Ross Stewart sent off for U20s

On 1/31/2018 at 4:43 AM, Kemp said:

Yet not only did you not learn your lesson, you came on here and posted it again!

When Shull and Faraway Saint are the only ones liking your post you now must realise you are in the wrong? The follow up responses of "PC gone mad" and "Can't even ask people their age nowadays" surely seals the deal? 

If you still don't get, look at the irony of a bunch of white & pink faced old men calling a black person, COLOURED?  You're the multi-coloured one!

Christ this takes me back to the 90s....

If you'd met big Ian, you'd realise his pasty complexion gives him the right to call Magnolia wallpaper "coloured" 

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

If you'd met big Ian, you'd realise his pasty complexion gives him the right to call Magnolia wallpaper "coloured" 

13 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sorry! :P

I will also Raleigh In defence of IOBS.

As part of my job I spent more time on Diversity Courses so that we could all be educated not to do an Alan Hanson, than I did training for any other aspect of the job. Most of it was irrelevant because the "Sectarianism "chapter was always missed out in Scottish courses for some reason.  Diversity Training started back in the 80's and "coloured " was an acceptable term whilst "Black" was debatable. In those early days I think the idea was to stop the general populist terminology  which regularly included the "N" word and many other routine phrases of the day which did nothing to engender multicultural relations and "coloured" was a lesser acceptable evil..

As time progressed "Coloured" got questioned and became unacceptable. "Black" came into common use, if referring to people. "Black" However was not considered fashionable if used to describe anything else. No black sheep, black Boards, black outs or black adjectives which gave a noun a negative aspect were to be used.

Recently the waters have got a bit more muddier. (There may be an issue with describing water as muddy but I think that's still OK) South African natives of mixed black races now refer to themselves as "coloured". This does not just refer to mixed as in black and white but also in terms of mixed black cultures too.  Recently a "coloured "athlete won a gold in the Olympics  and the term "Coloured" was splashed all over the BBC and media when they were describing the Athletes appearance. So if you don't know their cultural back ground calling them Black (which can be perceived by them as racist) would be enough to offend them.

So Folks Diversity is not all Black and White and because of this latest development in the diversity minefield, IOBS may well have been right to call said player "Coloured" if he was of South African mixed black race because calling him Black may have been perceived by the player to be racist.

Hope that clears things up.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Guest TPAFKATS
As part of my job I spent more time on Diversity Courses so that we could all be educated not to do an Alan Hanson, than I did training for any other aspect of the job. Most of it was irrelevant because the "Sectarianism chapter was always missed out in Scottish courses for some reason.  Diversity Training started back in the 80's and "coloured " was an acceptable term whilst "Black" was debatable. In those early days I think the idea was to stop the general populist terminology  which regularly included the "N" word and many other routine phrases of the day which did nothing to engender multicultural relations and "coloured" was a lesser acceptable evil..
As time progressed "Coloured" got questioned and became unacceptable. "Black" came into common use, if referring to people. "Black" However was not considered fashionable if used to describe anything else. No black sheep, black Boards, black outs or black adjectives which gave a noun a negative aspect were to be used.
Recently the waters have got a bit more muddier. (There may be an issue with describing water as muddy but I think that's still OK) South African natives of mixed black races now refer to themselves as "coloured". This does not just refer to mixed as in black and white but also in terms of mixed black cultures too.  Recently a "coloured "athlete won a gold in the Olympics  and the term "Coloured" was splashed all over the BBC and media when they were describing the Athletes appearance. So if you don't know their cultural back ground calling them Black (which can be perceived by them as racist) would be enough to offend them.
So Folks Diversity is not all Black and White and because of this latest development in the diversity minefield, IOBS may well have been right to call said player "Coloured" if he was of South African mixed black race because calling him Black may have been perceived by the player to be racist.

[emoji122][emoji23][emoji122][emoji23]

35 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

As part of my job I spent more time on Diversity Courses so that we could all be educated not to do an Alan Hanson, than I did training for any other aspect of the job. Most of it was irrelevant because the "Sectarianism chapter was always missed out in Scottish courses for some reason.  Diversity Training started back in the 80's and "coloured " was an acceptable term whilst "Black" was debatable. In those early days I think the idea was to stop the general populist terminology  which regularly included the "N" word and many other routine phrases of the day which did nothing to engender multicultural relations and "coloured" was a lesser acceptable evil..

