Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

Morgan has scored 2 free kicks in last few weeks but for some reason tonight he was 2nd choice to Magennis most of the time.

Absolutely love Magennis but these Ronaldo style free kicks he takes are terrible.

As others have mentioned our final ball was so bad the whole night.

Just now, saintargyll said:

You know...the players come out to warm up..they see the huge crowd...everyone is excited

they then come out for the kick off and the away crowd has grown even more...

the expectation is not only huge but exciting and the reality hits you.."this is it"

Then UTD score early and totally f**k it up

it is what it is...albeit a bit of a c**t...

Aye very poetic...............:lol:

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Muscled out of it by a team determined to keep us out. An early lesson of how physical it's going to be in the premiership.

No surprises for some Billy, there's no romantic games in the top league, and if anyone thought we were close to a team capable of surviving then maybe time to think again. 

Been watching the game a very disorganised performance said prior to kick off we should have shuffled the pack a bit as three games in a week is a big ask.At the end of course the team lost its shape completely and in the end relied on Hippos long throws simply not our style.Why we chose not to start our top scorer each week just baffles me.Still a bit to go and this will be a strong test on Saturday when I would definitely go 3-5-2.

A glorious 0-0 draw against Livi will clinch it on Saturday - it's the St Mirren way.

Tsk, call yourself a supporter

Naw, not even close to the St mirren way.

The St mirren way is a slug fest and a loss on Saturday, a struggle and a leggy effort against the worst Falkirk team in ten years, losing to a dodgy penalty, then a derby day collapse and finally roll on an adventure away to Grangemouth for a show down.

All the whole time worrying about Livingstons improving goal difference.

Hippolyte then does it ......LEGEND

That’s the St Mirren way !!

[emoji854]

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

As has been said by many posters on several previous  occasions - we only seem to have a plan 'A', played by the same team, with little variation in formation.

Perhaps it's time to freshen things up a bit.

Watch out, the "JR can do no wrong" team will be all over you like a rash. :wink:

SHuffed and puffed all night against a team that simply defended well . Unfortunately for us we had a few of our better players slightly off the pace tonight. For all our possession, corners , half chances etc , we never done enough to win. Great save and performance from Samson yet again. Ref was a Cnut yet again. 

Always said I'd prefer "a" Saturday in front of our own fans . 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watch out, the "JR can do no wrong" team will be all over you like a rash. :wink:

I was not having a dig at JR - I can appreciate why he has not meddled with things in the great scheme of things - if it's not broke, don't fix it.

But perhaps we are becoming too predictable and a bit jaded as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

SHuffed and puffed all night against a team that simply defended well . Unfortunately for us we had a few of our better players slightly off the pace tonight. For all our possession, corners , half chances etc , we never done enough to win. Great save and performance from Samson yet again. Ref was a Cnut yet again. 

Always said I'd prefer "a" Saturday in front of our own fans . 

Got to be Player of the Year.

Penalty save in December

Point blank save a few weeks ago

And 10/10 tonight.

That should fecking swing it. :lol:

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I was not having a dig at JR - I can appreciate why he has not meddled with things in the great scheme of things - if it's not broke, don't fix it.

But perhaps we are becoming too predictable and a bit jaded as the season progresses.

Nothing wrong with pointing out some games we don't perform.

That's what good teams do, continually improve or they will go backwards. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Got to be Player of the Year.

Penalty save in December

Point blank save a few weeks ago

And 10/10 tonight.

That should fecking swing it. :lol:

Good to hear you made it to a crucial game for a change . Disappointing result eh ?

Make up for it on Saturday when we romp it to clinch the Title at a rocking Greenhill Road.

btw, St Mirren have been generally a disappointment for decades, but I just gotta love them :wub: