MYLES HYPOLYTE - Welcome

MylesHippolyte-1.jpg

St Mirren Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Myles Hipployte on an 18-month deal.

The forward joins The Buddies after leaving fellow Championship side Falkirk where he had made 69 appearances.

23 year-old Myles also had a spell with Livingston before joining the Bairns in 2016.

Speaking to Buddievision on his move, Myles said: "It feels good to be at the club. I'm looking forward to it and getting out on the pitch and meeting the boys, and going forward seeing how we can finish the season. 

"Hopefully I can add to the team to help us at the top of the table, with regards to staying there, and hopefully securing that spot. I think thats the most important thing for everyone, getting St Mirren back into the Premiership."

St Mirren manager Jack Ross said: "We've spoken about the desire to get in one more in an attacking sense, but also I'm happy with the squad, so it needed to be somebody who would strengthen us again and improve us. And somebody also who had the potential to get better, and i think he definitely fits all those criteria.

"We have good flexibility in our players middle to front, and I think he's another one that fits with that - he's comfortable in any of those front four positions. Which is important for us, because I think the players have blossomed under that system."

Looks a big unit, could offer a bit more physicality than we currently have

Good to have him on board.

Squad looking really strong now with 2 players for every position pretty much

Other than Dobbie (whos 35) I cant really think of any other players in the league that would get into our starting 11

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Falkirk fans on twitter in unison celebrating getting rid of him. Something about last years AGM?

Aye. They are all celebrating......

hippo would be a good signing and I'd be sorry to see him go. if you have a large squad which you guys do, and can pick and choose what games and when you play him he'll be great. I wouldn't want to depend on playing him week in week out in a small squad as his form is inconsistent. generally within 15 minutes if a gamecstarting you'll know if he's in the mood. if he is he's a joy to watch big fast tricky with a powerful shot and goals in him that no one else could score.

downsides as mentioned are consistency attitude often injured dives a bit and not great defending and tracking back.

still gutted to lose him and that tells it all

OR

he's the first one we've let go im slightly surprised and disappointed at.

OR

Hippolyte is an excellent player, probably one of the best in the league on his day. I would've definitely kept him for falkirk. On the downside, he's frequently injured and can look disinterested at times and look like he doesn't give a f**k.

OR

Gutted to see Hippo go. Apart from Sibbald he was the only player that showed some really talent with the ball and was willing to try something different.
I think with the right manager they will make him into a more consistent performer.
Good signing!

Edited by Sonny