Excellent explanation. Whole different ball game though when you bring South Africa into the equation, could end up with your legs cut off.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Good post in what seems to be a public midfield especially in western society. Many who know me know I'm not racist here is me worked in Nigeria  , Gabon , Cameron  , Angola  , South Africa where I made lots of local friends I found it offensive to call anyone black there the colourd word was never pointed out to be racist. The ones pointing the finger where have they worked and lived. 

Sounds like young Ross is getting great experience with Goody at Alloa. playing every week and scoring goals. JR said at a QandA night that he brought him in for the future. But when he got a couple sub appearances the abuse from some in the stands was unfair. I think he'll come back from ALLOA a better player. And hopefully he will be a decent player for us in the future.

41 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Sounds like young Ross is getting great experience with Goody at Alloa. playing every week and scoring goals. JR said at a QandA night that he brought him in for the future. But when he got a couple sub appearances the abuse from some in the stands was unfair. I think he'll come back from ALLOA a better player. And hopefully he will be a decent player for us in the future.

Never  understood fans shouting abuse at young players any of our players for that matter. 

19 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

With you 100 per cent. 

The clue is in the word Supporter

18 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never  understood fans shouting abuse at young players any of our players for that matter. 

Missed this.... when has Ross Stewart been 'Abused' from the stands..? Can honestly say i havent heard anything in the few appearances he made.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Missed this.... when has Ross Stewart been 'Abused' from the stands..? Can honestly say i havent heard anything in the few appearances he made.

I've certainly heard it. 

Most prominent was the game against East Kilbride where a bunch of young boys between 16 and 18 or so were shouting at him for being a f**king lump of wood. 

So when he scored the winner they got a few GIRUYs. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Heard a few arseholes moaning at him when he came on at home in the first Brechin game.

He set up the winner and they were still moaning.

I think you may be confusing out and out abuse, with a few people moaning when a player or the team gets it wrong?

there are moments in every match when a crucial pass to,put someone in is missed, or an interception cocked up that gets a collective "Ach.. bollocks!"  from the majority of our support. Is this a orchestrated campaign of abuse, or just football fans being.... football fans..?

that aside there is a reason Stewart got so little match time, and was loaned out. The championship is above his level, perhaps he may come back and get another opportunity? I dont believe he will in the Premiership though, thats no slight on him, its just not every player is equipped to play at a much higher level week in, week out.

cue the "you hate St mirren" brigade piling in for expressing a couple of opinions.

Personally I think he looks a lot more useful at the moment than Mullen. He plays the JR way and was pretty effective when he was on. If he had had a little luck he would've scored a few off the bench. Mullen does not look to be a championship level player and Livi are doing much better without him.

3 hours ago, Desnold said:

Personally I think he looks a lot more useful at the moment than Mullen. He plays the JR way and was pretty effective when he was on. If he had had a little luck he would've scored a few off the bench. Mullen does not look to be a championship level player and Livi are doing much better without him.

I think Livi sold us a pup!

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

Mullen sadly doesn't scare defences enough to be a Rottweiler :rolleyes:

Mullen can put it about , that's why we signed him as we're mostly a bunch of pansies. His tackle on his ex team mate at Livingston was a leg breaker and he was lucky to only get a yellow. Later on in that game he had a wee off the baller with Gallacher and was lucky again to get away with it. I'm sure , as we're closing in on the title , we'll see the Rottweiler in him again !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Mullen can put it about , that's why we signed him as we're mostly a bunch of pansies. His tackle on his ex team mate at Livingston was a leg breaker and he was lucky to only get a yellow. Later on in that game he had a wee off the baller with Gallacher and was lucky again to get away with it. I'm sure , as we're closing in on the title , we'll see the Rottweiler in him again !

Prefer to see the footballer in him, sadly, not yet. 

Mullen needs time on the pitch. Confidence looks shot and he isn't getting the chance to play his way into some form as those in front of him in the queue are so good. No criticism of him from me, as I think there is a good player in there and hopefully we will see that. A goal, as I've said before, would do the lad the world of good.