Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

Is there any set rule with regards to how long before a match starts when they call it off? Would hate to be on the road up there on Friday for it to be canned 1 hour prior to kick off, will BT sport have an input to any decision or will it be down to the Dundee Polis?
Did you go to the Raith game in January 2016?
Postponed at about 2:55.

I would imagine this would be called off early , but Dundee Utd are notorious for late postponements , the most famous being in the early 80s when we were still in the pub at 2:50 on a Saturday with World of Sport on the tv when a big banner across the screen said : Game off - Dundee Utd v St Mirren ,  We headed down the hill to the ground to find a baying crowd behind the the stand and Wee Jum was out to apologise and Toshie was getting ripped into him. Funny as f**k to see Tosh in a spitting rage !

Today

Extremely cold again with a further succession of heavy snow showers streaming in on a bitingly cold easterly wind. Temperatures will struggle to rise above freezing with further disruption expected.

Tonight

A continuation of the recent theme of snow showers moving broadly east to west across the area is expected, with further snow accumulations, cold winds and a severe frost.

Heavy snow showers streaming in on a bitingly cold easterly wind. Temperatures will struggle to rise above freezing with further disruption expected.

Tomorrow

Snow showers continuing feed in on a cold east to southeast wind, with temperatures again struggling to rise above freezing. Showers perhaps becoming more confined to the west later."

Weather forecast for Dundee, Not looking good looks like I'll be cancelling another hotel.  Need to look for someone higher up to blame than club Officials or the SFA,  Our fixture run in could get a little hectic now with all these rearranged and postponed matches.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Forces of Nature

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I would imagine this would be called off early , but Dundee Utd are notorious for late postponements , the most famous being in the early 80s when we were still in the pub at 2:50 on a Saturday with World of Sport on the tv when a big banner across the screen said : Game off - Dundee Utd v St Mirren ,  We headed down the hill to the ground to find a baying crowd behind the the stand and Wee Jum was out to apologise and Toshie was getting ripped into him. Funny as f**k to see Tosh in a spitting rage !

Was that the day a few buses headed to Perth to watch St Johnstone v M'Well? 1st,and only,time I've been at a game that had 3 sets of supporters.

I phoned Tannadice and the pitch is playable BUT Dundee itself is under about 4 inches of snow and it's still snowing. A Health and safety Representative will conduct an inspection of the surrounding area, road conditions, weather forcasts, etc. at 11am and make a decision re whether the game can be played or not. At present there is no information re replay dates. Expect an announcement before 2pm but it don't look good.

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I phoned Tannadice and the pitch is playable BUT Dundee itself is under about 4 inches of snow and it's still snowing. A Health and safety Representative will conduct an inspection of the surrounding area, road conditions, weather forcasts, etc. at 11am and make a decision re whether the game can be played or not. At present there is no information re replay dates. Expect an announcement before 2pm but it don't look good.

With the problems on the M80 I can't see this game being allowed to go on.

1 hour ago, HSS said:
Was that the day a few buses headed to Perth to watch St Johnstone v M'Well? 1st,and only,time I've been at a game that had 3 sets of supporters.

Yep , weird one , wouldn't be allowed in a million years nowadays.

Eta Were you not at the Ibrox tournament , WBA and Southampton fans having a mini battle although they didn't play each other !

Edited by billyg

Sensible decision based on public safety. Can't argue with that and made early enough for most.  Feel for any fans who have booked travel, accommodation and tickets. Some might not make the new date. Summer football anyone?

Edited by St.Ricky