Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

Ironic that tonight's live Match Commentary on Sportsound comes from St Mirren Park. 

And that Game is also live on BBC Alba television. 

Anyway, back on Topic. 

Arabs 0 St Mirren 4

Crowd  5287

GAME, SET AND TITLE 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

6-0 Saints. Reilly, Cammy, Cammy, Ryan Flynn and captain Stephen McGinn. And an own goal.

We've not won there since Van Zanten's fluke goal sensational strike many moons ago.  Tonight would be a great time to get that win.

Christ! Was that our last win up there ? Was at the game , seems like ages ago.

16 hours ago, supersaint12 said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1412078-flood-there-s-no-gulf-between-united-and-st-mirren

IMG_1148.jpg

Taken from b & w twitter but got to say willie flood AKA Gollum really needs to go chasing his ring what an arse.

Bring it on Saints

An article for the St. Mirren dressing room wall.

Not the photo .................................................that would be harsh.

United are kind of the Nottingham Forrest of Scotland. Their past is really impressive, and really should have been even better with a  2-0 lead over Roma in Euro semi. What they have done as a provincial club is amazing......

Yet here we are.............. a mid Championship team, with 3 wins in 4 months, going from massive favs to win league to possibles to get top 4. They may well blame the manager for all the changes, and the new and old Chairman, but truth is they are on a slope , that unlike Hearts and Hibs, will not have lots of money to get them back.

They are a bit like us in many ways  , except they reached the very top under McLean, they reached heights few Scottish clubs have, and I do feel for their fans. The recent crop are pretty awful and demotivated  , they have no youngsters pushing thru and with journeymen on their last decent pay packet , no one playing for the badge

In short I hope we thrash them tonight , but maybe they have already hit rock bottom

33 years on 11 April 1984

Dundee United Scotland 2–0 Italy Roma
Dodds Goal 48'
Stark Goal 60'
Attendance: 21,000
Edited by DougJamie

Although I was at Brechin on Saturday, cannot make the game tonight so was wondering if there will be any coverage on the wireless. I know this match was originally scheduled for live satellite tv coverage (which I wouldn't have seen anyway) and because of Champions League which is deemed far more important of course, there will be no tv either, so the vast majority of fans will be reliant on BBC Scotland. Wonder if they will push the boat out, given there are no Premiership games on tonight.

11 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Just checked, wireless coverage on BBC Scotland "open all mics"

54 minutes ago, shull said:

Ironic that tonight's live Match Commentary on Sportsound comes from St Mirren Park. 

And that Game is also live on BBC Alba television. 

Scotland v Poland

Women's World Cup Qualifier 

Played at St Mirren Park 

Kick Off  7-45pm 

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

United are kind of the Nottingham Forrest of Scotland. Their past is really impressive, and really should have been even better with a  2-0 lead over Roma in Euro semi. What they have done as a provincial club is amazing......

Yet here we are.............. a mid Championship team, with 3 wins in 4 months, going from massive favs to win league to possibles to get top 4. They may well blame the manager for all the changes, and the new and old Chairman, but truth is they are on a slope , that unlike Hearts and Hibs, will not have lots of money to get them back.

They are a bit like us in many ways  , except they reached the very top under McLean, they reached heights few Scottish clubs have, and I do feel for their fans. The recent crop are pretty awful and demotivated  , they have no youngsters pushing thru and with journeymen on their last decent pay packet , no one playing for the badge

In short I hope we thrash them tonight , but maybe they have already hit rock bottom

Dodds Goal 48'
Stark Goal 60'

Tbh im surprised at everybody's shock about how bad theyve been this season. They aren't in the same bracket as hearts and hibs in terms of club size so it's not as if they should be horsing the league.

They are just a big ish club the same as we are and other teams in this division. If this is their "disaster season" then well done them cos it's a million times better than our nightmare season(s). I wish we only had the worries of potentially missing the playoffs in the last 2 seasons when we've been horrendous.

They'll be back up soon when they figure it out. Same as us and other teams that come down and take a few years to get themselves together.

Dont feel sorry for them. Let's hammer them tonight, its our year and our night!

Anyone else noticed their belly is doing the samba this afternoon..?
i also did a shed load or ironing in record time and its still not time to head off!
Me too good lady away out for the day with the kids so just done some ironing (to keep in good books) while watching YouTube on TV started with Ayr United then Hibs,Dundee United,Falkirk,Ayr United,Morton,Raith and Hibs from last season.

Now to watch this season's highlights buzzing now.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Dodds Goal 48'
Stark Goal 60'

Good post. Outside Edinburgh and Glasgow Teams,  United are up there with Aberdeen in terms of honours won. Each had strong chairmen and outstanding managers in McLean and Ferguson.  As ownership diluted each of our top clubs hit hard times at one stage or another. Saints and United included. For me United and Dundee are closer to comparison with us as they share a population of around 250000 whilst we share with C and R in around 300000. On the money front, United have some seriously wealthy fans or directors. As with our club, none of their cash has been invested and won't be until they have a controlling interest. Watch this space for a reemergent Dundee United next season when ownership changes.  Meanwhile Saints are marching on following our own change of majority owner.  Fans of both teams are faithful but demanding. COYS 

Had a dream that were 1-0 down after 2 minutes and Van Zanten got sent off. After 20 minutes it was 10-2 to them but a short burst of highlights showed that if it hadnt been for our goalie and right back it would have been worse. Our goalie and right back were both Jack Ross! Am I stressed about tonight perhaps? No ....... not in the slightest.

33 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Had a dream that were 1-0 down after 2 minutes and Van Zanten got sent off. After 20 minutes it was 10-2 to them but a short burst of highlights showed that if it hadnt been for our goalie and right back it would have been worse. Our goalie and right back were both Jack Ross! Am I stressed about tonight perhaps? No ....... not in the slightest.

Unbelievable with Jack Ross at Right back we would be winning 10 v 2      :rolleyes:

This is a classic case of Reverse Delusional Syndrome - want to see a shrink - I recommend that you go for a good one. (OR get off whatever it is you were taking last night)