Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

It doesn't matter to us apart from our game against them as, as I many others have already stated weeks ago, DU are done. Livi are the ones to watch.

It's also about who they play.

We need them to do well against Livvi and any other teams who might be thought to be in contention for the title. Let them knock spots o

No need to repeat that if we keep up our form that this will be good enough. This is clear but I am happy to see rivals taking points off each other.

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's also about who they play.

We need them to do well against Livvi and any other teams who might be thought to be in contention for the title. Let them knock spots o

No need to repeat that if we keep up our form that this will be good enough. This is clear but I am happy to see rivals taking points off each other.

Do we?

You do know we are 8 points in front of Livingston?

Its more than likely Livingston will drop points to a few teams before the end of the season, as might we.

Also, who, exactly, do you think is in contention?

I wonder if it will still be a TV fixture. It clashes with the champions league quarter finals - but there is an English Championship game being televised on the same night. I guess it may come down to bt sport having space in their schedule...

I don't think matches are allowed to be televised on champions league nights, might be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, southsidebud said:
I wonder if it will still be a TV fixture. It clashes with the champions league quarter finals - but there is an English Championship game being televised on the same night. I guess it may come down to bt sport having space in their schedule...

I don't think matches are allowed to be televised on champions league nights, might be wrong though.

Doesnt that only apply to matches in the top tier ?

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Think so.  Sky showed Derby v Leeds the other week when the CL was being played.  Although with it being on BT I don’t know if they have a free channel on which to broadcast it,  5.30pm kick off maybe?

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Do we?

You do know we are 8 points in front of Livingston?

Its more than likely Livingston will drop points to a few teams before the end of the season, as might we.

Also, who, exactly, do you think is in contention?

I covered this by saying that if we keep up our firm so far this season then no one can catch us. I don't bet so a little insurance would be good in the firm of other teams who could mathematically catch us taking points off each other will do me nicely Mr F. 

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep - it would appear so.

Sky are showing an English Championship game at the same time as the CL QFs.

Hopefully BT will stick it on a channel in amongst their CL offerings.

UEFA will fine any governing body which allows a domestic match to be broadcast live in opposition to CL and EL matches.
The English Premier League and Football League have an arrangement that Sky and BT will pay the fine if they want to show a match.
I don't believe that the SPFL will have the same arrangement.

14 hours ago, southsidebud said:

It won't be !

UEFA will fine any governing body which allows a domestic match to be broadcast live in opposition to CL and EL matches.
The English Premier League and Football League have an arrangement that Sky and BT will pay the fine if they want to show a match.
I don't believe that the SPFL will have the same arrangement.

Thanks for the clarification - good to know

Tuesday night away in Dundee is OK for me and I like evening games but it is a trek back during the working week for many and might make it impossible for a number to attend. Will St Mirren TV or Buddievision be able to show the full game either live for overseas fans only or as a delayed transmission?

Tuesday night away in Dundee is OK for me and I like evening games but it is a trek back during the working week for many and might make it impossible for a number to attend. Will St Mirren TV or Buddievision be able to show the full game either live for overseas fans only or as a delayed transmission?
You'll have to get an account with United TV and pay for a "one off" match. If memory serves it's around £9.

1 hour ago, Gosport Buddie said:
3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You'll have to get an account with United TV and pay for a "one off" match. If memory serves it's around £9.

Thanks Gosport

• 3 weeks later...

"There will be engineering work on the rail lines on Tuesday 10th April when St Mirren travel away to Dundee Utd.

The work will be taking place around the Stirling area, and in turn could be problematic for fans looking to travel by train to the game.

There will be only one train service leaving Dundee post match at 9:56pm.

However, when the train reaches Stirling it will be a bus replacement service to Glasgow Queen Street, which is scheduled to get into Glasgow at 11:50pm."

• 2 weeks later...