Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just had a look on a Dundee United forum................not a lot of confidence.

Varied from not turning up, seeing us winning 3-0 and dreading tonight's fixture.

Bookies see United at 31/20, Saints at 13/8 with the draw 12/5.

BTTS and us to win is 4/1 at Hills. Looks a half decent shout.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just had a look on a Dundee United forum................not a lot of confidence.

Varied from not turning up, seeing us winning 3-0 and dreading tonight's fixture.

Bookies see United at 31/20, Saints at 13/8 with the draw 12/5.

Oh, there's considerable respect from the majority on another United forum, most saying they would stay and applaud us if we get the draw or win.

Credit to them. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Our end should be bouncing, looking their forums doubt there will be much of a home support.

Can only be a good thing. It's almost like the Utd support want the defeats to continue so to quicken the exit of Shaba. Most of them seem to have given up on any chance of progressing through the playoffs anyway. 

I have a lot of time for DU as a club. As a young and pretty poorly paid man,  I worked and lived in Dundee not too far from Tannadice.  A United Official gave me the use of his season ticket to attend games I could not otherwise have gone to see.  They played in Black and White then. These guys are currently hurting.  For  my sins I hope that hurt continues tonight with a Saint's win or a draw.  I think the crowd will top 7000 and  that should we win the title by anything other than giving United a walloping then most will applaud the Championship Title Winners. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have a lot of time for DU as a club. As a young and pretty poorly paid man,  I worked and lived in Dundee not too far from Tannadice.  A United Official gave me the use of his season ticket to attend games I could not otherwise have gone to see.  They played in Black and White then. These guys are currently hurting.  For  my sins I hope that hurt continues tonight with a Saint's win or a draw.  I think the crowd will top 7000 and  that should we win the title by anything other than giving United a walloping then most will applaud the Championship Title Winners. 

Can't see that scenario happening Ricky. I imagine Tannadice will empty quicker than a stinking lift/elevator (away support excluded).

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can't see that scenario happening Ricky. I imagine Tannadice will empty quicker than a stinking lift/elevator (away support excluded).

See the point you are making Munoz.  Their  fans are hurting.  United cannot win the title but can be in the play offs.  On current form a point for them would be welcome. 

I recall being at Easter Road and staying to watch His be crowned champions. OK... The result also suited us. 

When you boil things right down football fans area pretty decent bunch despite the rivalry. 

If you were at Brechin on Saturday you will have experienced the warm welcome we were given. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, ironsaints87 said:

Came up yesterday and stayed in caravan at Tayport. Nice day and evening, woke up this morning to wind rain and v cold. Forecast for rain tonight in Dundee.. we’ll be singing in the rain when Morgan wins the game.

It's always like that in Tayport. :P

I'm heading into Dundee soon for lunch, I'll report back later.

Overcast here in Arbroath, quite chilly. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

See the point you are making Munoz.  Their  fans are hurting.  United cannot win the title but can be in the play offs.  On current form a point for them would be welcome. 

I recall being at Easter Road and staying to watch His be crowned champions. OK... The result also suited us. 

When you boil things right down football fans area pretty decent bunch despite the rivalry. 

If you were at Brechin on Saturday you will have experienced the warm welcome we were given. 

I was at Brechin and it was a warm welcome. I still reckon that there will be less than 500 Utd fans staying behind to applaud us if we get the result we need. 

It's always like that in Tayport. [emoji14]
Overcast in Perth. Should be in Dundee by 12 for lunch. Mrs ELS will supervise me till about 6 and keep me out of trouble till I Dump her for the saints. [emoji898][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's always like that in Tayport. :P

Always chilly in Arbroath. 

We will,  I hope,  be Singing and Dancing in the Rain. 

36 minutes ago, Maboza said:

5-0 Saints.  Reilly, Cammy, Cammy, Ryan Flynn and captain Stephen McGinn.  :D

6-0 Saints. Reilly, Cammy, Cammy, Ryan Flynn and captain Stephen McGinn. And an own goal.

We've not won there since Van Zanten's fluke goal sensational strike many moons ago.  Tonight would be a great time to get that win.