MYLES HYPOLYTE - Welcome

Welcome Myles!

I am for one very happy with this signing. Every time he has played against us either with Livingston or Falkirk any time he has got on the ball ive thought he looked dangerous with his running power while on the ball and strength. He definitely offers something different to the team that we might not have at the moment.

Everyone has different opinions on him but he is now a St.Mirren player. Let’s get behind him just like we have with every other player this season

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that Hippolyte was set to sign a PCA for St Mirren, but that we might have fronted up a few quid to get him in January. Might have been from a Falkirk supporter on P&B, so most likely nonsense.

Either way, he will hopefully be a useful addition during the run-in once he is back to full fitness in the next week or so.

Talking of returning from injury, have we had any update on how Todd is getting on?

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that Hippolyte was set to sign a PCA for St Mirren, but that we might have fronted up a few quid to get him in January. Might have been from a Falkirk supporter on P&B, so most likely nonsense.

Either way, he will hopefully be a useful addition during the run-in once he is back to full fitness in the next week or so.

Talking of returning from injury, have we had any update on how Todd is getting on?

A risky strategy quoting Falkirk supporters from P&B. :wink:

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
I lifted the twitter quotes directly from the St Mirren Fans page on facebook, where they were posted in response to Hippolyte's signing. If you want to re-direct the pitchfork and torch brigade, thats the place to head.
Edit: guess i should have hung back a bit and posted this from the same page..?

IMG_1593.thumb.JPG.9391bdb17155d2bfe2d883ca4ac34887.JPG

LPM I've read two different St Mirren Fans/Supporters Facebook pages and don't remember seeing those screen captures. Can you provide a link to it?

I saw it on facebook on the St Mirren Fc Fans page (15.14 posted by D Park) why I try to link it it just lifts the twitter quotes and not the whole post. Its on the same post as the ones referring to the director who quit.

edit: wider spectrum of quotes, views and opinions on Falkirks official facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/falkirkfootballclub/#

in summary some dissapointed he's gone, especially anyone with young kids.

some happy the door doesnt smack his arse on the way out.

the most specific, and most shared view is 'inconsistent'

Edited by Lord Pityme

I’m hoping this signing is more strengthening of the squad rather looking to fit him into the team. We now have a consistent, winning first eleven give or take the odd tweak when needed. If his record of inconsistency is true then perhaps he is viewed as an impact sub when we are ahead in games to give the opposition defence more to think about. Teams will know us well now and he might just be what we need to spring a surprise so that we don’t become predictable and therefore easier to play against.

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Very much how I see it.

If he forces his way into the starting eleven this season we will have won a watch.

He has pace, can beat a man, has a good free kick in him, and can score with either foot.

I reckon long term, Jack is planning for the Premiership and replacing Lewis.

Forward players like Smith and Reilly who have been indifferent elsewhere have blossomed under Jack.

Myles will be next.

It seems Jack's ability and talent is unparalleled at this level . As you say he has the knack of bringing out the best in players . It is amazing to think to some of our fans used to refer to Saint Mirren park as a strikers graveyard .

I have no doubt that Jack will bring out the best in Hypolyte , the only downside is that we have perhaps seen the last of Sutton getting a game. .

3 minutes ago, shull said:

You'll miss me. :)

Just looking at the OP's title...

doesnt Lee (dressing room stirrer) Mair work for the company..? Would suit him down to the ground selling a product that gives you not heavy, but 'Lyte' periods of manic outbursts....

come and join our team and the revolution of outstanding agents, picking up great commission and see our clients go feckin spare..... HYPOLYTE ... for when you need to loose it fast!

This has been one hell of a post to welcome a new player to the club. Unfortunately it has descended into some of the usual slagging that pi**es off a number of members to the degree  they look elsewhere.

That aside,  I will go on record and say that I cautiously welcome Myles to the club. Any time I've seen him play he has been dangerous, enigmatic and yes inconsistent, but in many ways he reminds me of a couple of players from a few years ago, George McLean and Jim Blair. 

I appreciate that some might splutter in the coffee with him being mentioned in the same breath as these two, but they both  brought something to the game that no-one else in the team had and that was tall and awkward, with an ability with the ball at their feet, frustratingly enigmatic and yes at times inconsistent in form, but they were good players and contributed well to the team efforts at the time.

George came to the club at the age of 17 and only stayed with us two years before heading along Glasgow Road for a few miles, and Jim Blair played for us twice and initially arrived at the age of 20.  So 23 isn't that old or impossible an age to shape into a better player, and given he has a Manager in front of him now that can appear to turn a few shiny nuggets into gold, you just never know with someone like Myles, he might just be that kind of acquisition.

Yes he has had a bit of a reputation for some single pike dives, but that can be knocked out of him by both team mates and Management. Give him a chance guys, and to LPM I hope you are made to eat your words! :wacko:

13 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

This has been one hell of a post to welcome a new player to the club. Unfortunately it has descended into some of the usual slagging that pi**es off a number of members to the degree  they look elsewhere.

That aside,  I will go on record and say that I cautiously welcome Myles to the club. Any time I've seen him play he has been dangerous, enigmatic and yes inconsistent, but in many ways he reminds me of a couple of players from a few years ago, George McLean and Jim Blair. 

I appreciate that some might splutter in the coffee with him being mentioned in the same breath as these two, but they both  brought something to the game that no-one else in the team had and that was tall and awkward, with an ability with the ball at their feet, frustratingly enigmatic and yes at times inconsistent in form, but they were good players and contributed well to the team efforts at the time.

George came to the club at the age of 17 and only stayed with us two years before heading along Glasgow Road for a few miles, and Jim Blair played for us twice and initially arrived at the age of 20.  So 23 isn't that old or impossible an age to shape into a better player, and given he has a Manager in front of him now that can appear to turn a few shiny nuggets into gold, you just never know with someone like Myles, he might just be that kind of acquisition.

Yes he has had a bit of a reputation for some single pike dives, but that can be knocked out of him by both team mates and Management. Give him a chance guys, and to LPM I hope you are made to eat your words! :wacko:

I would love to have to eat my words over the gamble signing Hippo, not just now though as I had an acid reflux epidode there when you likened Hippo to The Bear..!

What is interesting is your observation and hope (shared by many)  that the manager can 'change' the unsavoury aspects of Hippo's game... I think you should consider the possibility that at 23 he's been signed for the player he is, and that Ross not only knows what he gets up to, but wants that 'type' of gamesmanship available to him..?

I and, i know several others have bemoaned the fact that sometimes we are too squeaky clean for our own good. So its a bit like all gambles, vices, deviations.... how far are you/we prepared to go with it before shouting the 'safe' word..?

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would love to have to eat my words over the gamble signing Hippo, not just now though as I had an acid reflux epidode there when you likened Hippo to The Bear..!

What is interesting is your observation and hope (shared by many)  that the manager can 'change' the unsavoury aspects of Hippo's game... I think you should consider the possibility that at 23 he's been signed for the player he is, and that Ross not only knows what he gets up to, but wants that 'type' of gamesmanship available to him..?

I and, i know several others have bemoaned the fact that sometimes we are too squeaky clean for our own good. So its a bit like all gambles, vices, deviations.... how far are you/we prepared to go with it before shouting the 'safe' word..?

Cyanide would be a start :whistle