisley's finest sporting establishment in history.....we WILL win this league, We WILL win it indeed.

Your first comment really belongs on a bigot brothers forum, and should be deleted!

the team had a week off before the Livi game and Ross/Barnslley fiasco..... look how well that went.

Between the covering of snow and the temperature, -3 at the minute, going to take something special to get this game to go ahead TBH. [emoji20]
Aye, yer right, more snow forecast for today, heavy, light snow tomorrow and heavy snow Friday. 
Even if this game goes ahead I don't see many Saints fans traveling now.

I for one who was taking a car with 5 Saints fans but we have decided to give it a miss.

What chance the powers that be setting a contingency in place to re-schedule froday nights game 24, or if required 48 hours later?
or indeed if other games fall foul to have a contingency for us to play our home game against Dumbarton this weekend utilising the USH?
seems to simple to be an option... i know.
I thought about that as well since Dundee don't have a game this weekend. Don't know what kind of noticed clubs need to get thing sorted for a game.

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

Do they not have to play there games in hand in the order they were postponed so would need to be Queens first. 

Don’t think so.  Last season our game against Raith was off due to our being in the Cup and it was played 4 days later, this was while we still had a previous postponed game against DUFC still to play.

22 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's not hard to see Livingston are on form but so are we and we also don't play them until the middle of April.

If it's close by that point then, yeah, it'll be exciting and nervous but at this stage the manager and team should be positive and confident.

Wish some of the support would grow a pair. 

I am a positive fan but watching them play over the last few home games have been nervy. Against Brechin we were crap a d would have been beaten  by a few goals against a better team. Look at the score the week before. I dont know what is going on as we are not dominating the way we were 2 months ago. Teams on their game will test us like livingston did and did it with ease. 

32 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

I am a positive fan but watching them play over the last few home games have been nervy. Against Brechin we were crap a d would have been beaten  by a few goals against a better team. Look at the score the week before. I dont know what is going on as we are not dominating the way we were 2 months ago. Teams on their game will test us like livingston did and did it with ease. 

Were at the QoS game?  As comfortable a win as we’ve had this season.

44 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

We dominated Brechin up until we missed the penalty and even after that  we weren't unduly threatened, other than a speculative shot that hit the post.

The only league game that we haven't dominated or deserved to win,  of late, is against the second best team in the league, where we were the masters of our own downfall.

Other teams have strengthened since January, so they're bound to provide us with stiffer opposition.

A few of our players have gone off the boil, maybe due to tiredness as a result of their efforts in previous months. We've also added some personnel, which has disrupted matters a little.

However, given the excellent job our players and management team have done so far for most of this season, we should have confidence in them to remedy the situation.

We also shouldn't forget that Dundee United are in a pretty bad place and Livingston, although they have improved, haven't suddenly morphed into Los Galacticos overnight.

We should try to enjoy our current position and get behind the team for the remainder of the season.

Edited by FTOF